Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WildCard

The Krueger Effect

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Okay Ralph.  Here's your challenge.  You've got your forwards back.  Prove me wrong.  I hope you do.

Two forwards, they still need another 2C and a scorer and not the same guy... this isn't a West Virginia joke... how do you know you are talking to a West Virginian... he introduces you to his wife and his cousin and there is only one woman standing there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Two forwards, they still need another 2C and a scorer and not the same guy... this isn't a West Virginia joke... how do you know you are talking to a West Virginian... he introduces you to his wife and his cousin and there is only one woman standing there...

I really don't think we are getting a 2C from anywhere else. It's going to be Cozens or possibly Mitts. Like it or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I really don't think we are getting a 2C from anywhere else. It's going to be Cozens or possibly Mitts. Like it or not. 

How about a 3C then? Or a 4C who ranks top 50 in FOW%?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I really don't think we are getting a 2C from anywhere else. It's going to be Cozens or possibly Mitts. Like it or not. 

Neither one has shown any evidence they are ready to be a 3rd line NHL center let alone a 2nd line Center

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I really don't think we are getting a 2C from anywhere else. It's going to be Cozens or possibly Mitts. Like it or not. 

The offseason we might. This deadline is just going to be shedding some of the fat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WildCard said:

The offseason we might. This deadline is just going to be shedding some of the fat

It could happen. We all hate GMTM, but even he was capable of adding a 2C for a reasonable cost. It happens, we just have to be the ones there and ready when one shakes loose, or have to be the ones to use our offer to convince a team they can shake him loose, or we have to be the ones to identify a soon-to-be 2C correctly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

How about a 3C then? Or a 4C who ranks top 50 in FOW%?

That's either Larson or Lazar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, freester said:

That's either Larson or Lazar

do better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

It could happen. We all hate GMTM, but even he was capable of adding a 2C for a reasonable cost. It happens, we just have to be the ones there and ready when one shakes loose, or have to be the ones to use our offer to convince a team they can shake him loose, or we have to be the ones to identify a soon-to-be 2C correctly

It could but realistically I can't see it. Between the roster holes we have this offseason, cap space, and a higher availability of 2C's available in the offseason, I can't see Botterill making a big move like that right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WildCard said:

It could but realistically I can't see it. Between the roster holes we have this offseason, cap space, and a higher availability of 2C's available in the offseason, I can't see Botterill making a big move like that right now.

That's what I mean, I'm talking about this offseason. I certainly don't expect anything big at the trade deadline. 

I'd only trade the UFAs that I think don't contribute much 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

That's what I mean, I'm talking about this offseason. I certainly don't expect anything big at the trade deadline. 

I'd only trade the UFAs that I think don't contribute much 

That's what I was saying in the first place haha I think we're in agreement here

I'm hoping he trades the UFAs for some younger prospects with high upside. That or get some 2-4 round picks in there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, freester said:

Neither one has shown any evidence they are ready to be a 3rd line NHL center let alone a 2nd line Center

Agreed. But sadly that's the reality of the situation.

15 hours ago, WildCard said:

The offseason we might. This deadline is just going to be shedding some of the fat

How? What are you giving up to get them? I really don't think any top notch FAs will have Buffalo on their list of possible destinations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sabres, despite injuries and a roster nearly devoid of offensive talent, have somehow hung in there. It would be a shame if Botterill didn't find a way to reward them with a little help and the chance to make a run. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2020 at 10:45 PM, PerreaultForever said:

I really don't think we are getting a 2C from anywhere else. It's going to be Cozens or possibly Mitts. Like it or not. 

Sabres should look for a 2nd center that has the flexibility to move to W when Cozens is ready to take over the #2 role. Can't count on DC or Mitts until they truly show it at the NHL level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, darksabre said:

The Sabres, despite injuries and a roster nearly devoid of offensive talent, have somehow hung in there. It would be a shame if Botterill didn't find a way to reward them with a little help and the chance to make a run. 

Think I heard we are 2nd most in man games lost 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

Sabres should look for a 2nd center that has the flexibility to move to W when Cozens is ready to take over the #2 role. Can't count on DC or Mitts until they truly show it at the NHL level.

Isn’t that what Johansson is suppose to be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Derrico said:

Isn’t that what Johansson is suppose to be?

Except Mojo was never really capable of being a center.  That was wishful thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darksabre said:

The Sabres, despite injuries and a roster nearly devoid of offensive talent, have somehow hung in there. It would be a shame if Botterill didn't find a way to reward them with a little help and the chance to make a run. 

I can't get there with you this time. Unlike fans, Botterill can't be fooled by a few games. This team went 4-4-1 in the homestand. Not nearly enough. I doubt the GM is up for sacrificing anything of the future for this team.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I can't get there with you this time. Unlike fans, Botterill can't be fooled by a few games. This team went 4-4-1 in the homestand. Not nearly enough. I doubt the GM is up for sacrificing anything of the future for this team.

Yuck. Loser mentality. The future is now.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spndnchz said:

Think I heard we are 2nd most in man games lost 

Probably middle of the pack if Hunwick's 59 games are discounted out of that total.

Thompson also driving that total up even though he'd only played 1 NHL game this year when he broke.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the truth does seem to be that injuries have played a big part in this team's ups and downs. I hate using any excuse but after seeing what a big difference having VO and dare I say it KO in the lineup makes I am on board with maybe thinking that we are on the right track. I still strongly believe that we need a 2nd center and I do not mean either of Mitts or DC...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 9:58 AM, Randall Flagg said:

It could happen. We all hate GMTM, but even he was capable of adding a 2C for a reasonable cost. It happens, we just have to be the ones there and ready when one shakes loose, or have to be the ones to use our offer to convince a team they can shake him loose, or we have to be the ones to identify a soon-to-be 2C correctly

Name one deal of GMTM at reasonable cost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Name one deal of GMTM at reasonable cost

Ryan O’Reilly and Jamie McGinn for Grigorenko, Zadorov, Compher, and the 31st pick in the draft.

Reasonable

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...