Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

26 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Glad I didn't watch this debacle.  The coaching staff might be in over their heads  but this team lacks talent.  You can't plug-and-play practice squad level players to fill the void of actual talent you've shipped off for late round picks and expect to compete at the NFL level.     

Ok but these are the geniuses that decided to get rid of all the talent!!?!

29 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Glad I didn't watch this debacle.  The coaching staff might be in over their heads  but this team lacks talent.  You can't plug-and-play practice squad level players to fill the void of actual talent you've shipped off for late round picks and expect to compete at the NFL level.     

I was working a fundraiser and only got to see about two or three plays.  I'm ok with that.

18 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Poor browns

Poor us.  I wanted to see a team with two ties.  I don't know that I've ever seen that in the NFL.

2 hours ago, inkman said:

I don't have any emotion tied to this game as the Bills removed that from my soul a decade ago but this is amusing. They just look worse at everything. 

But some poster will come in here and tell me how awesome they are because playoffs. 

That might have been me earlier in the season, but I seriously doubt you can find any Bills fan now who can defend the current Beane/McDermott regime.

Four blowout losses in seven games this season! Fielding the worst statistical offense in the modern NFL era!

Before today, I might have made the argument that McDermott is at least building an elite defense. But it appears that he just completely lost the locker room. His antics and incompetence surrounding the positions of QB, WR, and OL are too much. And we all are aware of it now, fans and players alike. You can't pray and clap away stupid, apparently.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, inkman said:

Ok but these are the geniuses that decided to get rid of all the talent!!?!

I actually changed my comment from "imbeciles" to "over their heads" but either way it's pretty interchangeable.  I think a lack of effort from the little talent they have plays a part in it as well.  The culmination of all three aspects yields the result we have.  A 2-5 team.     

4 minutes ago, FuhrUrsinne said:

That might have been me earlier in the season, but I seriously doubt you can find any Bills fan now who can defend the current Beane/McDermott regime.

Four blowout losses in seven games this season! Fielding the worst statistical offense in the modern NFL era!

Before today, I might have made the argument that McDermott is at least building an elite defense. But it appears that he just completely lost the locker room. His antics and incompetence surrounding the positions of QB, WR, and OL are too much. And we all are aware of it now, fans and players alike. You can't pray and clap away stupid, apparently.

That's what infuriates me the most.  The blow outs.  I'd sit and watch if they were consistently competitive but they're not.

The Bills are in complete shambles right now. A complete and utter disaster. Of course, I said the same thing about the Sabres, but in this case, I'm pretty confident in my assessment.

It's going to be a long 3 to 5 years from this season. The defense will age and change while the offense is being built. But my confidence in the Pegula's to find the right people to manage and run that Bills team is, shall we say, skeptical, truly.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I wouldn't go that far. And speaking of Marrone, at least the Jags are losing again, so we won't have to hear anyone come in here and wax poetic about him. 

Apparently a player fight broke out in the Jaguars Locker Room just as the media was being let in.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2802088-calais-campbell-restrained-yannick-ngakoue-in-locker-room-after-loss-to-texans

20 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

The Bills are in complete shambles right now. A complete and utter disaster. Of course, I said the same thing about the Sabres, but in this case, I'm pretty confident in my assessment.

It's going to be a long 3 to 5 years from this season. The defense will age and change while the offense is being built. But my confidence in the Pegula's to find the right people to manage and run that Bills team is, shall we say, skeptical, truly.

I think there was a lot of nepotism involved after they brought McClappy in. The influx of Carolina personnel was a red flag to a lot of people.  I just find it hard to believe they can't find a genius to oversee football operations.  I know money can't buy love but I thought it could buy everything else.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Is anyone even really mad about today? 

Patrick Mahomes is up to 22 TDs and 2200 yards. Meanwhile, we're deciding whether Nathan Peterman or Derek Anderson is a better start against the Patriots.

So I may not be mad about today in particular, I'm mad about what today represented.

Edited by TrueBlueGED
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Patrick Mahomes is up to 22 TDs and 2200 yards. Meanwhile, we're deciding whether Nathan Peterman or Derek Anderson is a better start against the Patriots.

So I may not be mad about today in particular, I'm mad about what today represented.

Mahomes looks great but as has been stated before, I'm not sure he'd have anywhere near the same success with the Bills. Their offense and weapons in KC aren't on the same planet as the Bills. 

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Mahomes looks great but as has been stated before, I'm not sure he'd have anywhere near the same success with the Bills. Their offense and weapons in KC aren't on the same planet as the Bills. 

Maybe if they had taken a QB last year, they would have decided to use this offseason to help the offense. Besides, there's an awful lot of daylight between worst offense since the 1960s and where the Chiefs are today. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm happy. Anything that continues to bury McBeane for their stupidity. 

Yup. McDermott might make a good d coordinator but a head coach he is not. Unless this offseason they actually find good offensive talent, this is another 3 year chapter of the Bills being trash. (this year, next year, the year after when the coach gets canned and we rebuild again.) 

11 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm happy. Anything that continues to bury McBeane for their stupidity. 

More and more, though, I think that McDermott and his side kick GM are really just symptoms of what actually plagues the Bills as a franchise.

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yup. McDermott might make a good d coordinator but a head coach he is not. Unless this offseason they actually find good offensive talent, this is another 3 year chapter of the Bills being trash. (this year, next year, the year after when the coach gets canned and we rebuild again.) 

I have no confidence in McDermott's ability to orchestrate the adoption of a modern NFL offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Todd Gurley has more points than the Bills do this season

Andrew Luck threw for more touchdowns yesterday than the Bills have all year long

And that was with 4 games of Josh Allen. The offense is a disaster and it is only partly because the WR and Line suck. They also drafted an inaccurate QB with no backup real plan. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.