Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

We have 5 picks in the first 4 round next year. I would trade back down in the 1st and get an extra 2nd and maybe another 4th. Then you would have 1st, 2 2nds, 3rd, and 3 4ths. Those top 4 picks should be 2O-Line, 1WR, 1dline/linebacker. The 3rd and 4th round picks can be used to upgrade the defense. You can get good lineman especially in the 3rd. 

Edited by LGR4GM

11 hours ago, Taro T said:

I stand by my earlier contention.  This line will get Allen killed.  Start Chad Peterman (Nate Pennington?) & let him or McCarron (if he heals up) get pounded.  Give Allen games 15 & 16 and a real O-line next season.

If he's still alive next season, let Pennington, er, Peterman be Josh's backup.

REALLY tired of throwing away entire seasons, but I want to see Allen running the show for the next 15 seasons.  Only having 80% of his current arm strength because he blew out his throwing shoukder or elbow will not allow that to happen.  If it takes this season being a throw away for him to come away healthy, then so be it.  Stinks, but it is what it is.

This is pretty much where I'm at. If he was head and shoulders above the alternatives, I think you'd have to play him...but he wasn't. Let him continue to learn, work on his mechanics and reads, and get to play behind a (hopefully) NFL-caliber line next season.

Of course, this line might get all 3 killed, so perhaps the order in which they are offed isn't all that important ?

42 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

We have 5 picks in the first 4 round next year. I would trade back down in the 1st and get an extra 2nd and maybe another 4th. Then you would have 1st, 2 2nds, 3rd, and 3 4ths. Those top 4 picks should be 2O-Line, 1WR, 1dline/linebacker. The 3rd and 4th round picks can be used to upgrade the defense. You can get good lineman especially in the 3rd. 

I would trade a couple of those picks for Khalil Mack. Bleacher Report reporter says it might only take a first and second and Pro Football Talk says he may be more available than people think.

But as far as draft pick deals: it’s super premature to think about moving up and down.

1 hour ago, TrueBlueGED said:

This is pretty much where I'm at. If he was head and shoulders above the alternatives, I think you'd have to play him...but he wasn't. Let him continue to learn, work on his mechanics and reads, and get to play behind a (hopefully) NFL-caliber line next season.

Of course, this line might get all 3 killed, so perhaps the order in which they are offed isn't all that important ?

From the descriptions in this thread, I'm picturing Allen on his back with his feet in the air, going through the last couple steps that they've been programming into him... sacked before he even had the time to finish dropping back.  Starting him sounds like a David Carr waiting to happen.

Well, that was a sh*t show. I probably wouldn't have even tuned in but a buddy of mine came over to watch so I felt obligated. My thoughts on the matter can be summarized below:

The o-line sucks

Allen sucks

McGinger and his puppet of a boss both suck for going into this season with a crappy offensive line and no veteran QB to sacrifice behind it. This is going to be a long season.

Edited by Alkoholist
I added back in my adjective

20 hours ago, Hoss said:

He was doing very well in keeping his feet moving. Just about no chance on four of the five sacks. Not sure what you were expecting but his footwork was not an issue today.

If the gif of that throw gets posted when the All-22 comes out I'll show you what I mean. He had half a foot on the ground and neither were pointed in the direction he needed to throw it. He was under pressure and just gunned it down there. It was bad. He had some time to either run, set and throw, or toss it out of bounds.

I thought Allen had 2 bad throws in a row on the same possession in the first quarter.  Otherwise he was on target.  There were also 2 drops IIRC.

I'd probably blame him or at least hope for a better avoidance play from him on a couple of the sacks.  Certain the O-line play was pretty poor too.

It sure didn't make me happy for springing for Sunday Ticket.

17 hours ago, Taro T said:

I stand by my earlier contention.  This line will get Allen killed.  Start Chad Peterman (Nate Pennington?) & let him or McCarron (if he heals up) get pounded.  Give Allen games 15 & 16 and a real O-line next season.

If he's still alive next season, let Pennington, er, Peterman be Josh's backup.

