Summer Fun: Your Favorites

Andrew Amerk

Sabres:

Hasek, LaFontaine, & probably Gare (so hard to limit it to 3, but the top 2 are given).

Non-Sabres:

Dryden, LaFleur, & probably Dionne (see previous comment).

Despised Sabres:

Smehlik, Housley, Juneau (fortunately he was just a blip on the screen, but he helped keep the Sabres from winning 4 games (so far) from Dallas in '99) (& see previous comment ;)).

Despised non-Sabres:

Lindros, Marchand, Smith, Hunter, Lucic (those 5 are definitely up there, no way are we limiting that one to 3 ? , could easily come up with a top 10 or even top 20).

30 minutes ago, Neo said:

I want the story behind you and Terry Sawchuk (whose middle name is the same as Robert Orr’s).  I know he’s a Red Wing, and of your heart’s beating ...

Goalies fascinate me. He's one of those OG goalie types. Fascinating guy. It's partially as superficial as me finding that (somewhat exaggerated/doctored) pic of his face all stitched up (fun fact, I digitally painted using that as reference, people often accidentally use my painting in articles instead of the real picture. If you look slightly closely you'll see my messy/inexperienced brushstrokes- gives it away fast) really interesting... and partially that when I got into hockey, I really fell for the history, and to me, him and Plante and Dryden are important historical goalies. 

And yes, the grit and old stand up style/pads of Sawchuk goes very very nicely with that classic old Red Wings sweater. I'm all about appearances haha

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Loved Rico and Bert as a kid, Mike Ramsey was my guy through the dry ‘80s, Lafontaine and Peca in the ‘90s, Miller in the ‘00s.

Forsberg outside the Sabres.

It’s odd, but I feel like I am forcing the most-hated. Must have suppressed those feelings.

Edited by dudacek

Sabres:

1. Hasek

2. Ray

3. Eichel

Honorable mention to RJ. He brought so much life to those broadcasts. 

Non-Sabres:

1. Mario Lemiuex

2. Jaromir Jagr

3. Peter Forsbreg

Hated Players:

1. Lucic

2. That flyers goalie who wore oversized shoulder pads? I don't remember his name but I hate his face

3. Ville Leino

13 minutes ago, EichSnipe said:

Sabres:

1. Eichel 2. Briere 3. Dahlin (bonus who I never saw play but love nonetheless would be Mogilny)

Around the NHL:

1. Seth Jones 2. Patrick Kane 3. Nate MacKinnon

Despised

1. Kadri 2. Chara 3. Mini Domi

I'm glad somebody else appreciates this absolute beaut 

3 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

Sabres:

1. Hasek

2. Ray

3. Eichel

Honorable mention to RJ. He brought so much life to those broadcasts. 

Non-Sabres:

1. Mario Lemiuex

2. Jaromir Jagr

3. Peter Forsbreg

Hated Players:

1. Lucic

2. That flyers goalie who wore oversized shoulder pads? I don't remember his name but I hate his face

3. Ville Leino

I’ve not watched this in years, and my memory is suspect, and I’m an unabashed homer ....  but I have Ray something like 11-1-1 vs Domi.

2 hours ago, EichSnipe said:

Sabres:

1. Eichel 2. Briere 3. Dahlin (bonus who I never saw play but love nonetheless would be Mogilny)

Around the NHL:

1. Seth Jones 2. Patrick Kane 3. Nate MacKinnon

Despised

1. Kadri 2. Chara 3. Mini Domi

Is “mini-Domi” the father or son? ?

• Haha (+1) 1

Favorite Sabres of all-time:

1. Dominik Hasek

2. Brian Campbell 

3. Rasmus Dahlin 

Favorite non-Sabres of all-time:

1. Peter Forsberg 

2. Scott Niedermayer 

3. Connor McDavid

Least favorite NHL players of all-time:

1. Milan Lucic 

2. Sean Avery

3. Marty McSorley (and any other POS who hits someone in the head with a stick while playing a game)

For you youngsters Billy Smith has to be in the top 3 dirtiest players to ever play the game.  Also, before there was a Linesman, Lemieux or Dale Hunter there was Tiger Williams, I'm surprised he hasn't been mentioned yet.

The infamous Lindy Ruff incident was par for the course for Billy.... that dirty SOB.

Hasek, Mogilny, Spacek for some reason, I loved that guy, he was my fave from the most recent good years.  

Wendell Clark, Theo Fleury, Jagr

Chris Neil, Alexander Semin, Patrick Roy you aren't even the second best goalie ever so everybody shut up. 

Edited by Skibum

2 minutes ago, Skibum said:

Hasek, Mogilny, Spacek for some reason, I loved that guy, he was my fave from the most recent good years.  

Wendell Clark, Theo Fleury, Pavel Bure

Chris Neil, Alexander Semin, Patrick Roy you aren't even the second best goalie ever so everybody shut up. 

He came THIS close to knocking Gare off my list.

?

• Thanks (+1) 1

Favorite Sabres:

1.  Gilbert Perreault 

2.  Pat LaFontaine

3.   Michael Peca/ Dominik Hasek 

Fav non-Sabres

1. Bobby Orr

2. Larry Robinson

3. Mario

Just don’t like at all: 

1. Bobby Clarke

2.  Mike Millbury 

3. Billy Smith. 

Edited by Pimlach

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.