Sabres Development Camp

Brawndo

Do we really know that Mittelstadt will be better than Reino?  He shows a lot of promise but his track record at the NHL level is a very small sample.

Am I the only one who thinks that Sam Reinhart may be a better than Casey?

Beat ya to it.  ;)

Yeah, I like Casey, but Reinhart is right now a substantially better hockey player and I'd be surprised if Casey passed him any time in the next 2 years. 

Well the more accurate thing would be will Casey have a better first two years than Reinhart did? And I say yes

Do we really know that Mittelstadt will be better than Reino?  He shows a lot of promise but his track record at the NHL level is a very small sample.

Ofcourse we don't know but I would speculate a big YES.

Well the more accurate thing would be will Casey have a better first two years than Reinhart did? And I say yes

This.  I also say yes if he gets similar treatment (ie majority of time spent as a top 6 winger rather than 3rd line centre). 

I'll call year 1 a complete wash for the two of them. Casey's production in college was actually underwhelming compared to what you'd think based on how we talk about him, and despite not getting the award he deserved, Sam had a better post-draft WJC. 

Year two, we'll see. I could see Casey beating 23 goals and 49 points, and I could see him falling a decent bit below those marks. 

Sounds like Pilut is as much of a standout as anyone, which is great to hear.

I'll call year 1 a complete wash for the two of them. Casey's production in college was actually underwhelming compared to what you'd think based on how we talk about him, and despite not getting the award he deserved, Sam had a better post-draft WJC. 

Year two, we'll see. I could see Casey beating 23 goals and 49 points, and I could see him falling a decent bit below those marks. 

Sounds like Pilut is as much of a standout as anyone, which is great to hear.

Easy feller.  It was 23 goals and 42 points.

I think a lot is still going to come down to opportunity.  Is Casey playing with Jack on one of the top lines like Sam did for a good chunk of that season?  Is Casey playing on the top Power Play unit like Sam did much of that season?

Christopher ParkerVerified account @Bulldogwgr 15m15 minutes ago

More

Just back from Sabres Development Camp. Observations, Dahlin is crazy smooth. Olufsson can really shoot it. GGS made a wincing sound every time he shot. And Samuelsson is s-l-o-w footed.

Like I said, he's gotten work on his agility. Still thinking of Berggren.

And you will remind us of it every misstep Samuelsson makes.

Peters and Rivet and one of their guests were remarking how well Samuellson moved for a big man - basically saying he was like Hatcher or Rathje if those guys could skate.

I always interpret "moves well for a big man" to really mean "his skating kinda sucks, but we expect it to suck for big players, so it's fine."

Christopher ParkerVerified account @Bulldogwgr 15m15 minutes ago

More

Just back from Sabres Development Camp. Observations, Dahlin is crazy smooth. Olufsson can really shoot it. GGS made a wincing sound every time he shot. And Samuelsson is s-l-o-w footed.

Like I said, he's gotten work on his agility. Still thinking of Berggren.

Lumbering. He's a lumbering skater. It's painful to watch.

If this kid doesn't make it as a player, this organization needs to help go to college at UB and then join the organization.  His enthusiasm is contagious.  Now that Fasching is gone, I have another kid to root for besides Malone.  (I still hope that Fasching makes it.)

If this kid doesn't make it as a player, this organization needs to help go to college at UB and then join the organization.  His enthusiasm is contagious.  Now that Fasching is gone, I have another kid to root for besides Malone.  (I still hope that Fasching makes it.)

I know a lot of enthusiastic people who aren't NHL hockey players.    Sure he seems like a nice fun kid, probably a riot in the locker room, but he needs to be able to make some hay on the ice.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.