Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

8 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Maybe before you assert that someone else's post is false, you could do 30 seconds of google:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/robert-kraft-opens-goodell-deflategate-donald-trump-article-1.2958959

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/07/robert-kraft-deflategate-nfl-roger-goodell-tom-brady-statement-war

Of course, it's much easier to just blast away with whatever half-baked notion happens to be residing between brain and fingers.

It was indeed great, but probably not the best -- the Pats were shorthanded and the Bills have had some very good defenses in the past 7-8 years.

The commissioner has to deal with this stuff.

your post was false.

52 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

"Truther" refers to believers in whacked-out conspiracy theories.

The shoe fits.

Wrong.

Any data on this?

For the record, I agree that the same hit on Brady would've gotten the defender ejected.  But that's not the same as what you are saying here.

Data? 

Just watch the games.

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

How so?

Goodell didn’t have a long-standing beef with the Pats (Brady and Kraft). He was merely responding to all the accusations and had to act. The fact that Kraft was angry about Brady actually being found guilty of cheating (3rd time for the team) is irrelevant.

in fact, weren’t there pictures of Goodell partying in Kraft’s box weeks earlier?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Goodell didn’t have a long-standing beef with the Pats (Brady and Kraft). He was merely responding to all the accusations and had to act. The fact that Kraft was angry about Brady actually being found guilty of cheating (3rd time for the team) is irrelevant.

in fact, weren’t there pictures of Goodell partying in Kraft’s box weeks earlier?

Yes there were.

I don't think we're going to have Allen back for Tennessee. That game is going to be tough. 

I mentioned before that the Pats always beat us up, but rarely derail our seasons. 6-3 after Pats games since 2014, and we've not lost more than 1 game in a row after playing them in that span. I don't think this loss hurts the players any more than any other loss, and it wasn't embarrassing. Just need to keep going with the season. 

You never know what you're going to get with the Titans. 

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

the Pats always beat us up

That's at least half of the problem.  They're dirty cheats, who seldom pay for their crimes, and the Bills never seem to realize that.  Play down to their level already!  Break Tom Brady's legs and deal with the suspension/fine later.

Edited by Eleven

Looking at the remaining 12 games on the schedule: 6 are against teams that haven't won a game (Fins, Fins, Jets, Skins, Steelers, Broncos), 4 against 2-2 teams (Ravens, Eagles, Browns, Titans), 1 against the 3-1 Cowboys, and 1 against the 4-0 Pats. The Bills are currently tied for the 4th best record in the entire NFL and sit alone for 3rd best in the AFC behind the Pats and Chiefs. A wild-card playoff spot and double-digit wins for the first time this century are realistic goals. We have an elite defense and a strong running game to support Allen during his second-year growing pains.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Marchand'sNose said:

Looking at the remaining 12 games on the schedule: 6 are against teams that haven't won a game (Fins, Fins, Jets, Skins, Steelers, Broncos), 4 against 2-2 teams (Ravens, Eagles, Browns, Titans), 1 against the 3-1 Cowboys, and 1 against the 4-0 Pats. The Bills are currently tied for the 4th best record in the entire NFL and sit alone for 3rd best in the AFC behind the Pats and Chiefs. A wild-card playoff spot and double-digit wins for the first time this century are realistic goals. We have an elite defense and a strong running game to support Allen during his second-year growing pains.

I think we are looking at two more games against the Pats this year.

Good times.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I think we are looking at two more games against the Pats this year.

Good times.

We shouldn't be looking at two more games against them.  The Bills should have knocked Brady out.  The Pats are dirty.  The Bills needed to be dirtier than the Pats, and the Bills weren't.  It's that simple.

Edited by Eleven

5 hours ago, Eleven said:

We shouldn't be looking at two more games against them.  The Bills should have knocked Brady out.  The Pats are dirty.  The Bills needed to be dirtier than the Pats, and the Bills weren't.  It's that simple.

yup, you take out our QB, we go after yours.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Eleven said:

Tom Brady was a non factor in that game. We lost because of a poor offensive game plan and terrible game management. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, SwampD said:

There's a ton of money in having a villain.  The sheep continue to watch in hope that the villain finally gets theirs.  Unfortunately they don't realize that this day is never coming.

• Like (+1) 2

What a frustrating game. The D made Brady look not just human, but bad. Huge credit to the coordinator, the D, etc.

