Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

10 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

So is it a bad football take to have zero interest in seeing Allen play again until Barkley's Fitz cycle hits the bad part, however soon that may be? I wanted him sitting all year in the first place, but now we know how bad the weapons are and that his elbow is all screwed up.

Nope.  Let Barkley start against the Jags.  Go week by week w/ the decision after that.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Jets really stink... Matt frickin Barkley LOL and Foster off the PS...  Oh well probably second to last game Bills win this year... next v Jests

Hey.  There was a lot of Process today.  Respect that.  Clap Clap.

(Actually, I think Barkley looked great!)

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

So is it a bad football take to have zero interest in seeing Allen play again until Barkley's Fitz cycle hits the bad part, however soon that may be? I wanted him sitting all year in the first place, but now we know how bad the weapons are and that his elbow is all screwed up.

Maybe? Do we really think Allen is going to be better playing after 2 more weeks than he will after the bye? If you don't think he should play at all this year, that's one thing. But if you think he should play again at some point, then I'm not sure an extra game or two on the bench will make any difference at all. 

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

Maybe? Do we really think Allen is going to be better playing after 2 more weeks than he will after the bye? If you don't think he should play at all this year, that's one thing. But if you think he should play again at some point, then I'm not sure an extra game or two on the bench will make any difference at all. 

I'm firmly in the let him sit and learn camp and today only made me feel better about it.  Peterman and Anderson will be gone by Tuesday.

9 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Why keep Anderson?  It's not like they wouldn't be able to sign him in an emergency.

Only reason I can see is if they think he wouldn't be willing to get pounded again should they let him go back to golfing & hanging with his family and then have to reach out to him again.  As long as they've got him under contract, he's either a captive audience &/or he has to actively quit to get out.

And with 6 games left to play, there is still a real possibility they'll need to start somebody besides Barkley & Allen this season.

(That's basically devil's advocate.  AFAIAC, they can punt him and Peterman tomorrow.  This season's toast.  If Barkley breaks, have Allen finish that game & bring in fresh meat to start the next one.  Have Allen healthy heading into next season.)

18 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Only reason I can see is if they think he wouldn't be willing to get pounded again should they let him go back to golfing & hanging with his family and then have to reach out to him again.  As long as they've got him under contract, he's either a captive audience &/or he has to actively quit to get out.

And with 6 games left to play, there is still a real possibility they'll need to start somebody besides Barkley & Allen this season.

(That's basically devil's advocate.  AFAIAC, they can punt him and Peterman tomorrow.  This season's toast.  If Barkley breaks, have Allen finish that game & bring in fresh meat to start the next one.  Have Allen healthy heading into next season.)

Your parenthetical is right on.  No need to keep Anderson.  

Barkley had a good game today but not let's not pretend this kid has any sort of arm whatsoever. It would be 2 weeks before other defenses would absolutely destroy our team just like they have the rest of the weeks.

He may show enough to be the back up next year but Allen has to get in there as soon as possible so we can find out if they are drafting another quarterback this year. The one thing that was proven today is how bad the rest of the quarterbacks are on this team because all Barkley did was give these guys a chance to catch the ball..... and they did.

9 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Barkley had a good game today but not let's not pretend this kid has any sort of arm whatsoever. It would be 2 weeks before other defenses would absolutely destroy our team just like they have the rest of the weeks.

He may show enough to be the back up next year but Allen has to get in there as soon as possible so we can find out if they are drafting another quarterback this year. The one thing that was proven today is how bad the rest of the quarterbacks are on this team because all Barkley did was give these guys a chance to catch the ball..... and they did.

There is NFW they are bailing on Allen at the upcoming draft.  They might be there the following year if he isn't adapting; though even that is doubtful.

So, do you have any other reason to put him behind this line in this season?  Getting him broken again so they HAVE to draft another QB doesn't count. ;)

Edited by Taro T

3 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

They're not drafting another quarterback early next year, period.  I don't care if it's some kid whose face is covered with the Essence of Process and who can clap a million times per second.  It's not happening.  And there's no reason to put Allen in this year other than to entertain us, which does not appear to be a big concern for the Bills, anyway.

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And, did anybody else get the impression that the Jest players would be quite fine with Bowles not being back after the bye week?  That game sure seemed like everybody except the placekicker were all over getting a new coach.

The players just flat out laid down. Benjamin can get cut already. Not only doesn't he try hard, he's not good at the things he needs to be good at. How he ever put up good numbers is beyond me. 

I love sports and competition, but the NFL is unwatchable.

In the past two weeks, I've seen a Bills QB get hit in the head twice, and get driven into the ground with the full weight of the defender, with no flag.

If they don't call the blatant stuff equally, why should I give a crap about whatever else happens. Oh yeah, I don't.This year is the first time in my life I've chosen to do other things than watch the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

There is NFW they are bailing on Allen at the upcoming draft.  They might be there the following year if he isn't adapting; though even that is doubtful.

So, do you have any other reason to put him behind this line in this season?  Getting him broken again so they HAVE to draft another QB doesn't count. ?

If Allen still sucks next season, I'm not sure McBeane will be in the position to decide whether to bail.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.