Trade Deadline Deals 2018 (Non-Sabres Thread)

Brawndo

Full deal

Trade alert: The #NJDevils  have acquired forwards Christoph Bertschy and Mario Lucia from the Minnesota Wild in exchange for defenseman Viktor Loov.

Brodin had surgery and it out for 1 month. i suspect that is why this happened

I’m not a bouncy ball fan, but judging from Twitter Reaction to all the deals going down as a Hockey Fan I’m jealous.

The Cavs literally just traded away their entire roster, outside of LeBron and Love. That'd be like the Penguins flipping the entire team and keeping Malkin and Crosby. It's insane 

The Cavs literally just traded away their entire roster, outside of LeBron and Love. That'd be like the Penguins flipping the entire team and keeping Malkin and Crosby. It's insane 

Don't really follow the NBA much, but it seems that the Cavs are a mess right now.  They have given up this year and it looks like a two horse race in the East.

Don't really follow the NBA much, but it seems that the Cavs are a mess right now.  They have given up this year and it looks like a two horse race in the East.

They're a mess, but they just mortgaged everything for this year honestly. They know LeBron's gone after this year, and decided to make one last push

Snow says he is fine with his current goaltending tandem "Halak perform.s well in the playoffs and was one of the best in the world cup last year, and Greiss was the reason the did well I the playoffs 2 years ago" (not his exact words but pretty close)

This is from a goaltender who played in an era where they had to wear masks. Does anyone remember him having issues with taking too many snapshots to the helmet? May want to sue his old helmet manufacturer. He may be the only one who thinks their tandem works (and I'm including Halak and Griess)

Snow says he is fine with his current goaltending tandem "Halak perform.s well in the playoffs and was one of the best in the world cup last year, and Greiss was the reason the did well I the playoffs 2 years ago" (not his exact words but pretty close)

This is from a goaltender who played in an era where they had to wear masks. Does anyone remember him having issues with taking too many snapshots to the helmet? May want to sue his old helmet manufacturer. He may be the only one who thinks their tandem works (and I'm including Halak and Griess)

Trading for goalies at the deadline never works out though. The team has played all season in front of these guys so they know their strengths and weaknesses and have developed chemistry with them. You plug a new goalie in with new habits and new problems and you're asking for trouble.

I think it's better to stick with the goalies you have.

Trading for goalies at the deadline never works out though. The team has played all season in front of these guys so they know their strengths and weaknesses and have developed chemistry with them. You plug a new goalie in with new habits and new problems and you're asking for trouble.

I think it's better to stick with the goalies you have.

I think this is a different situation though. Both goalies are playing poorly and I doubt they get much worse trading for an upgrade. Sticking with them will almost guarantee an early exit from the playoffs, if they even make it there.

I think this is a different situation though. Both goalies are playing poorly and I doubt they get much worse trading for an upgrade. Sticking with them will almost guarantee an early exit from the playoffs, if they even make it there.

I would have to be desperate to take a goalie on at the deadline. I don't think Snow is desperate.

I would have to be desperate to take a goalie on at the deadline. I don't think Snow is desperate.

Really?

His team sits last in goals allowed and near first in goals scored.  He has 3 UFA D for next season and 4 UFA forwards (of which 2 are his top scorers).  He has to surpass Columbus or Philadelphia to get into the playoffs and you know both of those teams will upgrade at the deadline.

He has two moves.  Upgrade his goaltending or write a twitter post to the fan base about how they'll try again next year after hopefully signing John Tavares.  I am sure Tavares will be ecstatic to see his GM squander a chance at the playoffs by not upgrading goaltending, especially when there are goaltenders available, including one who just beat his team last night.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.