Trade Deadline Deals 2018 (Non-Sabres Thread)

Brawndo

flyers get their goalie and it isn't Lehner

#Flyers have acquired Petr Mrazek from Detroit for two picks, a fourth and a third.

######

Full deal

UPDATE: The Detroit #RedWings have traded G Petr Mrazek to the Philadelphia Flyers for a conditional 4th round pick in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft and a conditional 3rd round pick in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft.

I actually don't mind the combination of Ullmark and Lehner next year. Let the best swede win!

No. Leaner must be jettisoned.

Don't even care about the typo.

It's kinda apropos given how badly he covers the post.

"Learner" would be ironic. He seems to have the physical tools to be good but he just makes a lot of bad positional mistakes; something that a coach could normally correct I'd think.

#Flyers have acquired Petr Mrazek from Detroit for two picks, a fourth and a third.

######

Full deal

UPDATE: The Detroit #RedWings have traded G Petr Mrazek to the Philadelphia Flyers for a conditional 4th round pick in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft and a conditional 3rd round pick in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft.

4th turns into a 3rd if they make playoffs and into a 2nd if mrazek plays 6 playoff games and flyers reach ECF.

######

Full deal

Sounds to me like the Flyers made a smart move and kept their higher picks to make another move... like for Kane. 

It's been reported there is no market for him. I do not understand the incredulity about this on this forum.

Let's be real though.  There are a multitude of things that get reported.  Let's say Snow gives a ring to his favorite TSN reporter and says... Hey, TSN Guy... Here's what's going on.  We're looking at options at goaltender. I'm not hearing that Lehner's name is on anyone's list.  If you could get that out there on the market I have an update on Tavares for you as well.

Let's not kid ourselves into thinking that situations like that don't occur all the time.  Perhaps the parties are both complicit in the distribution of questionably accurate information and perhaps it's just the game playing by the GMs.. either way it's perfectly acceptable to believe that everything that is said is not 100% accurate.

Sounds to me like the Flyers made a smart move and kept their higher picks to make another move... like for Kane. 

Hextall was on Sportsnet today and said he has not been discussing picking up ANY big name players at the deadline. He could be lying of course but it sounded like all the Philly/Buffalo rumors were all bs. he also said in his opinion the prices right now were way too high to even consider it. 

This deadline is a test for Botterill. Hope he isn't going to blow it by over valuing our pile of rubbish. 

Hextall was on Sportsnet today and said he has not been discussing picking up ANY big name players at the deadline. He could be lying of course but it sounded like all the Philly/Buffalo rumors were all bs. he also said in his opinion the prices right now were way too high to even consider it. 

This deadline is a test for Botterill. Hope he isn't going to blow it by over valuing our pile of rubbish. 

I suppose it's normal to bring the focus locally but the reality is that this game happens every trade deadline.  We're a bit more attuned to it this year because the team still sucks and there is a big name tied to the trade board in Kane.  Hextall is playing the game and I highly doubt he's had no discussion of picking up big name players, whatever he defines those as being.  

There's a varying degree of what people would find acceptable as a return for Kane.  The reality is that if he won't sign here then ANYTHING is acceptable or else he walks for free.  The math is easy, 0% of acquiring an NHL asset versus anything greater than 0% chance.

If Kane goes for a 4th round pick now and he could have gone for a 4th round pick in December there is no net change in what the Sabres receive in terms of future considerations.  Botterill gained having a body on the roster for a few more months to keep people in Rochester as he wanted.

By the way, by picking up Mrazek it allows the Flyers to move someone like Neuvirth in a trade.  The Sabres acquiring Neuvirth as part of a trade package for Kane allows them to potentially move Lehner to another team who doesn't have a goalie to send back.  Pure speculation of course but the possibility is there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.