Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

12 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Aaron Rodgers was the backup in GB for 3 seasons behind Farve.  Not being the man in Year 2 doesn't mean your a bust.  With our terrible O Line I much rather someone other then our prized rookie QB gets beaten up.

Rodgers didn't sit because he wasn't ready, though. He sat because he was behind a HoFer. 

54 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Rodgers didn't sit because he wasn't ready, though. He sat because he was behind a HoFer. 

I’m not sure I’d agree with that statement.  GB was 4-12 Rodgers first year.  If he had been ready there was ample opportunity to play him. The same goes for the 8-8 team the following year. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Green Bay drafted him with the knowledge that he would sit behind Favre.  Like what the Cheats wanted to do with Garrappolo.  They took the time to groom the next guy and it paid off.  Same goes for San Diego with Rivers (although they weren't so smart with Brees and gave up on him way too quickly.)

Edited by Eleven

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

He's always going to be a big armed inaccurate QB. That's what he is. I would try and get the best WR and OL help available. For WR look for guys with great hands and body control outside their normal catch window. Javon Wims springs to mind. 

I believe that, and you believe that, but they clearly don't. They think they can fix him.

1 hour ago, sabills said:

I believe that, and you believe that, but they clearly don't. They think they can fix him.

The list of former HCs and GMs who believed they could fix a player is quite long. 

My fear is they will be in a position to draft an another QB and they will pass because they have Allen. 

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The list of former HCs and GMs who believed they could fix a player is quite long. 

My fear is they will be in a position to draft an another QB and they will pass because they have Allen. 

This QB draft sucks anyways. Might as well wait for Fromm and Lawrence

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

This QB draft sucks anyways. Might as well wait for Fromm and Lawrence

Lawrence won't be in Fromm's class unless Fromm stays for his senior year. Tua will be though unless he stays his senior year. The Bills will be in a position to draft a better QB in 2020 but McBeane isn't drafting another QB. They aren't smart enough. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Lawrence won't be in Fromm's class unless Fromm stays for his senior year. Tua will be though unless he stays his senior year. 

Good point

Just now, Brawndo said:

The 2020 Draft is the one I’m worried they will pass on a QB in 

Gotcha. Trevor Lawrence is gonna be the real deal

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Good point

Gotcha. Trevor Lawrence is gonna be the real deal

Trevor is better than Fromm was last year IMPO. There are things Trevor does that Jake doesn't. That said Tua does it all. The real question for him will come this weekend. First time as a starter playing a legit defense. 

Fromm's arm is good. He can toss it about 60yrds I would guess fairly well. He is also accurate. His throws to the sidelines on fades or back shoulders are pretty to watch. He can and does change up protections and plays at the line of scrimmage. That is something you don't always see even for Sophomore QB's. I think he leans on the run a little too much and looked like absolute trash against LSU. While LSU has a good defense he missed reads and throws in that game. I would need to see more from Jake before wanting to draft him early in 2020. That's my opinion anyways. 

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

Green Bay drafted him with the knowledge that he would sit behind Favre.  Like what the Cheats wanted to do with Garrappolo.  They took the time to groom the next guy and it paid off.  Same goes for San Diego with Rivers (although they weren't so smart with Brees and gave up on him way too quickly.)

Green Bay had no idea how long he'd sit behind Favre. Favre was firmly in his year-to-year state at that point. They drafted Rodgers because he was an incredible value at their pick and they knew they would need a Favre replacement at any moment. He certainly wasn't drafted with the plan to sit him for 3 years. 

Anyway, playing quarterback is easier than ever before. No way should a player drafted #7 overall need to sit for two freaking years. 

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’m not sure I’d agree with that statement.  GB was 4-12 Rodgers first year.  If he had been ready there was ample opportunity to play him. The same goes for the 8-8 team the following year. 

No, there wasn't. Favre was still there. 

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Green Bay had no idea how long he'd sit behind Favre. Favre was firmly in his year-to-year state at that point. They drafted Rodgers because he was an incredible value at their pick and they knew they would need a Favre replacement at any moment. He certainly wasn't drafted with the plan to sit him for 3 years. 

Anyway, playing quarterback is easier than ever before. No way should a player drafted #7 overall need to sit for two freaking years. 

No, there wasn't. Favre was still there. 

But Favre wasn’t playing well. In fact he should have been benched at time in both years.  His QB rating was 70 and 72 for those two years.  He threw 29 ints Rodgers first season and had a completion % of 56% the second year.   Frankly Farve sucked those two seasons and should have been benched had Rodgers been ready.

37 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Fromm's arm is good. He can toss it about 60yrds I would guess fairly well. He is also accurate. His throws to the sidelines on fades or back shoulders are pretty to watch. He can and does change up protections and plays at the line of scrimmage. That is something you don't always see even for Sophomore QB's. I think he leans on the run a little too much and looked like absolute trash against LSU. While LSU has a good defense he missed reads and throws in that game. I would need to see more from Jake before wanting to draft him early in 2020. That's my opinion anyways. 

That's nice and all, but:

1> did he grow up on a farm?

2> what glove size does he wear?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

But Favre wasn’t playing well. In fact he should have been benched at time in both years.  His QB rating was 70 and 72 for those two years.  He threw 29 ints Rodgers first season and had a completion % of 56% the second year.   Frankly Farve sucked those two seasons and should have been benched had Rodgers been ready.

And after all that sitting, how did Rodgers do his first year?

Edit: Never mind, he did really well. For some reason I thought he did awful his first years starting

Edited by WildCard

16 hours ago, MattPie said:

That's nice and all, but:

1> did he grow up on a farm?

2> what glove size does he wear?

He did not grow up on a farm as far as I know. He has smaller hands than Josh Allen. Although he something completely unrelated to football ability, religious. 

2 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

The Cardinals dropped Bradford.

Gotta sign him.  The Bills need to set a record for different QBs to start games in one season.  They're at 4 so far (Peterman, Allen, Anderson, McCoy--yes, that counted as a QB start last week) and can start Barkley, Pryor, and then Bradford.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.