REALLY tired of throwing away entire seasons, but I want to see Allen running the show for the next 15 seasons.  Only having 80% of his current arm strength because he blew out his throwing shoukder or elbow will not allow that to happen.  If it takes this season being a throw away for him to come away healthy, then so be it.  Stinks, but it is what it is.

The problem is Peterman and/or McCarron won't last more than 1 or 2 games behind this O-Line.     They only guy that would is no longer on the team.    

They only way any of these 3 stay healthy is if they establish a running game and get the ball out quickly.    

1 minute ago, Weave said:

It's surprisingly short when you don't watch.  I'm amazed at where the last 5 years have gone.

2.5 years for me. Isn't it a trip. I love not having another day of the week ripped from me, forcing me into a downward spiral of rage and misery. I'm quite Zen-like now.

1 minute ago, ubkev said:

2.5 years for me. Isn't it a trip. I love not having another day of the week ripped from me, forcing me into a downward spiral of rage and misery. I'm quite Zen-like now.

Heh.  I was referring to the other Buffalo team at 5 yrs.  Other than the playoff game last season, I haven't made time on a Sunday for the Bills a priority in at least 10 years.

34 minutes ago, Weave said:

Heh.  I was referring to the other Buffalo team at 5 yrs.  Other than the playoff game last season, I haven't made time on a Sunday for the Bills a priority in at least 10 years.

Oh wow! Good for you dude. The sabres are trickier for me. I like hockey as a sport a lot more than football. I haven't paid to watch the sabres in 3 seasons, counting this coming one. I go to 1 game a year and watch about 20 games online for free. So, what a quarter of the season, and I only complete about half of those games.

Meanwhile I'll watch over 100 baseball games a year and every tennis major.

1 minute ago, Weave said:

When they cease to be entertaining I cease to be interested.

The most I can watch from NFL is highlights, Usually those are the only good things that happen in a game.

I get tailgating a lot more now, I'd need 20 beers to enter a NFL stadium, maybe smash my head into one of those tables to ?

My participation as a fan changed when I stayed up late for a west coast Sabres game and ended up punching a hole in my door over a loss. I knew that I was in too deep.

I have seasons to Amerks games. I enjoy that high level of hockey.

I go to a Bills game if a group is going and it’s not about the Bills at that point.

The last Sabres game I went to was with tickets my FIL won on a silent auction.

I no longer plan my free time for Sabres or Bills. I still have MSG but my heart hasn’t been there. 

I hope these pumpkin heads turn things around.

46 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Oh wow! Good for you dude. The sabres are trickier for me. I like hockey as a sport a lot more than football. I haven't paid to watch the sabres in 3 seasons, counting this coming one. I go to 1 game a year and watch about 20 games online for free. So, what a quarter of the season, and I only complete about half of those games.

Meanwhile I'll watch over 100 baseball games a year and every tennis major.

Same.  We are civilized people.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Does the league not have a first round of cuts anymore?  I have no clue who any of these guys are, but for some reason I always enjoyed reading about multiple rounds of cuts.

The league finally realized how dumb it is to cut down roster size right before playing a game that at least 15 of the top 22, if not all 22, wouldn't play.

And, yeah, especially for a team like the Bills w/ a serious positional need, being able to start bringing in dregs a week early was a good thing.

And there goes Teddy Bridgewater to New Orleans

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24514786/jets-deal-send-qb-teddy-bridgewater-saints

@FieldYates
 Teddy Bridgewater won’t play a single snap for the Jets, yet will wind up being one of the shrewder moves of the offseason. For what amounts to the cost of a $500K signing bonus, the Jets acquired a third-round pick.

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

And there goes Teddy Bridgewater to New Orleans

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24514786/jets-deal-send-qb-teddy-bridgewater-saints

@FieldYates
 Teddy Bridgewater won’t play a single snap for the Jets, yet will wind up being one of the shrewder moves of the offseason. For what amounts to the cost of a $500K signing bonus, the Jets acquired a third-round pick.

Weird that the Saints would trade for him when they just gave Brees an extension...last year? I can't see Teddy staying there when he's a free agent after this season, and New Orleans certainly can't afford to franchise him until Brees retires. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.