If not for special teams awfulness and Josh Allen having one of the worst games I can recall a Bills QB having (at least, a Bills QB whose name doesn't rhyme with Shmeeterman), the Bills win that game.

Also: I was incensed that the Pats DB wasn't ejected while watching the game. After seeing the replays today, I feel differently. The Pats player just didn't do the things that warrant an ejection. The defensive player mostly stood his ground, Allen ducked his head and led with his helmet.

Final takeaway: I'm really not sure Josh Allen is the answer. He knows how to be part of a solid brand, sure. And he talks about being smarter with the ball, taking what's there, and not playing hero ball. But then he laces 'em up, and goes out there and chucks the ball around like it just doesn't matter. I'd like to think that he's a smart, coach-able young player. But on what basis would I believe that?

Edited by That Aud Smell

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

What a frustrating game. The D made Brady look not just human, but bad. Huge credit to the coordinator, the D, etc.

If not for special teams awfulness and Josh Allen having one of the worst games I can recall a Bills QB having (at least, a Bills QB whose name doesn't rhyme with Shmeeterman), the Bills win that game.

Also: I was incensed that the Pats DB wasn't ejected while watching the game. After seeing the replays today, I feel differently. The Pats player just didn't do the things that warrant an ejection. The defensive player mostly stood his ground, Allen ducked his head and led with his helmet.

Final takeaway: I'm really not sure Josh Allen is the answer. He knows how to be part of a solid brand, sure. And he talks about being smarter with the ball, taking what's there, and not playing hero ball. But then he laces 'em up, and goes out there and chucks the ball around like it just doesn't matter. I'd like to think that he's a smart, coach-able young player. But on what basis would I believe that?

I feel more strongly about it today than I did yesterday. Jones is looking right at him and targets his head. Period.

8 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Ultimately, I think Josh Allen is what he is: a physically gifted athlete with zero real talent. He's at his best when he gets lucky. But when the luck doesn't roll his way it turns into a real mess and he does stupid stuff like run with his head down instead of sliding, or leaping over defenders.

He's a competitor, but he's not a very good quarterback.

Watching journeyman Chase Daniel throw balls for Chicago last night was a stark contrast to the hijinks Allen gets up to. Protecting the ball matters.

6th round pick Gardner Minshew II is lighting it up for Jacksonville right now because he stays in the pocket and sees the field well.

I need Allen to make the plays he needs to make. He hasn't shown any capability to do that though. He's doing his own thing out there.

17 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Ultimately, I think Josh Allen is what he is: a physically gifted athlete with zero real talent. He's at his best when he gets lucky. But when the luck doesn't roll his way it turns into a real mess and he does stupid stuff like run with his head down instead of sliding, or leaping over defenders.

He's a competitor, but he's not a very good quarterback.

Watching journeyman Chase Daniel throw balls for Chicago last night was a stark contrast to the hijinks Allen gets up to. Protecting the ball matters.

6th round pick Gardner Minshew II is lighting it up for Jacksonville right now because he stays in the pocket and sees the field well.

I need Allen to make the plays he needs to make. He hasn't shown any capability to do that though. He's doing his own thing out there.

IMHO, he's still really raw and is still learning how to process the game.  He had 2 bad quarters to start the season and another 2 bad quarters yesterday.

In the other 2 games he had 3 very good quarters and 1 meh one in each.

He clearly felt the pressure of playing the Cheatriots yesterday.  If he can't learn to treat the big games like just another game, you'll be right and he won't 'get it.' Still not ready to write him off yet though.

And, am still kind of miffed about the grounding call he got against the Bungles, because it seemed the ball went past the line of scrimmage though well out of bounds.  Since that call, he's only thrown the ball away once when in that running 20 yards backwards to avoid the rush, throw it off balanced situation.  If he'd send those out of bounds like he's supposed to, he'd look a lot better.  And he was doing that earlier this year.  Have Danilo drill that back into his head and he could be alright.

It's been a long time since the Bills had a guy who could consistently throw for 200+ every game.  (And had he played the entire 4th, that streak would've continued.)  And should he figure out how to play well for 4 quarters rather than 3, consistent 300+ days should become the norm.

7 minutes ago, ... said:

So, Barkley.  Looks like he can make throws quickly.  Can the Bills win a game with that guy?

A game.  Yes.  More than that ...

• Thanks (+1) 1