Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

41 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What is your problem? No I wanna know. I've barely said jack $#!t about Allen other then the one thing and every post is just an antagonistic dig at me. Between you and a couple others why the f##k do I waste time here. In the words of raptor jesus, "Rouurrr reawwrrr"

I don’t have a problem with you. I generally enjoy your posts and look forward to your statistical analysis when it comes to Hockey. I just think you’re going out of your way to give the same statistical work to Allen and simply taking the narrative/numbers at face value there. He’s not a unicorn when it comes to questionable numbers coming out of college.

He compares to some guys who have really made it in this league. He also compares to guys like Gabbart, Locker and Ponder.

49 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Okay, so, without any value was obviously overstating it. But it strikes me that some are starting the parade quite a bit prematurely and are looking to spike the ball. Allen has looked better than I expected him to. I'm encouraged. But it's preseason FFS. Nobody is game planning to take away his strengths. To paraphrase Allen Iverson...I know it's important, but we're talkin 'bout preseason man. 

I feel you.

Someone just posted a comparison of EJ’s preseason stats and Allen’s. EJ’s were better.

Slow the roll, I’d say.

3 hours ago, erickompositör72 said:

I think, if Allen's doubters at draft time are not starting to feel (at least) cautiously optimistic, they are severe pessimists and probably need a hug.

I was neutral at draft time (maybe "ignorant," as I don't follow college ball); at this point, I'm quite excited.

I think the people who are optimistic and/or quite excited about Allen are severe optimists and probably need to reduce the milligrams on their Prozac because it's annoying how they like to paint all detractors with the same stupid brush.

For the record I preferred Rosen but I would've kept Taylor as well and wouldn't have played Rosen until he beat out Taylor for the starting job (or Taylor got injured). I haven't watched any preseason games, training camp highlights, or any of the Bills propaganda they've been pumping out though. I'll wait and see how it goes once the games actually matter. I'm not optimistic but I don't need a hug and I hope the idiots at One Bills Drive prove me wrong because in the end, I root for the laundry, not the knuckleheads wearing it.

General reminder: Tyrod Taylor is not good. He’s safe and occasionally fun, a very hard worker and a really good dude. None of those make him a good QB.

The team had moved on from him a full year before trading him. They got a third rounder for him (Alex Smith went for a lower third rounder and a solid defensive back).

He wasn’t staying.

Edited by Hoss

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

General reminder: Tyrod Taylor is not good. He’s safe and occasionally fun, a very hard worker and a really good dude. None of those make him a good QB.

The team had moved on from him a full year before trading him. They got a third rounder for him (Alex Smith went for a lower third rounder and a solid defensive back).

He wasn’t staying.

General reminder:  He was adequate and a better quarterback than anyone we had seen in Buffalo since Bledsoe. If not for Ryan, they could have made the playoffs with him more than once. They traded him needlessly and will regress this year as a result.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

General reminder:  He was adequate and a better quarterback than anyone we had seen in Buffalo since Bledsoe. If not for Ryan, they could have made the playoffs with him more than once. They traded him needlessly and will regress this year as a result. 

Agree on all except the bolded, and you might be right on that too.

13 hours ago, Eleven said:

My disagreement aside, I do think "unwisely" is what's needed there. The level of regret that can be summoned over moving on from an (allegedly) "adequate" quarterback is mystifying to me.

Not for nothing: What did we do with that 3rd round pick? Move up to get Edmunds? If he progresses the way he should, the Taylor deal cannot help but be remembered fondly.

1 hour ago, GoPre said:

Found this on twobillsdrive.  Bills may be trying to bring Mack to Buffalo.  Sounds like it's not likely to happen.  But something to keep an eye on. 

https://twitter.com/jchenelly/status/1032943009481011200

This guy is just taking the info LaConfora put out that the Bills are one of the teams eager to pursue Mack if he shakes loose. But it’s nice to know we’re likely involved.

