Hamilton quoting O'Reilly: What's "very likely"?

PASabreFan

Having grown up in WNY and eventually seeing other parts of the country and world, Buffalo is known for two things; chicken wings and four lost Super Bowls.  No mention of its sports writers.  I don't claim to know what JB plans this summer but common sense would suggest ROR stays.  He is a skilled player and very good at FOs.  Just as important, he seems to actually care his role on the team.  No doubt he will have an opportunity to mentor some up and comers next year not to mention he may be a positive influence on Jack so he doesn't have an early season slump to start that huge new contract.

:lol: at the bolded. Buffalo actually has TWO writers in the HHoF. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem the 3rd is in town yet.

And, no, people don't think of Buffalo as a sports journalism Mecca. But other than NYC, are there any US towns that are considered to be so AND deserve that reputation?

:lol: at the bolded. Buffalo actually has TWO writers in the HHoF. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem the 3rd is in town yet.

And, no, people don't think of Buffalo as a sports journalism Mecca. But other than NYC, are there any US towns that are considered to be so AND deserve that reputation?

Was trying to make a point.  Thanks for ruining my moment.  Now I feel like the guy who starts a slow clap at the wrong time. 

This could be something as simple as typical ROR.  He has a defense mechanism that when he's not playing well - he doubles down on being hard on himself.  I don't really care for it - it's a little bit of a turn off for me - especially when he's depended on to be a leader, not sulk.  

I could see him all down on himself - in an Eeyore type fashion - it's very likely I'll be gone because I'm one of the ones getting payed well and not playing well. 

Hamilton with a writing fail.

Type-Writer-Failuter-Animated-Gif.gif

Perfectly said. We really do need a like button for posts.  Anything Hamilton and Harrington write is complete conjecture and mindless drivel.  The only thing worse than the writing, is Harrington's pointless monotone questions that set up for passive aggressive white noise.  I think if we could almost trade anything it would be these clowns for a case of rotten imported tomatoes. 

Edited by De Listig Ett

I wouldn't read too much into any of this. Of course teams asked about ROR, he's a good solid second line center. Makes sense. And of course Botterill has no allegiance to him. So like any corporate executive he looks at how much he costs and assesses whether or not that price tag is warranted.  If he decides no, maybe he shops him around and if he gets the return he wants he trades him. No biggie. If he doesn't get the return he lives with him on the roster. UNLESS he is some sort of locker room problem there is no reason to move him or not move him.

If you compete every night you should play, and if you don't you get removed one way or another. That should be the only ethos he works with in slowly building this team back to respectability. ROR can determine his own future in that regard. 

Something changed for and/or with Hamilton — right around the time that Pegula bought the team.

Do you suspect he's a toadie? Working for the "flagship station" of the Sabres Radio Network, is he at all independent? I've noticed he doesn't criticize coaches, management or ownership much, if ever. The players... he's hatcheted a-many.

The recent, very lengthy piece on Sabres prospects raised my spidey sense. That was like a month's worth of writing for Paul. Was it assigned, like in school, by Mr. Brandon?

I’m completely soured on him, too.

It may seem like nothing, but the guy frequently chastises people on Twitter by replying with “Language” for replies including words as harmless as “hell”, and yesterday used the term for a cat, starting with a “P”, as a jab at someone, on Twitter.

Guy is a massive hypocrite.

That's funny. Some of these guys are just living in another era. I'm surprised they're somewhat functional in an online environment. The traditional media resent that fans have real power now and can express their opinions without their blessing. A quarter century ago, what were your chances to be heard? Write a letter to Larry Felser and hope he liked it? Call in to a radio station and wait to get cut off? I'm surprised someone like Mike Schopp is from that world, too. He comes off as young, but the other day he said he's 46. He still seems to relish acting like he's a gatekeeper or something. Wawrow's older too, right? But maybe it's not all about age. We didn't have a pleasant experience with Bill Hoppe here, did we?

Do you suspect he's a toadie? Working for the "flagship station" of the Sabres Radio Network, is he at all independent? I've noticed he doesn't criticize coaches, management or ownership much, if ever. The players... he's hatcheted a-many.

The recent, very lengthy piece on Sabres prospects raised my spidey sense. That was like a month's worth of writing for Paul. Was it assigned, like in school, by Mr. Brandon?

That's funny. Some of these guys are just living in another era. I'm surprised they're somewhat functional in an online environment. The traditional media resent that fans have real power now and can express their opinions without their blessing. A quarter century ago, what were your chances to be heard? Write a letter to Larry Felser and hope he liked it? Call in to a radio station and wait to get cut off? I'm surprised someone like Mike Schopp is from that world, too. He comes off as young, but the other day he said he's 46. He still seems to relish acting like he's a gatekeeper or something. Wawrow's older too, right? But maybe it's not all about age. We didn't have a pleasant experience with Bill Hoppe here, did we?

That’s so true. It’s a fascinating dynamic.

That’s so true. It’s a fascinating dynamic.

It cuts to the core of their self-worth: I AM A PROFESSIONAL! And you are not.

A missing part of that equation is a sizeable chunk of information consumers aren’t savvy enough to tell the difference between proper professional journalism and advocacy and click bait.

Another is that a number of “professionals” are not professional enough in their approach, something that is exacerbated by the need of their employers to chase clicks in order to remain relevant on a world where they no longer have a monopoly on information.

A media whose most relevant selling point should be “trusted source” has instead been pushed by market forces in the opposite direction.

His wife died of breast cancer in January 2011

Yup. And I’m sure there is a lasting effect because of it. I strongly suspect it would change me negatively as well.

Not only have we had some “interesting” dialog here when the pro media types have chimed in, our very own rookie pro media type flamed out in grand fashion here as well. I think the personality for that job may be prone to that reaction on social media.

Maybe it is something in the syllabus.

Edited by We've

PA, how long ago was the prospect thing you mention? I'd like to read it

This is all I could find, sorry.

http://www.public.navy.mil/surfor/ddg60/Pages/USS-Paul-Hamilton-Galley-Re-Opening.aspx#.WplNH7lOnMs

No, here it is:

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/botterill-has-plan-which-includes-rochester

Edited by PASabreFan

I think botteril won't trade the following

Eichel: franchise guy

Samson: said he liked the way he has stepped up his play

O'Reilly:  heard him say he was part of core multiple times.

Scandella: he went to get him.

IMO, JBots won't trade Risto or McCabe either.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.