Sabres Prospect 3v3 Tourney, Season Ticket Holders Only

LGR4GM

The Sabres in yet another tone deaf moment have made the 3v3 prospect tourney open only to season ticket holders. Pretty to do for a team that's been abysmal for fans for at least 4 years.

I get charging 5 bucks or 10 because you need security and stuff. I got that and making a couple bucks but to just frick all the non season holders seems misguided. Especially for those who split seasons or buy mini packs or are busy and only go to a few games a year. Epic fail Kim Pegula.

Should be adults 10 bucks, kids get in free. Make it an event with sabertooth and fun give aways. Have a plaza party before it with free music. Get a couple real Sabres to show up and do an autograph or sit with a group in a luxury box for 1 period. Step up your game.

Edited by LGR4GM

Hamfisted. Trying to bribe (or maybe even extort) fans with something we used to get for free? I get that there was so much apathy from the STH this year that it threatened renewal rates, but that went away when the lottery balls came up Buffalo. Why are they trying to repackage a fun, open thing as an exclusive STH perk? Do they really think fans are dumb enough to fall for that?

Edited by sodbuster

The Sabres organization was so proud when it hosted 17000+ in 2015. Doesn't make sense not to do the same for Dahlin.

Unless...

Dahlin trade confirmed, riot-avoidance measure in place.

I'm not so sure they'd sell out KBC this time. We're a lot less excited in general for Dahlin than we were for Eichel.

I'm not so sure they'd sell out KBC this time. We're a lot less excited in general for Dahlin than we were for Eichel.

I think we're equally as excited, but the timing is different. Eichel wasn't just Eichel, but the signal of the end of the tank and on track to start winning again. Dahlin is after two more miserable seasons and another rebuild of sorts.

The KBC part or the excitement part?

I doubt they sell KBC out completely (they didn't for Eichel IIRC) but I think the excitement and demand to see him is there.....just different this time if that makes any sense.

I think we're equally as excited, but the timing is different. Eichel wasn't just Eichel, but the signal of the end of the tank and on track to start winning again. Dahlin is after two more miserable seasons and another rebuild of sorts.

This explains it better I guess.

I am/was about equal on both. But with Jack, we talked it up for months because we were intentionally tanking to get McEichel and we pretty much knew from October.

It's not as much fun to talk about when the team untintentionally sucks balls, but I'm still excited for the draft, camp, and start of next season.

I'm not getting into who's pre-draft season is better than whom.  But I think the demand and hype for Dahlin is equal to Jack. 

I guess we will find out soon enough.  When speaking with the Sabres rep he sort of chuckled and said he didn't think the event would sell out based on the distribution to STH.  I'll be surprised if it's not.

I don't even think their pre-draft seasons play into what demand will go into this development camp.  Your just trying to bring the same argument over to multiple boards :P

Edited by Derrico

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.