Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

3 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

I didn't watch the game because I just don't care about them any more. But how in the hell do you lose by 32 points when getting more yards and getting twice the first downs?

By giving up infinity times the turnovers.  Also, coach didn't clap hard enough.

Edited by Eleven

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

From Twitter 

Since the start of the NHL regular season, the Sabres have scored a total of five more points (42g) than the Bills have scored (37).

Since the start of the weekend, they've scored the same amount ... in the same number of games.  Sad, just sad.

30 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I don't.  He's getting $X per year and X is a low number because it's his first opportunity and he's glad for it.  Did Clap Clap earn any bonuses last year for making the playoffs or for having a great defense?

Yeah, he earned cushion for not getting fired.

It's insane to think in a performance based business you think getting the best performance is meaningless 

16 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Yeah, he earned cushion for not getting fired.

It's insane to think in a performance based business you think getting the best performance is meaningless 

No one gets fired his first year.

And had Trubisky been injured because he was hanging out under center throwing the ball, do you think Nagy would have been fired?  Of course not.  Same goes for the stats; they matter not.  The W matters and that's all.

It was an unsportsmanlike play and a dumb move.

11 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Didn't watch but the score reminds me so much of when we played the Bears in 2006 and lost like 40-7. I was about 11 years old. After the game I drew a Bears logo very carefully on some nice paper and then slowly cut it to pieces with scissors 

My sister was bullied so badly at Soldier after that game that she burst into tears.  Her fiance (now husband) had to get verbally rough with a few people.

30 minutes ago, Eleven said:

No one gets fired his first year.

And had Trubisky been injured because he was hanging out under center throwing the ball, do you think Nagy would have been fired?  Of course not.  Same goes for the stats; they matter not.  The W matters and that's all.

It was an unsportsmanlike play and a dumb move.

I never understand unsportsmanlike stuff like that in sports. I think it's absurd to complain about someone running up the score.

17 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I tend to agree. There is a definite disconnect between success and these 2.

McDermott and Beane have now been involved in blow-out losses for 10 of their 25 career games in Buffalo. That is simply astonishing and atrocious. In terms of point-differential, the 2018 Bills are on pace to be the worst team in franchise history (worse than the 1971 Bills). You can make a strong statistical argument that this is the worst NFL offense at least since WW2. Their mismanagement of the singular position of quarterback has destroyed whatever other good they have done. I have ZERO confidence that they will ever build a good offense or ever properly develop Josh Allen. I now long for the days of Dick "7-9" Jauron and Chan "6-10" Gailey...two deer-in-the-headlight coaches who at least were capable of taking inferior talent and keeping them competitive in games. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, FuhrUrsinne said:

McDermott and Beane have now been involved in blow-out losses for 10 of their 25 career games in Buffalo. That is simply astonishing and atrocious. In terms of point-differential, the 2018 Bills are on pace to be the worst team in franchise history (worse than the 1971 Bills). You can make a strong statistical argument that this is the worst NFL offense at least since WW2. Their mismanagement of the singular position of quarterback has destroyed whatever other good they have done. I have ZERO confidence that they will ever build a good offense or ever properly develop Josh Allen. I now long for the days of Dick "7-9" Jauron and Chan "6-10" Gailey...two deer-in-the-headlight coaches who at least were capable of taking inferior talent and keeping them competitive in games. 

Have you seen the 92 Seahawks?

8 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

We're 44 points away with 7 games, including two each against the Jets and Dolphins.  We don't have a realistic shot, IMO.

They have scored 1 TD in 3 games. I really think they can put up a couple of shut outs and a couple of 3 point performances. But if they keep averaging their 10 ppg, you're right, juggernaut! ?

1 hour ago, FuhrUrsinne said:

The blowouts are telling.  This management completely neglected the offensive side of the ball.  A single, naive thread of me is hoping/praying they were possibly expecting this and the gameplan was to bolster the offense in the draft and FA. 

Edited by Indabuff

4 hours ago, JujuFish said:

Have you seen the 92 Seahawks?

The fact that the 2018 Bills are pacing so close statistically to one of the all-time 10 worst NFL offenses - one that played 26 years ago in a very different football era with much fewer offense-friendly rules - leads me to believe that the 2018 Buffalo offense is the more pathetic.

• Like (+1) 1

One of the biggest problems facing this team right now is that they have several winnable games left.

Week 10 @ NYJ

Week 12 vs Jacksonville

Week 13 @ Miami

Week 14 vs NYJ

Week 15 vs Detroit

Week 17 vs Miami

The last thing this team needs is a run of a few wins there at the end. Lose them all (preferably). Nobody will convince me there’s any relevance or benefit to winning a single game the rest of this season.

The New England game is the only game I don’t see them having a shot in. Jacksonville SHOULD be better, especially with Fournette coming back so hopefully that one, too.

Detroit SHOULD run us over but Matt Stanford doesn’t seem comfortable this season.

12 hours ago, Indabuff said:

The blowouts are telling.  This management completely neglected the offensive side of the ball.  A single, naive thread of me is hoping/praying they were possibly expecting this and the gameplan was to bolster the offense in the draft and FA. 

If they make minimal changes to the offense they should all be fired. I would cut 4 of 5 offensive line and every single WR on the roster and start over. 

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

One of the biggest problems facing this team right now is that they have several winnable games left.

Week 10 @ NYJ

Week 12 vs Jacksonville

Week 13 @ Miami

Week 14 vs NYJ

Week 15 vs Detroit

Week 17 vs Miami

The last thing this team needs is a run of a few wins there at the end. Lose them all (preferably). Nobody will convince me there’s any relevance or benefit to winning a single game the rest of this season.

The New England game is the only game I don’t see them having a shot in. Jacksonville SHOULD be better, especially with Fournette coming back so hopefully that one, too.

Detroit SHOULD run us over but Matt Stanford doesn’t seem comfortable this season.

What's the point if the current HC and GM are calling the shots? They have an equal chance of screwing up picks 1-3 as 7-9.

Edited by MattPie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.