Up front when Steve Tasker asked Brandon Beane about Mack’s holdout he laughed and said “I’ll put a call in.”

Edited by Hoss

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

My disagreement aside, I do think "unwisely" is what's needed there. The level of regret that can be summoned over moving on from an (allegedly) "adequate" quarterback is mystifying to me.

Not for nothing: What did we do with that 3rd round pick? Move up to get Edmunds? If he progresses the way he should, the Taylor deal cannot help but be remembered fondly.

Because plenty of us want to see a capable quarterback under center while Josh Allen (hopefully) learns.  I mean, if Taylor is good enough for Baker Mayfield to sit behind and learn, which is the plan in Cleveland surely he's good enough to do the same in Buffalo with Allen.

I'm always going to fondly remember TT for the playoff drought being over, and him being a great person/teammate. 

I'm so glad we don't have to watch him "be a capable quarterback" ever again, though. 

In 4 quarters of football, the guy passed for 65 yards and 56 yards in two separate games. This is the 2018 National Football League. That is almost unbelievable, and certainly unacceptable from the QB position. We got 45% completion and 130 yards in the playoff game. 

I understand the positives TT brings to the field, but I cannot be angry at a team deciding to move on from this, to try and get an actual passing QB. He's not going to teach Allen anything about passing that somebody else can easily fill in.

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Because plenty of us want to see a capable quarterback under center while Josh Allen (hopefully) learns.  I mean, if Taylor is good enough for Baker Mayfield to sit behind and learn, which is the plan in Cleveland surely he's good enough to do the same in Buffalo with Allen.

Well, Cleveland isn't really a good example of a sound organization that makes good decisions.

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm always going to fondly remember TT for the playoff drought being over, and him being a great person/teammate. 

I'm so glad we don't have to watch him "be a capable quarterback" ever again, though. 

In 4 quarters of football, the guy passed for 65 yards and 56 yards in two separate games. This is the 2018 National Football League. That is almost unbelievable, and certainly unacceptable from the QB position. We got 45% completion and 130 yards in the playoff game. 

I understand the positives TT brings to the field, but I cannot be angry at a team deciding to move on from this, to try and get an actual passing QB. He's not going to teach Allen anything about passing that somebody else can easily fill in.

While I continue to think that TT was generally underappreciated, and that he didn't really get a fair shot here, since his teams for the 1st 2 years were coached by a buffoon who was mailing it in and since once Harvin got hurt in TT's first year here, TT never had even a decent group of receivers to work with, I can't dispute McD's and Beane's conclusion that it was time to move on from TT.  There were quite a few games during TT's tenure here where he was simply unable to produce any offense whatsoever.

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

Wait a second. I think capable is a notch or two above adequate. Don't move those goal posts on me.

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

A' frickin men.

22 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, Cleveland isn't really a good example of a sound organization that makes good decisions.

I was gonna respond with words to this effect. The fact that Cleveland decided Taylor was a good option for a bridge/mentor QB isn't really an endorsement of any kind. That same Cleveland FO tried and hilariously failed to secure McCarron for what would have been a similar role -- I'd read it was because they were too busy chest bumping each other and such. So, basically, Cleveland's incompetence led to the Bills' having opportunities to sign McCarron and secure the 3rd round's top pick for Taylor.

Question:  I don't like to get wasted, but I really want to try the folding table thing.  Am I allowed?  Those of you who know my general physical condition, it it advisable?  (I am concerned that I'm not heavy enough to go through the table.)

17 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Question:  I don't like to get wasted, but I really want to try the folding table thing.  Am I allowed?  Those of you who know my general physical condition, it it advisable?  (I am concerned that I'm not heavy enough to go through the table.)

You'll be in traction on Monday 

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

You're really going to want to be wasted before trying it.

54 minutes ago, inkman said:

You'll be in traction on Monday 

Because of this.

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

I’ve met you in person.  I’d say you’re capable, but be careful.

I’ve met you online.  I’d give the same advice to the folding table.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.