Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

The only bad call I saw was the missed intentional grounding, which didn't affect anything really. 

Two on one drive. Picked up PI flag, Hands to the face of Josh Allen, no ejection for a head hit, wrong call the n the go ahead drive in the interception.

yep, one call.

Awful: Allen, Lee Smith, Daboll
Bad: Yeldon, Zay Jones, Bojorquez, McDermo
The rest of the team was pretty good today.

Just now, SwampD said:

Two on one drive. Picked up PI flag, Hands to the face of Josh Allen, no ejection for a head hit, wrong call the n the go ahead drive in the interception.

yep, one call.

The PI was on an uncatchable throw, which is why it was picked up. The ejection thing was dumb but didn't actually affect anything yardage-wise. Not sure what the last one is. And they did miss a facemask on Allen, just like they missed one that Shaq Lawson handed out in the 3rd quarter.

4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

yep, one call.

Besides deflategate, spygate, tuck rule, deception, spying on the Rams, the AB finagling, stealing the Jets playbook, and whatever else has gone on that we don’t know about. 

• Like (+1) 1

Can someone explain to me why the guy who helmet to helmeted the QB didn't get an ejection?  I thought that stuff was flagrant now.  Silly we didn't get yardage out of that.

Whole game was flag flag flag.  No fun league.  Brady sucked, and was saved by cheap shots and special teams.  Amazing

Don't get me wrong, Allen sucked and was killed before he had his chance at heroics.  But the reffing was still absurd.

Edited by triumph_communes

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

The Bills have nobody to blame but themselves. The refs didn't turn the ball over 4 times. 

And the beat goes on.

Do you really believe that if Brady received that head shot that the Bill would not have been ejected?

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

And the beat goes on.

Do you really believe that if Brady received that head shot that the Bill would not have been ejected?

Definitely, the old guard of QBs gets treated differently, especially the GOATs like Brees, Manning, Brady. 

But the lack of ejection did not materially affect any of the game situations. Neither did the officiating in general, any more than it usually does because they're imperfect.

• Like (+1) 2

Definitely, the old guard of QBs gets treated differently, especially the GOATs like Brees, Manning, Brady. 

But the lack of ejection did not materially affect any of the game situations. Neither did the officiating in general, any more than it usually does because they're imperfect.

I don’t believe this one bit. It was an uncatchable ball because he was held. The non call meant fourth down instead of first and goal. No int means we keep the ball and punt instead of a short field. The officials had their fingerprints all over this entire game.

And why does Brady get to intentionally ground the ball?

• Like (+1) 1

The non-ejection was absurd. (Removing a starter for a backup could of meant any number of things)

The strange number of off-setting penalties were suspicious

Patriot gets away with blatantly trying to trip a player but because there wasn't enough of a touch it was deemed fine.

The 3rd interception shouldn't of counted 

Allen was awful most of the game but had he not been injured we may of still won due to his clutch play in crunch time. 

17 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Awful: Allen, Lee Smith, Daboll
Bad: Yeldon, Zay Jones, Bojorquez, McDermo
The rest of the team was pretty good today.

The PI was on an uncatchable throw, which is why it was picked up. The ejection thing was dumb but didn't actually affect anything yardage-wise. Not sure what the last one is. And they did miss a facemask on Allen, just like they missed one that Shaq Lawson handed out in the 3rd quarter.

The INT was going back to a rule interpretation from back around the Brady era starting.  Any player that is out of bounds extends out of bounds into the field and any player touching that Ayer is ALSO out of bounds for some reason only explainable to the guys that wrote the rule.  So, because the corner back didn't "complete the catch" prior to Jones knocking it out of his hands while standing out of bounds, the corner was out of bounds by extension & the INT should have been overturned.

The uncalled face mask against Allen is not like the uncalled face mask against the Cheatriot RB.  You can't touch a QB's head -at all.  An RB can have his face mask touched provided it doesn't twist his head.  It's a silly distinction, but as long as the league has the distinction, it should be enforced both ways.

And the PI was on a ball at the receiver's feet.  Have seen that considered catchable MANY times.

And, not sure why 15 yarders &  10 yarders offset but 15 yarders take precedence over 5 yarders.  But either was the DB (by either definition) should've been ejected.  That play guaranteed the Bills wouldn't win.

And would've taken the field goal with Barkley as the QB BECAUSE he was unlikely to have a huge drive.  But he could possibly have run another FG drive.  And that gets you to OT where anything can happen.

And ( not responding to you) the Bills snaps were held up because when the Bills change personnel on O, the D gets to change personnel as well.  Had the Bills kept their 11 out, they wouldn't have delayed the snap.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I don’t believe this one bit. It was an uncatchable ball because he was held. The non call meant fourth down instead of first and goal. No int means we keep the ball and punt instead of a short field. The officials had their fingerprints all over this entire game.

And why does Brady get to intentionally ground the ball?

That throw was way off and in the dirt, holding or not, it never would have come close to being a catch. And I still don't know what non-call you are referring to there. And I think you miiight be right that the throw to Zay in double coverage was technically not a pick, but it was such a weird play that nobody noticed in real time, not even the guy whose job it is to analyze officiating situations for the networks, he had to come back ten minutes later and say "wait a minute." It was an awful throw deserving of the interception, and IF it was indeed a mistake, it was surely not intentional. 

But yeah, Brady is always allowed to ground the ball, and it's definitely frustrating.

That throw was way off and in the dirt, holding or not, it never would have come close to being a catch. And I still don't know what non-call you are referring to there. And I think you miiight be right that the throw to Zay in double coverage was technically not a pick, but it was such a weird play that nobody noticed in real time, not even the guy whose job it is to analyze officiating situations for the networks, he had to come back ten minutes later and say "wait a minute." It was an awful throw deserving of the interception, and IF it was indeed a mistake, it was surely not intentional.

But yeah, Brady is always allowed to ground the ball, and it's definitely frustrating.

Sorry, but as long as Al "love me some Cheatriots & Jints" Riverton is the guy making those calls, will ALWAYS believe those ooopsies on interpretations working in those 2 teams favor IS intentional.

• Like (+1) 1