GDT Sabres at The Islanders 7pm MSG

Brawndo

9 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Anyone know why they announce 1 minute left in the period?  Seems to serve no purpose.

To let the team that's losing know they need to try harder.

Or to force Phil to chew his gum faster.

Edited by Indabuff

1 minute ago, Nitro60 said:

Goes back to the days when only the time keeper knew the true time.  The time on the scoreboard was not the official time.  Over the years scoreboard time is tied to official time and it is a quaint hold over.  

They have composite sticks but they haven't moved passed the stopwatch on the bench with no scoreboard.  Typical NHL.  I think the fans should respond, "No $HIT" every time.  The NHL would get rid of that announcement really quickly if that caught on.

• Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Radar said:

I'm very tired of Rob Ray, this team, glad it's almost over. Hardly can watch half a game anymore.

Rob Ray and most likely not an improved version of the Sabres will be back to torture you and all of us in October!! 

25 minutes ago, MillerVaive said:

hearing that crowd being so into their team has me feeling jealous & depressed.

Only time we hear anything remotely close to this at home is when Leafs fans pack into our arena.

JBotts & the Pegulas better do something this offseason. We the fans deserve to be as excited about our team as these Isles fans are right now

Lol we’ve been saying this for 8 years now. Where have you been?  It ain’t going to be better next year either. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

Sabres fans over-value Eichel because he was advertised as being some type of generational superstar prior to his drafting.

He's not that player.  If you could find a team willing to give you the moon for him, I'd probably do it.

When McDavid and Eichel were coming out in 2015, McDavid was described as a “10” and Eichel a “9.5”.  In reality McDavid is an “11” and Eichel is a “8.5”.  I like Eichel but he definitely isn’t in the same universe as McDavid, which is how it was spun four years ago by a lot of experts. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ... said:

Not really. 

I stand corrected. I was trying you give you more credit. I thought you knew 18, 19, 20, 21 year old kids are very far away from being a developed product.

Thompson, Mitts, Eichel, Reinhart, Dahlin, Rodriguez, even Pilut are far from being a finished product.

giphy.gif

Edited by Zamboni

3 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

So... Columbus, Nashville, Ottawa, and Detroit.  Will the Sabres win another game this year or will we finish the last 6 weeks of the season without a win in regulation? 

Will the Sabres score another goal this season?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.