Trade Deadline Deals 2018 (Non-Sabres Thread)

Brawndo

TRADE:

To #Rangers:

F John Albert

D Hubert Labrie

To #Capitals:

F Adam Chapie

F Joe Whitney

I thought I was a hockey Uber-nerd, but I am clearly slipping.

I can’t ever recall a trade involving four guys I have never heard of.

MAYBE someone else remembers this?

Absolutely. I thought that kid grew up to be Casey Middelstadt. Edited by Mick O’Manly

I would have to be desperate to take a goalie on at the deadline. I don't think Snow is desperate.

they just lost to the Sabres this week. How much more desperate can a team get?

Last night they had to have a miracle happen and score 4 goals on a minute PP just to get back into a game to win in OT.

Picking up a goalie at the deadline isn't going to just this team or make them worse

I would have to be desperate to take a goalie on at the deadline. I don't think Snow is desperate.

Some Jets fans are wondering if Chevy should pick up a backup goaltender with Mason and Hutchinson out with concussions and Comrie not showing well his last game in the bigs.

Some Jets fans are wondering if Chevy should pick up a backup goaltender with Mason and Hutchinson out with concussions and Comrie not showing well his last game in the bigs.

The Leafs could be a good trading partner for that purpose.  They've a few extras lying about right now.

We aren’t making a deal with the Leafs. The only way we make a deal with them is some kind of 3 way deal in which the Leafs don’t know we are involved until after the fact. Such as Tor sends JVR to Edm and then they send him to us later in the day.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

We aren’t making a deal with the Leafs. The only way we make a deal with them is some kind of 3 way deal in which the Leafs don’t know we are involved until after the fact. Such as Tor sends JVR to Edm and then they send him to us later in the day.

I was referring to the Leafs and Jets trading.  

Keep in mind as we approach the deadline, Sabres deals can be posted to this thread but discussion of them should be in a dedicated thread. So if you want to be first and post a tweet saying we traded X that is fine. Follow it up by starting a thread which says who was traded for what. Discussion of that trade can then occur there and keep this thread free for more immediate updates from around the league. 

Edited by SkuggaLiger

Keep in mind as we approach the deadline, Sabres deals can be posted to this thread but discussion of them should be in a dedicated thread. So if you want to be first and post a tweet saying we traded X that is fine. Follow it up by starting a thread which says who was traded for what. Discussion of that trade can then occur there and keep this thread free for more immediate updates from around the league.

RULEZ!

I'll be honest, I don't get the point of this trade.

Same here. Shore appears to be a bottom 3 guy at best, Gaborik is pretty much finished at this point, Phaneuf is worse than ever, and Nate Thompson also sucks.

Gaborik has 3 years left at a $4.875M cap hit

Phaneuf has 3 years left at a $7M cap hit. He has $18.5M left on that deal salary wise, so 75% of that is $14.0625M. Over 3 years that cap hit is $4.69M. Ottawa eats the remaining 25%, or $4.6875M. Over 3 years that cap hit is $1.5625M

Add that to the Gaborik contract we have, and Ottawa ends up with $6.44M in cap hits

So, Gaborik and $6.44M in cap hits over the next 3 years for the Senators

And

Phaneuf and $4.69M in cap hits over the next 3 years for LA

Looks like to me, LA made some cap room

Edited by Jokertecken

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.