GDT - LA Kings @ Buffalo Sabres - 12/11/18 7PM MSG

LGR4GM

Switching to some of the other games. This team is in trouble when we play some of the better teams that are finding their stride now. Caps, 5-0 Det, Bruins were down 3-0 now winning 4-3 over Ariz,  To winning, Sens playing good this team getting worse. that winning streak may have been the worse thing that could have happened becuase this team stopped working hard and still got lucky. 

They didn't realize hard work makes the puck bounce your way..  This team is well on the way to that dubious record of losing 10 after winning...

No Friggin urgency. The losing streak has zapped them of any confidence that they may have gained in the winning streak. I don't see this ending any time soon by the looks of things. They are terrible 5 on 5. The ice seems slanted to our end. The Power play is an embarrassment. Absolutely no secondary scoring. I don't see anybody willing to lead. Do we have leaders ?

Do we have a team prone to large swings in play as a result of where their heads are at? Ride waves of confidence to wins, ride the tide of doubt to multiple losses? And so forth? Hard to even quantify someone like that. 

Perhaps moves made by Botterill in the summer were to try and level some of that out. Who knows. 

Just now, Radar said:

Okay we're down a couple defensemen and go from ten straight wins to six straight losses? Or did those ten straight wins represent one of the biggest flukes in team history.

I say no it wasn't.  So many times during the streak they played like it was playoff hockey.  Why they have gone back to coasting is beyond me.

If the team comes out slow in the 3rd I may have to take a game or two off in watching................they sure have taken a bunch off.

Pushing hard and going down in flames I can take............this stuff lately I can't!

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm glad they're taking this ref to task for his stupid command that lead to that goal. He totally screwed with Pilut. 

However... it isn't like it led directly to the goal.  The puck made a couple trip around the zone before the shot.  Blaming it on that is weaksauce.

I'm more upset that Dahlin made the play that allowed the second goal.  Horrible.

Edited by Doohickie

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm glad they're taking this ref to task for his stupid command that lead to that goal. He totally screwed with Pilut. 

I'm still not sure he said Buff and not bud, but it doesn't matter. He didn't need to say anything. OTOH Marty said it's the ref's discretion to blow the whistle if no one plays it — isn't it also his discretion to call a penalty on someone for delay of game?

1 minute ago, Chris223 said:

Just back to reality... we still have a ways to go and Botts knows that too.  He didn’t let the streak cloud that, guaranteed

Hope he didn't. We're not as good as the winning streak but are we as bad  as they look now?

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

How'd you like to be the guy who can win five grand if the Sabres score in the first minute and they just methodically regress toward their own goal?

I pretended to be that person for the minute and got even angrier about this game.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.