Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

I'm not overpaying someone to take ROR. They can overpay to get him. 

Completely agree. His contract only has 5 years remaining and after July 1st more than half of the money will be paid out. His contract ends at age 32 as well so it's not like we'd be stuck paying for any declining years. His contract should be viewed as a positive value, not a negative one. Any team that wants to discount his value because of his contract isn't serious about acquiring him.

We'd need to overpay in the ROR deal to get CAR to take on his entire contract... which would free up money for Carlson. 

That said, I'm not advocating for a ROR trade... I think he's part of the solution moving forward... but.. if a deal needs to made then he would likely be part of a larger deal so they can move his entire contract off the books.

Actually it would be the opposite. Per McKenzie Carolina would want to wait for ROR’s July 1st Signing Bonus of 7.5 Million to be paid first then the deal would be completed. This drives up Carolina’s Price to pay for ROR.

Have we added the Canucks to the list of possible O’Reilly destinations?http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/why-would-the-canucks-consider-ryan-oreilly

They seem dead set against moving out prospects, besides the Seventh Overall Pick what else could they offer?

Completely agree. His contract only has 5 years remaining and after July 1st more than half of the money will be paid out. His contract ends at age 32 as well so it's not like we'd be stuck paying for any declining years. His contract should be viewed as a positive value, not a negative one. Any team that wants to discount his value because of his contract isn't serious about acquiring him.

Right. O'Reilly's contract is really good. We're only moving him if he's a locker room problem or someone wildly overpays. 

I don't want to go back to the bad old days with our center corps. 

This belongs here, too.

Greg Brady Tweeted:

That’s that for Tavares w/ the Isles. Have heard from far too many connected people that the only way JT was staying was a reaffirmed commitment to Weight as head coach. Isles will attempt to trade his rights before July 1.

This belongs here, too.

Greg Brady Tweeted:

That’s that for Tavares w/ the Isles. Have heard from far too many connected people that the only way JT was staying was a reaffirmed commitment to Weight as head coach. Isles will attempt to trade his rights before July 1.

I hope this is true. Not convinced though.

This belongs here, too.

Greg Brady Tweeted:

Seems like such an odd guy to tie your wagon too, Weight that is

Have we added the Canucks to the list of possible O’Reilly destinations?

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/why-would-the-canucks-consider-ryan-oreilly

No thanks on Tanev. Having him and Bogosian would practically guarantee we lead the league in missed games.

I'd prefer to keep O'Reilly until Mittelstadt has at least a full season at center in the NHL under his belt and one of either him or Eichel would need to prove to be able to pick up the defensive slack that O'Reilly is now providing.

Any deal with Vancouver would need to include one of Horvat, Boesner, or Pettersson plus some stuff. I think Vancouver would balk at that, so the trade wouldn't happen.

No thanks on Tanev. Having him and Bogosian would practically guarantee we lead the league in missed games.

I'd prefer to keep O'Reilly until Mittelstadt has at least a full season at center in the NHL under his belt and one of either him or Eichel would need to prove to be able to pick up the defensive slack that O'Reilly is now providing.

Any deal with Vancouver would need to include one of Horvat, Boesner, or Pettersson plus some stuff. I think Vancouver would balk at that, so the trade wouldn't happen.

I think I would take any three of them straight up.

The idea of Horvat for O’Reilly works for me as a culture changer.

O’Reilly is better, but Horvat is younger and cheaper and fills the same role.

Not sure what lesser pieces would be needed from either side to close the deal.

The idea of Horvat for O’Reilly works for me as a culture changer.

O’Reilly is better, but Horvat is younger and cheaper and fills the same role.

Not sure what lesser pieces would be needed from either side to close the deal.

I'd want another significant piece. Horvat's offense is nice (nearly as good as ROR's, right?) and his defensive ability is pretty overrated at this point.

Very few Canuck fans would take Horvat for O’Reilly straight across, but I think they are viewing it through top-prospect-fan-investment lenses. The age difference is a factor.

Think the flavour would have to be something like a Hodgson/Kassian thing. Virtanen/Nylander? Guhle/Juolevi?

I doubt Horvat will be traded. Boeser will not be.

He’s as untouchable as Thomas Vanek was after his rookie year and should have a similar career.

Edited by dudacek

This belongs here, too.

Greg Brady Tweeted:

That’s that for Tavares w/ the Isles. Have heard from far too many connected people that the only way JT was staying was a reaffirmed commitment to Weight as head coach. Isles will attempt to trade his rights before July 1.[/size]

:thumbsup:

This belongs here, too.

Greg Brady Tweeted:

That’s that for Tavares w/ the Isles. Have heard from far too many connected people that the only way JT was staying was a reaffirmed commitment to Weight as head coach. Isles will attempt to trade his rights before July 1.[/size]

Assuming this is true:

O’Reilly, Beaulieu and a conditional pick

For picks 12 and 13 in the coming draft and the rights to Tavares.

We send the Sharks 1st to the Islanders if Tavares signs.

Assuming this is true:

O’Reilly, Beaulieu and a conditional pick

For picks 12 and 13 in the coming draft and the rights to Tavares.

We send the Sharks 1st to the Islanders if Tavares signs.

So you're okay trading O'Reilly for 12 and 13 this year? Because that's easily what this trade could be.

Yeah I don't want picks.

Depends on the picks, how deep the draft is at positions of need depth wise.

For Buffalo, as frustrating as it may be, they could use all the picks they can get.

So you're okay trading O'Reilly for 12 and 13 this year? Because that's easily what this trade could be.

Conversation starter because I think the Isles would be very interested in protecting Barzal.

I’d only do it if I had good intel Tavares was definitely high on Buffalo.

I don’t want to trade O’Reilly at all. I’m sick of losing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.