GDT Sabres at The Islanders 7pm MSG

Brawndo

Our last game of the season vs Detroit may be interesting, loser of that game could lock up 4th last place.

Don't see Jersey catching us, they play the rangers in one of their remaining  games and I'm hoping ny wins that to gain a little ground on  us.

Wish the islanders played well their games in Barclays which is a mile away from my apartment,  no way am I driving out to long island.

This is the part of my posts where I'd say go Sabres but I don't mean that. 

5 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I'm only interested in watching the "Amerks" for curiosity and a glimmer of hope.

Olofsson needed to be stronger on his passes and dump-ins last game, but otherwise he looked good. He shot the puck instead of dawdled, he had the nice final assist to Eichel, and he generally appeared to be where he needed to be (well-coached).

For Saturday night on the Island...  gonna need something strong for this game. I've always heard about the power of Colt 45....

TONIGHT’S GAME
SABRES at ISLANDERS

• This is the third and final meeting between the Sabres and Islanders this season.
  • Last meeting: Buffalo defeated New York 3-1 in Buffalo on Feb. 12
  • The Sabres are 4-5-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Islanders; 5-4-1 on the road.
  • This is the 171st game all-time between Buffalo and New York; Buffalo has an 82-64-24 series record.
  • The Sabres are 36-36-12 on the road against the Islanders all-time.

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW

• With a win tonight, the Sabres will have won the season series against the Islanders for the first time since the 2015-16 season (2-1-0).
  • Kyle Okposo has tallied a point in each of his last four games against his former club (2+2).
  • Jack Eichel has totaled seven points (2+5) in his five meetings with the Islanders since the beginning of last season, including three points (1+2) in two games in New York.
  • Casey Mittelstadt recorded an assist in his only previous matchup with the Islanders.
  • Linus Ullmark is 3-1-0 in four career games against the Islanders with a .938 save percentage and a 1.75 goals-against average.
  • Buffalo’s penalty kill is 10-for-11 (90.9 percent) in the team’s last six games against the Islanders.

BACK-TO-BACK
Tonight’s game opens Buffalo’s final of 16 sets of back-to-back games this season, which continues tomorrow night vs. Columbus. The Sabres are 7-7-1 in the first game of back-to-back sets and 6-7-2 in the second game so far this season. Buffalo’s point breakdown in their previous back-to-back sets is: four points (3), three points (1), two points (6), one point (2) and zero points (3).

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

No Risto again ...

“Sick” eh?

Nothing to do with the 0/3/3/-26 stat line he’s put up in the past 21 games?

Our only regulation wins during that stretch coincide with the only games he’s been a plus player.

I honestly think we may have broken him.

Edited by dudacek

It would be nice if the Sabres fans in attendance could make Lehner feel more comfortable and remind him of the old days by giving him a solid booing before the game starts.

52 minutes ago, dudacek said:

-26 in 21 games. No matter what you think of the stat, that’s unheard of.

The overall Risto situation has developed to the point where I think I would be shocked if he is not traded this summer, hopefully as part of a multi-piece package that moves some bad players off this team and brings some new life onto it.

22 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

It would be nice if the Sabres fans in attendance could make Lehner feel more comfortable and remind him of the old days by giving him a solid booing before the game starts.

The overall Risto situation has developed to the point where I think I would be shocked if he is not traded this summer, hopefully as part of a multi-piece package that moves some bad players off this team and brings some new life onto it.

I don't think if he's traded we're going to like his value in a trade. Have to think other GM's see what we do.

Edited by Radar
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Looking forward to watching some of Zemgus Girgensons and Johan Larsson’s last games as Sabres.

I like their games when they are playing for something. Hope they catch on as 4th liners on a winning team somewhere next year. 

At first I was confounded. Then depression quickly set in.

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

Looking forward to watching some of Zemgus Girgensons and Johan Larsson’s last games as Sabres.

I like their games when they are playing for something. Hope they catch on as 4th liners on a winning team somewhere next year. 

This will happen. I will cheer for them.

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

“Sick” eh?

Nothing to do with the 0/3/3/-26 stat line he’s put up in the past 21 games?

Our only regulation wins during that stretch coincide with the only games he’s been a plus player.

I honestly think we may have broken him.

That’s got to true of a whole bunch of Sabres, no?

52 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

this will be a disaster 

I’m predicting a 1-0 Isles win in the SO. 

No Sabres scores on their chance.

2 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

You add In a good UFA centre for Larsson and a scoring RW in place of Pominville from the Risto deal (or Kakko with a bit of luck) - This lineup is actually pretty good.  

A actually, it isn't. It's a good 5-6 players away from even competing for an 8 spot. Oh yeah, we need a true #1 goalie on top of that.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.