Sign in to follow this  
StuckinFL

What do you need to see before you're totally bought in?

1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Were you around when I was on my draft Fucale rampage?

That whole thing made me famous around here.

FUCALE!!

😎

Not sure I was posting then but may have been in lurking stage 'cuz I do remember that.

• Like (+1) 1

I need to see the Sabres actually clinch a playoff berth before I'm totally bought in. Until then, it's just the same core group of mentally soft chokers that couldn't pull themselves out of last December's spiral to oblivion. Is the head coach the difference? Possibly. Hopefully.

I'm not a total cloud of dark despair, however. I am very much enjoying the 4-0-1 start. Jokiharju and Olofsson are very nice additions.

I'm all in now. 

I don't know if we will be good enough to make the playoffs this year, but I firmly believe from what I've seen this year that there is a huge change taking place and the train is finally on the right track. Now it's simply a question of injuries, luck, goaltending streaks (ours and the opposition's) and how fast the prospects like Cozens and Asplund etc develop. 

• Like (+1) 1

Have to see how team reacts to adversity. Will they let a tough loss turn into a 10 game slide? Will they find ways to steal points?

great start but little things like letting Florida tie game and make it a 3 pt game are the type of games where that point could very well matter later on.

Edited by rickshaw

32 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

Have to see how team reacts to adversity. Will they let a tough loss turn into a 10 game slide? Will they find ways to steal points?

great start but little things like letting Florida tie game and make it a 3 pt game are the type of games where that point could very well matter later on.

I’m interested in that stuff too, and like what I’ve seen so far. They’ve been resilient.

They probably stole a point in Columbus.

They rebounded from a tough loss in Columbus to win their next two.

They blew two late leads and still managed to win each game in extra time.

I don’t feel the panic that seemed present every game of last year’s streak.

There seems to be a belief that they can win. They don’t seem to go full Alamo in the third with a lead.

I believe they will be relevant in March.

5 hours ago, rickshaw said:

The inverse of that is the Columbus game where they came back from a 2-0 hole to tie, then again came back to tie in the 3rd and force OT, stealing a point in a game that they were getting beaten pretty thoroughly.  It happens.

On 10/12/2019 at 10:21 AM, darksabre said:

I'm inclined to agree.

The one thing I think that is different though is the power play. The streak games were won on a lot of lucky bounces and Jeff Skinner. Neither of those things have really been a factor in these wins so far. I think they're earning these wins a little more than they did during the streak.

Skinner has been really good!