GDT:Detroit at Buffalo, 3/29/18 7PM MSG, WGR 550

Brawndo

My kid has hockey practice tonight at 6:30... he wants to skip it to see Mittlestadt take the ice.  I don't blame him.  Good news for me is that I can stream the game so I won't miss it!

I almost (ALMOST) bought tickets for tonight's game.  Mittlestadt has already proven value as the cheapest ticket is no longer $6, but $28.

Should be good.. if nothing else it will give the sharks something to tear apart on the forums for the remainder of the season and into the off-season.  

I wonder how many more pull-up references we'll have to go through...

Caught a snippet of Casey’s speech after practice yesterday to rally the team down the stretch and into next season.

“We shall go on to the end.

“We shall fight on the ice, we shall fight against the Leafs and the Bruins, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing speed through the neutral zone, we shall defend the Key Bank Centre, whatever the cost may be.

“We shall fight by the benches, we shall fight on the face off dot, we shall fight in the corners and in the crease, we shall fight in OT;

“We shall never surrender.”

:worthy:

Woe to you, oh Earth and sea

For the Devil sends the Beast with wrath

Because he knows the time is short

Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Beast

For it is a human number, its number is thirty seven

Fantastic. This got me laughing.

#Sabres  game day lines:

Girgensons-Eichel-Pominville

Wilson-O’Reilly-Okposo

Rodrigues-Mittelstadt-Reinhart

Nolan-Larsson-Baptiste

Criscuolo & Pouliot extras

Guhle-Ristolainen

Scandella-Nelson

Beaulieu-Falk

Gorges-Antipin

Lehner & Johnson the goalies

Lehner in net

Intersting Crisco is back practicing... always forget about him and his speed. It’d be nice if he pans out.

Is he a prospect? :unsure:

I view him as I've viewed Seth Griffith, Matt Ellis, Cal O'Reilly. Basically AHL guys forced into our lineup due to lack of talent.

#Sabres  game day lines:

Girgensons-Eichel-Pominville

Wilson-O’Reilly-Okposo

Rodrigues-Mittelstadt-Reinhart

Nolan-Larsson-Baptiste

Criscuolo & Pouliot extras

Guhle-Ristolainen

Scandella-Nelson

Beaulieu-Falk

Gorges-Antipin

Lehner & Johnson the goalies

Lehner in net

If we ice this line up next year minus Girgensons, Pommerstien, and Bowl U there is hope.

Swap 28 for 22 and add KO and Nolan and I'm with ya

I'm settling for 3 solid lines and a fourth of JAGs.

2 solid defense pairings and a third of Antipin and anyone of Gorges, Faulk, or the The Bunker Buster.

No flashy trades or giving up high end draft picks to do it.

Do a lot of posters care about this? Genuinely curious.

Well, yeah.  I live in DFW, I have the Rangers to root for.  One of the few DFW sports teams I can root for without guilt regarding a Buffalo counterpart.

I really like Casey's line.  I can see them doing good things.

I definitely care. Opening Day is one of my favorite sports days all year. It also is the unofficial start of spring/summer IMO.

This is the most highly anticipated player, other than Jack, in a long time. I know there was anticipation with Reinhart and cough Grigorenko. But this feels bigger than those two, I donno.

I'm with you Derrico. Other than Jack, Casey is the one player coming that will get me to watch the last handful of games just to see how he does. He was electric at the WJCs

Is he a prospect? :unsure:

I view him as I've viewed Seth Griffith, Matt Ellis, Cal O'Reilly. Basically AHL guys forced into our lineup due to lack of talent.

Nope. He's an important player for the Amerks' playoff run, especially if CJ Smith is out again.

I definitely care. Opening Day is one of my favorite sports days all year. It also is the unofficial start of spring/summer IMO.

Spring is here! Let's go, Twinkies! Get that Wild Card and then get lambasted in the 1-game playoff, and if by chance you win that, then get lambasted by one of the big AL three.

Up the Irons!  

Well done to you both. 

Did you see this item announced earlier this week?  

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/03/27/iron-maiden-pinball-machine-revealed-first-images-and-details-from-stern

Sweet.

Opening day or baseball in general?  Started drifting back that way end of last season after a couple decades away.  Not sure what that means, getting old I guess.

So we finally have our Three Horsemen.

First there was Samson taking on these Philistine teams, but then he cut his hair.

Second we got the Jack, until he jacks up his ankle.

Now the Third, the mighty Casey is with us, may he NOT strike out.

Must see TV for me. 

I am curious what those 3 would look like as a top line playing together...

Please Phil can you give us a little look at that somewhere in these last 6 games.

Antipin in for Beaulieu would make this the most interesting lineup we could possibly ice at this point.

We won with Beaulieu last game :)

I'm sorry if I missed it, but what number will Casey wear?? I guess 24

I like baseball but I didn't even know it was opening day

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.