GDT: Capitals at Sabres 2/23/19 1:00 PM

spndnchz

Just now, Scottysabres said:

It's amazing...……...just amazing I tell'ya, what this team can do when they play decent hockey.

That's what I've been saying!  It's not Housley, it's the roster!  When they decide to play, the system works.

• Like (+1) 3

I think it's worth pointing out again that this team has responded after JBot's public vote of confidence. That speaks volumes about the state of the locker room, the coaches, the team attitude going forward. Very very important as a foundation to build on. Also, Housley came out and critiqued their "character" and "softness" and they responded with 2 gritty games which also means they respect him and listen to him. Also very important for the future.

Awesome game, fun to watch. Don't know what happened to Skinner, I thought twisted knee at the time, but he seemed in so much pain but then he was back so who knows. Good it wasn't serious. 

I guess Hutton is one of those streaky goalies and that's why he's been a career back up but whatever his deal is he has his early season mojo back and looks top notch again.

Solid game all around, penalty kill awesome as usual. Well done!

They have to schedule more afternoon games though . We always seem to play good in them.

• Like (+1) 7

We've seen this team play this well in spurts throughout the season even after the streak - we know what they can be capable of doing. Figures we lose three straight to bottom feeders in the division and then give cup contenders a run for their money; I'd love to see the ever-so-elusive 2 game win streak end against the Leafs of all teams.

All of our star players looked excellent, Wilson meshed very well with 28/22, and 82 over 6 has been a drastic improvement. I really wasn't sure why he was in the doghouse for so long. Glad that Skinner is okay and suddenly came out to skate in the third. Here's to more consistency in effort for the ROS.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.