Eichel switching to #9 (OFFICIAL)

Hoss

Eichel changes to 9  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which number do you prefer for Eichel?

1 minute ago, sweetlou said:

gerry Meehan- 94 goals, 114 assist, 208 pts

Yup. Thanks for looking it up and spoiling it. ?

The first person to ever wear it for the team. So the first person to wear it has the most and the (current) last person to wear it has the second most.

Edited by Hoss

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

Twitter is lousy with dweebs crying over now having the "wrong" number.

So silly. Just wear the #15 jersey. 

If spending the money on jerseys that could immediately go out of date is such a crisis then just do what I do: don't buy jerseys until the player is retired from hockey. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Fans are too impatient. I would wait until next year when they might go back to the old version.

Eh, doesn't bother me.  Just makes it all that much easier to tell that my kids' Eichel's were from the "ground floor."  They were from the 1st season, but could either be 1st season or Oct-Dec of 2nd season by manufacturer & patches/lack thereof.

Winter Classic bought w/ Sabres bucks after serious markdown will wear well too.

Used to be able to tell you which year a Hasek was from as well just by looking at it too.

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

It is ridiculous with dahlin and now Eichel being new jerseys we don't have royal blue. Who cares about the 50th anniversary to do it

Um, is the answer the Pegulas, the NHL, & Adidas. :unsure:

Edited by Taro T

At first I was bummed.. I wanted Eichel to own 15 and raise it to the rafters some day.

But if he's good enough to raise a number to the rafters, I really don't give a #### which number it is!

9 is cool. And like others said, any #15 jerseys will be retro. If he leads us to the promise land, you can prove you were around well before the glory. No bandwagon Jack fans here ?

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Twitter is lousy with dweebs crying over now having the "wrong" number.

Can't wait for everyone to be apoplectic again in 12 months when the uniforms change again. 

There's literally a guy whining to Jeremy White that his Winter Classic jersey "from 6 months ago" is outdated now. It's a one-time shot jersey from an outdoor game. It's not supposed to be current. 

I currently own 2 nameless Sabres jerseys. One is the stupid Navy "home" jersey with the stupid silver piping and pit stains. I also have an old school "home" jersey that I picked up from the Sabres store not too long ago that looks the home jerseys they wore from 87-96 (using this site as a reference: http://www.nhluniforms.com/Sabres/Sabres.html )

I reckon once they switch back to the Royal Blue's I might buy a Dahlin or Eichel depending on how their careers are projecting.

14 minutes ago, Robviously said:

There's literally a guy whining to Jeremy White that his Winter Classic jersey "from 6 months ago" is outdated now. It's a one-time shot jersey from an outdoor game. It's not supposed to be current. 

Speaking on the WC jersey's.  I think that they rock.  Was there ever any discussion about making them permanent?  With royal blue the home jerseys of course.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.