Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

3 hours ago, WildCard said:

McDermott says Allen will not need surgery. So at least there's that

To be clear, he said he won’t need surgery at this point.

He also said he won’t prognosticate but only went as far as saying “there’s a chance” he returns this season.

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Peterman should be cut once Allen is healthy. The Bills should draft another 1st round qb. Keep doing it until you get a good one. 

With how long it sounds like he’s out for they need to sign a second free agent and cut Peterman.

21 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Can the Bills - Pats MNF game get flexed out? Please tell me it can

No

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Peterman should be cut once Allen is healthy. The Bills should draft another 1st round qb. Keep doing it until you get a good one. 

Agreed, but I don't think there's any way they'd do that.

Is the Oregon kid gonna be good? I haven't seena  single snap from him, but I've seen him talked about quite a bit recently. 

26 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Agreed, but I don't think there's any way they'd do that.

Is the Oregon kid gonna be good? I haven't seena  single snap from him, but I've seen him talked about quite a bit recently. 

I've seen 2 Oregon games. He didn't wow me in either. I didn't scrutinize every play like I did with Allen's first 4 games last season, but I was watching a little. Oregon kid seemed fine, missed on some throws, made some throws. I hated Allen from the 3rd week I watched him.

tweet.thumb.JPG.2d290e475e5a529a169e455e0da6f542.JPG

@inkman @That Aud Smell McD is just ahead of the game ?

The tweet is interesting though. I hate the lack of "field position battle" that the game has now, not that I want it to be like it was half a century ago. But when the 7th most productive QB of the week before the 4pm games even start has 375 yards and 2TDs, and average ones getting to midfield from being pinned at the goal line in like 5 plays routinely...it's not that fun to watch to be honest

And say what you want about the luck involved in turnovers, but when I watch the bills, they always seem to know what they're doing when they're creating turnovers. There's some skill to it, and we have guys that have the skill. Hughes' strip sacks, Edmunds, Milano, Poyer and Hyde. 

Wasting the 3rd DVOA defense this season (INCLUDING the first two games). Not that I know what DVOA means

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Wasting the 3rd DVOA defense this season (INCLUDING the first two games). Not that I know what DVOA means

Defense-adjusted value over average, it's Football Outsiders' secret formula for adjusting stats based on the teams played against in an attempt to make things more comparable, since no one plays the same schedule.

Speaking of how good the defense has been, I ran some numbers.

For the first 6 quarters, the Bills were allowing an average of 50 points per game and 438 yards per game.

For the 18 quarters since, the Bills have been allowing 14 points per game and 270 yards per game.

And even with the atrocious first 6 quarters, the Bills and the Jags are the only teams not to allow a 300-yard passing game.

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

tweet.thumb.JPG.2d290e475e5a529a169e455e0da6f542.JPG

@inkman @That Aud Smell McD is just ahead of the game ?

The tweet is interesting though. I hate the lack of "field position battle" that the game has now, not that I want it to be like it was half a century ago. But when the 7th most productive QB of the week before the 4pm games even start has 375 yards and 2TDs, and average ones getting to midfield from being pinned at the goal line in like 5 plays routinely...it's not that fun to watch to be honest

And say what you want about the luck involved in turnovers, but when I watch the bills, they always seem to know what they're doing when they're creating turnovers. There's some skill to it, and we have guys that have the skill. Hughes' strip sacks, Edmunds, Milano, Poyer and Hyde. 

That is a very interesting tweet, and I think it's accurate.  I also think the Bills do a good job of that, but the D's efforts are wasted by an offense led by some combination of a raw rookie and a sh*tty sophomore, no good receivers, a tight end who sometimes drops, and an all-pro running back who is aging.

EDIT: Oh, and an offensive line that turns that phrase into a double-entendre.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

That is a very interesting tweet, and I think it's accurate.  I also think the Bills do a good job of that, but the D's efforts are wasted by an offense led by some combination of a raw rookie and a sh*tty sophomore, no good receivers, a tight end who sometimes drops, and an all-pro running back who is aging.

You forgot the mediocre at best O Line.

10 hours ago, Eleven said:

EDIT: Oh, and an offensive line that turns that phrase into a double-entendre.

Once we get to the point where you're not longer allowed to touch any player on the offense, you pretty much have to focus on making interceptions, right?

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Browns send Carlos Hyde to Jacksonville

And of course True has Chubb in our fantasy league 

@TomPelissero
The #Jaguars are trading a fifth-round pick to the #Browns for Carlos Hyde, source said.

I was checking my phone real quick before a nap, saw the news, and grabbed him. Then yes, I took my nap. It was a good Friday! 

Haaaaa I dropped him because (A) I honestly don't know who he is (B) he sucked on my team, and (C) I suck at fantasy football. 

I love the competition with Y'all on here, that's why I still play the thing, but I can't remember any season I have been less interested in than this one. 

The circus that is buffalo sports has officially gotten to me, I really hope the Sabres don't get me to that critical point, but I do enjoy hockey more as a sport, so that should help immensely. 

What on earth do we expect from Anderson? Miserable dreck? Denver-Orton 2014? Detroit-Orton (both in the Lions and Jets games there)? 

I do not want Hyde returning punts

I'm excited to see Milano's growth and Edmunds' continued progression. I want to see Hughes' elite season and that of Lorax and Tre continue as well. 

I want the offense to score some damn points.

Go Bills!

Edited by Randall Flagg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.