Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

Andrew Hammond signs with Sabres

Recommended Posts

It's always interesting to see the career paths of these goalies who come out of nowhere and explode out of the gate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does Botterill remember that the Sabres need a talent boost as well?

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hamburglar, Lazar eats cheeseburger off ice... 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Does Botterill remember that the Sabres need a talent boost as well?

I feel like this happens each each July 1 under Botterill, a whole bunch of low level darts and sees what sticks. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ullmark or Hutton on their way out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Ullmark or Hutton on their way out?

I don't think so.  JBOT has been saying he needs a veteran #3.  Hammond fits this and poses no problem giving up ice time to 6K when he's healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Ullmark or Hutton on their way out?

He never played an nhl game.  Last year he played one and year before he played 6.  Since that big playoff push with Ottawa he’s barely even played in the nhl.  Why on earth would signing have any inpact on nhl starts.  Heck upl once healthy will start in roch over him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tondas said:

I don't think so.  JBOT has been saying he needs a veteran #3.  Hammond fits this and poses no problem giving up ice time to 6K when he's healthy.

 

36 minutes ago, Derrico said:

He never played an nhl game.  Last year he played one and year before he played 6.  Since that big playoff push with Ottawa he’s barely even played in the nhl.  Why on earth would signing have any inpact on nhl starts.  Heck upl once healthy will start in roch over him.

Did you guys not notice who posted the question that you both responded too?

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

 

Did you guys not notice who posted the question that you both responded too?

Oh I know. 

buffy the vampire slayer spike GIF

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I think this is my favorite move from yesterday.  It shores up that #3 goalie spot and allows 6K to focus on Rochester (when he returns) if something happens to Hutton (like an assassination by a fan) or Ullmark.  Hammond's time in the NHL was up and down, but the up was really up.  And it cost next to nothing.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eleven said:

So I think this is my favorite move from yesterday.  It shores up that #3 goalie spot and allows 6K to focus on Rochester (when he returns) if something happens to Hutton (like an assassination by a fan) or Ullmark.  Hammond's time in the NHL was up and down, but the up was really up.  And it cost next to nothing.

I think I missed something here.  Who in blazes is 6K?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, New Scotland (NS) said:

I think I missed something here.  Who in blazes is 6K?

UPL has six ks in his name.

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all the talk of "win now", I'm surprised they're not trying to upgrade between the pipes.   Neither Hutton nor Ullmark are proven starters in this league.   

Everybody thinks they're good enough?  Really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I think I missed something here.  Who in blazes is 6K?

Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen.  His name has 6 K’s, but it’s a really terrible nickname and I’m never going to use it.

Should just call him Ukko (Finnish Thunder God=badass)

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Curtisp5286 said:

Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen.  His name has 6 K’s, but it’s a really terrible nickname and I’m never going to use it.

Should just call him Ukko (Finnish Thunder God=badass)

I agree.  I prefer the nickname 3U.

 

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

With all the talk of "win now", I'm surprised they're not trying to upgrade between the pipes.   Neither Hutton nor Ullmark are proven starters in this league.   

Everybody thinks they're good enough?  Really?

They're not the best.  Hammond might get a look or two during the season with big club.  I think the goal is to have 3U as the starter coming out of the lockout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...