GDT Vancouver Canucks at Buffalo Sabres 1:00pm ET 11/10/18

Doohickie

32 minutes ago, Cityo'Rasmii said:

thanks for sharing. . .would love to see that if you have a link

18 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

15 minutes ago, Cityo'Rasmii said:

How sweet is that!!!!!!!!!!  Thanks

There's a certain quiet arrogance to Mitts.  I kind of like it.

• Like (+1) 1

To sum up this game:

• Another goal from the D (from Beaulieu no less).
  • Both Eichel and Reinhart miss extensive time during the game (Reino with stitches from a puck to the mouth; still not sure what Eichel was dealing with).
  • After scoring that first goal and hanging on for nearly two periods, they implode at the end of the second, the second goal totally on Hutton (every NHL goalie should always make that save).
  • Hopes of coming back are dashed when a seeing-eye puck is double-deflected passed Hutton early in the third.
  • The Sabres score TWO goals late in the third with the goalie pulled.
  • The Sabres' penalty kill nullifies not one but TWO penalties in OT to get to the shootout.
  • Jack and Mitts bury their SO attempts while Hutton blocks two of three to redeem his earlier gaff.
  • EPIC VICTORY.

This is something we simply haven't seen in this team since the Drury/Briere era.

6 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

But 28-22-10 has to be back together again after this. It's our best fourth line in a decade. it's the first time we've had a fourth line not get totally caved in in a decade. We can't afford to play around with them. 

this line reminds me to much of legwand and larrson being there.   Berglund might be expensive but he is a nice add for that alone.

6 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

I cant stand watching this anymore, have a good night guys. 

I made same mistake and went out and had drinks with my buddies.  ?

6 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

So who shoots? Skinner, Dahlin, Samson are my picks. 

Would have been mine to when I was l looking at the score on my phone from my bar ?

5 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

I didnt, i just had to change something.. team needed to prove me, us...  wrong. I was watching, lurking, in the dark..praying for differ...

Insane 

Guess you didn't make the same mistake as me ??

3 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Is Samson our new Captain Clutch?  He set up the 2nd goal and scored the 3rd.

Slow start but, wow, fantastic. I'm looking forward to seeing the Sabres play Tampa Bay 12-3-1.

I like the fact that Jack and Sam are on separate lines, and that the Sabres found quality talent that can play at their level.

If Sam keeps this up he will be right back at last seasons performance levels, and then watch out, as RJ would say, "Scary Good".

Let's Go Buffalo!

Phil deserves some credit for his coaching to this point in the year and his decisions. The lines have really meshed lately.

Jeff Jack and Jason went up a hill to fetch a bail of goals and it worked.

Berglund Larsson Girgensons has shut teams down and brought a physical edge.

Okposo has found life.

Reinhart is actually producing at a career-high pace even though it feels like he’s off to a slow start.

Dahlin has excelled and I have no problem saddling him with Beaulieu to get 82 going. It has worked.

Believing in Bogo has paid off big time.

The shootout picks today were spot on, too. All three beat the goalie, Sam’s just didn’t go in.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

Phil deserves some credit for his coaching to this point in the year and his decisions. The lines have really meshed lately.

Jeff Jack and Jason went up a hill to fetch a bail of goals and it worked.

Berglund Larsson Girgensons has shut teams down and brought a physical edge.

Okposo has found life.

Reinhart is actually producing at a career-high pace even though it feels like he’s off to a slow start.

Dahlin has excelled and I have no problem saddling him with Beaulieu to get 82 going. It has worked.

Believing in Bogo has paid off big time.

The shootout picks today were spot on, too. All three beat the goalie, Sam’s just didn’t go in.

I think the issue with Samson and Jack for many people is that  they are not scoring many goals,  But if they did we would probably see them at a 80 (samson) - 120 point pace.

That being said I do expect them to be hitting the back of the net a lot more.

30 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

It's an overused word now but a certain amount of swagger on a team is a good thing.  That move was silky...in his first NHL shootout...at age 19.  He could have gone out and beaten Markstrom 5 more times, and they both knew it.

Sure beats Ryan O'Reilly's "woe is me" shtick.

9 minutes ago, FuhrUrsinne said:

Sure beats Ryan O'Reilly's "woe is me" shtick.

Wow, blast from the past. I forgot about the days of self-flagellation.

I'm watching the game again and Larsson showed some real speed and determination in the 1st period and was a force in the 2nd.

I haven't seen the possession numbers for Larsson's' line but they sure make the opposition work to defend.

Edited by hockeyhound

44 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Would have been mine to when I was l looking at the score on my phone from my bar ?

Guess you didn't make the same mistake as me ??

MODO said he had enough and was calling it a night and I thought he had checked out, and not long after that wow, the comeback started.

You can't count these guys out of it this year, they're really taking losing personal and putting up a fight to the end.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Edited by hockeyhound

Just want to point out that on the game tying goal (EDIT: it wasn't the tying goal, it was the 3-2 goal), can't remember who it was, but someone threw a pretty nonchalant (read; bad) pass to the far wall where there was no Sabre, and only because of Eichel's hustle, did we keep possession and then ultimately score. It was a phenomenal play by him that really went under the radar.

Edited by SwampD

8 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I've made this mistake a couple times already this year.  It's nice.  Though in my defense I didn't flip it off today.  I fell asleep in my recliner and woke up to Marty Biron in the postgame show.  I happily rewound to the 3rd period.

That was the craziest come back in a long time. I had a jump out of your seat moment when they scored the game tieing goal. It has been fun to watch this team grow.

Eichel had a monster shift at the end, at one point it looked like Eichel was single-handedly taking on the whole team, and they still couldn't get the puck from him. Hey, Swamp was that the one you were talking about?

Edited by hockeyhound

14 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Just want to point out that on the game tying goal (EDIT: it wasn't the tying goal, it was the 3-2 goal), can't remember who it was, but someone threw a pretty nonchalant (read; bad) pass to the far wall where there was no Sabre, and only because of Eichel's hustle, did we keep possession and then ultimately score. It was a phenomenal play by him that really went under the radar.

I caught that.  I don't think I ever saw his turbo jets engage quicker.

I paid special attention to the crowd, knowing they already won by the time I got a chance to see the last 5 minutes of the third.  The crowd was as good as you can ask for across the NHL.  That has to mean something to the team, many who were booed if the crowd wasn't library-quiet.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ... said:

I caught that.  I don't think I ever saw his turbo jets engage quicker.

I paid special attention to the crowd, knowing they already won by the time I got a chance to see the last 5 minutes of the third.  The crowd was as good as you can ask for across the NHL.  That has to mean something to the team, many who were booed if the crowd wasn't library-quiet.

The crowd was still in it even when it was 3-1 and 6:40 to go. That saying something because last year at this point in the game Sabres fans would've checked out already. We have great fans! People are believing again.

Great job by Housley to pull the goalie at the 3min mark.

Edited by hockeyhound

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.