GDT Sabres at The Islanders 7pm MSG

Brawndo

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

Looking forward to watching some of Zemgus Girgensons and Johan Larsson’s last games as Sabres.

I like their games when they are playing for something. Hope they catch on as 4th liners on a winning team somewhere next year. 

I like Larry.  Girgs on the other hand just seems to have hit a wall.

Please add Sobotka, Nelson, Hunwick, Okposo, and Pominville to the list of players not coming back.  I like Pommer out of all of them.   

Bad seasons by Scandella, and Risto too - each could be moved  in a trade  

Tage and Mitts had tough years, lots of growing pains  

Eichel, Reinhart, Skinner all faded at the end.  None of them really stepped up as the season got long . 

Dahlin In is already the best player on the team and the only untouchable IMO.  Yes, the ONLY untouchable  

Edited by Pimlach

12 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I like Larry.  Girgs on the other hand just seems to have hit a wall.

Please add Sobotka, Nelson, Hunwick, Okposo, and Pominville to the list of players not coming back.  I like Pommer out of all of them.   

Bad seasons by Scandella, and Risto too - each could be moved  in a trade  

Tage and Mitts had tough years, lots of growing pains  

Eichel, Reinhart, Skinner all faded at the end.  None of them really stepped up as the season got long . 

Dahlin In is already the best player on the team and the only untouchable IMO.  Yes, the ONLY untouchable  

If Eichel is traded, this team gets the #1 pick next year. He is certainly untouchable as well.

41 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

If Eichel is traded, this team gets the #1 pick next year. He is certainly untouchable as well.

True, and I’m not trying to start rumors. 

I’ve seen Eichel for 4 years and if I was GM he would not be untouchable.   He is improving and having his best season so far, maybe he cracks 30 goals?   Right now he is not top 20 in goals or assists.   Part of what hurts Eichel is we have no second line contribution, after Eichel, Reinhart, and Skinner our next 3 top scorers are defenseman.  Add to that a poor power play (of which he contributes largely too).   

I find myself self looking at the roster and feeling exactly like last year, almost half of this team needs to go again.  At least Nylander and Olofsson are looking like they might help us next year.  

58 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I agree with the second half of that statement. The first isn't close to being true.

49 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

True, and I’m not trying to start rumors. 

I’ve seen Eichel for 4 years and if I was GM he would not be untouchable.   He is improving and having his best season so far, maybe he cracks 30 goals?   Right now he is not top 20 in goals or assists.   Part of what hurts Eichel is we have no second line contribution, after Eichel, Reinhart, and Skinner our next 3 top scorers are defenseman.  Add to that a poor power play (of which he contributes largely too).   

I find myself self looking at the roster and feeling exactly like last year, almost half of this team needs to go again.  At least Nylander and Olofsson are looking like they might help us next year.  

Sabres fans over-value Eichel because he was advertised as being some type of generational superstar prior to his drafting.

He's not that player.  If you could find a team willing to give you the moon for him, I'd probably do it.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Sabres fans over-value Eichel because he was advertised as being some type of generational superstar prior to his drafting.

He's not that player.  If you could find a team willing to give you the moon for him, I'd probably do it.

What do you mean by “the moon”? That is a relative term and everyone has their own definition.

9 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I wanted to have a betting pool to see which one gave up the first or most easy goals up against the post, Lehner or Ullmark, but it looks like it's Hutton so never mind. 

I'm pretty sure that shouldn't stop you.

16 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

True but I would do them except maybe Tavares

So, it’s really not a “the moon” type payment at all :shrug:

a team paying “the moon” for Eichel would have to really really hurt.

something more than even swap material would be something like Eichel and Hutton for Mark Scheifele,  Hellebuyck, 2020 1st round pick not top 10 protected, and their top D prospect.

that ... is “the moon”. It’s basically something Jets would never do.

1 hour ago, Kruppstahl said:

I disagree.  Very few over value him and most have come to know what he is.  He's an excellent player that's top 25 right now and tonight he's working with Sam and Olofsson - how about that for a challenge.  He'll never be a top 5 guy but he has the ability to be 15-20.  

It's not his fault we need him to be more.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.