Holy Mackerel! Sabres Win Dahlin Lottery!

Randall Flagg

No matter what happens and how upset it makes you, there are no possible outcomes that are legitimate evidence that the Draft Lottery is rigged. 

The only thing that can happen to constitute proof would be an impossibility - Toronto winning, as an example. Or the Denver Broncos. 

Keep that in mind as we all moan about something that is pretty likely to be an upsetting turn of events for the Buffalo Sports fan. 

And prepare your sacrifice to the hockey gods ASAP!

Let's go Buffalo! Let's go lotto balls! Bring us Dahlin!

<_<

It's rigged. :p

What if he’s really awesome? Like a no-BS top-5 NHL player?

And maybe JBott finds a good goalie, and Eichel stays healthy, and Mittelstadt flourishes, and Risto improves with less pressure on him, and McCabe and Bogo rebound, and Guhle develops, and Reino and ROR show up when it matters?

It could happen.

We still have a lot of work to do to put a contender, even just for the playoffs, on the ice.

But when you're talking two pieces under 24 to build a franchise with, is there a single team you'd switch Eichel/Dahlin with?

Their competition:

McDavid/Draisaitl, or McDavid/Klefbom

Matthews/Marner, or Matthews/Nylander

MacKinnon/Rantanen, or MacKinnon/Makar

Laine/Trouba 

Barkov/Ekblad

Jones/Werenski

Kucherov/Sergachev

Pettersson/Boeser or Horvat/Boeser

Gaudreau/Hamilton or Gaudreau/Monahan or Monahan/Hamilton

Montreal's 3rd overall pick/Drouin or Montreal's 3rd/Galchenyuk :lol:

White/Chabot for Ottawa

Barzal/Beaullivier?

Keller/Strome or Keller/Chychrun

Parayko/Fabbri 

Aho/Slavin, Svechnikov/Slavin

Patrick/Provorov

McAvoy/DeBrusk

on and on

There's not a single under 24 duo that I would trade Eichel/Dahlin for. That's a helluva foundation, Jason. Do something with it.

Remember how often it would infuriate us that our defensemen couldn't make basic plays at the point? It was a win if the puck didn't bounce over their stick, or if they were able to fling it down the boards for a 50/50 battle, or if they didn't have an ill-advised cross ice pass get picked off (looking at you 82). 

Dahlin, with the puck on the blue line, does things I've never seen another hockey player do. His ability to use his hips and c-cuts to fake guys and create shooting and passing lanes is unbelievable. 

He and Jack will often have each other on the right side of a one-timer setup, too. 

Delicious

Congrats guys... I was pulling for you.
Dahlin is another piece for the core of your team!
What a great year to pick first overall.

Nice to see the Oilers drop a spot and the Canes move up too.

Edited by Ducky

The NHL has made these lottery odds even worse than the NBA. At least with the NBA the worst team has a 25% chance. I think, no matter what, the worst team should have a 50% chance. They work their butts off to have the worst record and they should be rewarded.

I thought that too, but thre's a problem with that in the lottery.  When you think about i, at 50% the last place team will win it often enough that when it doesn't win, it will feel totally ripped off (rigged?).  That's true especially if a much lower placed team wins it, with much lower odds as 50% has to be spread over the 14 other teams.  At least the old system only allowed a team to move up a max of 4 places, so the last place team that failed to win still had good odds of keeping the pick.

Poor Arizona keeps on finishing near the bottom and hasn't won yet either. But then again, Arizona wouldn't exist without almost constant NHL intervention.

I thought that too, but thre's a problem with that in the lottery.  When you think about i, at 50% the last place team will win it often enough that when it doesn't win, it will feel totally ripped off (rigged?).  That's true especially if a much lower placed team wins it, with much lower odds as 50% has to be spread over the 14 other teams.  At least the old system only allowed a team to move up a max of 4 places, so the last place team that failed to win still had good odds of keeping the pick.

Poor Arizona keeps on finishing near the bottom and hasn't won yet either. But then again, Arizona wouldn't exist without almost constant NHL intervention.

Let's not forget the Mexican-American war.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.