GDT Vancouver Canucks at Buffalo Sabres 1:00pm ET 11/10/18

Doohickie

24 minutes ago, dudacek said:

For all we did poorly today, look at what we did well:

Came out and dominated the 3rd (again) down two goals - 19-10 shots.

Scored not one, but two goals with the goalie pulled.

Killed not one, but two penalties in OT.

Won in a shootout! And on an absolutely filthy goal!

Bad teams don’t do things like that. The past five years have taught us what bad teams do.

Don’t know if we’re good yet, but a corner has been turned.

A corner has definitely been turned. We finally look like we belong in the NHL and are not just some glorified AHL team. I expect the Sabres to be competing for those final two wildcard spots up to the very last week of the season. Are we "good" yet? Well no, definitely not in the Tamapa Bay/Toronto class. But this club's potential is off the charts. 13 of the 20 active players for today are 26 years of age or younger. For example, we clearly are not seeing the best that Mitts or Dahlin or Thompson or Ullmark...or for that matter Eichel and Reinhart....have to offer. It's fun to think about where these guys can take the franchise as they accumulate NHL experience and gain maturity with age. And then of course you have our current prospects and the 3 first rounders next year. One last note: I'm giving loads to credit to our GM for his off-season moves. Early signs are that he adequately got rid of the locker room cancers from last year. I was originally disappointed to see Bogosian, Beaulieu, Pominville, Larsson, and Girgensons still on the roster. But all of them have been productive and functional in at least some capacity for the team this year.

Just now, Tondas said:

Funny thing about statistics.  We all know this was a poor game for Dahlin from an eyeball perspective.  However, he had 2 assists and was +3.  Stat wise, he was great!

It's great for Dahlin that he can have possibly his worst NHL game and have it not really matter. The same thing wasn't true of Jack in 2015. 

I'm almost stunned at how well the plan for Dahlin has been executed. 

10 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The Cali road trip was a test, and our boys passed. 

I know Pittsburgh is down, but they don't stay down for long. Test two is coming up: Tammpa, @Winnipeg, @Minnesota, @Pittsburgh. Get healthy and get ready boys! 

This is NOT an easy streak of games.  I fear that a lot of fans will get angry at a team that is supposed to be mediocre this year.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Part of me is happy Skinner couldn't lift that puck for a goal because it allows me to justifiably hate on him.

Jeff and I await your apology.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

This is NOT an easy streak of games.  I fear that a lot of fans will get angry at a team that is supposed to be mediocre this year.

I'd like 4 points there, but they've set themselves up to be okay if it doesn't go as hoped. I just want them to play well the Wednesday after those, against Philly, as my SO and I will be in attendance!

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I know Pittsburgh is down, but they don't stay down for long. Test two is coming up: Tammpa, @Winnipeg, @Minnesota, @Pittsburgh. Get healthy and get ready boys! 

This set of opponents will show us truly where the Sabres are at. They are beating the teams we should be and that is a nice change for once! But this will be the test. I would be satisfied with a strong showing and competitive effort even if it doesn't materialize in that many points. A split would be fantastic. No slow starts please as you know who you're playing and no playing as if you're disinterested. If those things are eliminated than they may just surprise! Best of luck boys, I wish you all the best!

So, for the third, I had to leave and play Dad Taxi.  I listened on the radio right up to about 3:30 left and they were still down 1-3.  I thought it was over.  So, imagine my - pleasant - surprise to catch the end of the post-game and hear they won!  And, when I got home, replay was pretty much right at the point where I left it on the radio.  So I just finished watching the end and, even though I knew they came back, I was totally into everything.

What an awesome come-back.  This is not your same old Sabres. 

Mitts had the SWEETEST move.  Just great.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

All of those teams are beatable by these Sabres.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.