GDT: Ducks at Sabres 2-6-18 7p ET

pi2000

College basketball time. Bona, Niagara, Canisius, and UB having maybe their best combined season forever. 

It may be a good year but the best combined year was 1970, UB went to the final 4 in Division II led by Randy Smith who also was an All American in soccer

St. Bonaventure went to the final 4 led by Bob Lanier

Niagara made it to the top 16 led by Calvin Murphy

Here we go again!

I'm totally ambivalent to this team at this point.  I've got bystander interest in them.  Ultimately, because it's hockey, I care.  Overall, because it's the Sabres, I care.  Taken as a slice of time (this game, this season) I just can't care.

I watch because it's hockey and on the off-chance it is entertaining.  I watch so I can converse about it on here with everyone.  At this point, the conversation and debates here hold more value to me than the performance of the team.

So, let's go Buffalo.  Another GDT to spark some conversation.

Kylo-wan Okposi: I understand you are quite a sniper yourself. Sniping and passing aren't hereditary, but a number of things that can combine to make a good first-line center are. Those you may have inherited. Still, even a Duck has to be taught to swim.

Jack Skyeichel: What's a Duck?

Okposi: A single unit of a once-mighty team, often arrayed in a V-formation. Something you must confront tonight.

Skyeichel: Are we still even in the same reference?

Okposi: No. You're right.... Let's see...You've taken your first step into a larger world.

Based on your location being The Republic of California I can't help but wonder which team you want to go?   ;)

The GDT start is awesome.  Directly to the point.

I have a good feeling about this one.

GO SABRES!!

I have some friends in the Ducks organization.  I hope ANA losses in dramatic fashion.

That said, I have a dentist appoint at 7p ET which will probably be more enjoyable than watching this sh*t show.   

Based on your location being The Republic of California I can't help but wonder which team you want to go?   ;)

The GDT start is awesome.  Directly to the point.

I have a good feeling about this one.

GO SABRES!!

And where does this feeling emanate?   :ph34r:

NS's optimism knows no bounds and therefore is not to be trusted.

I have some friends in the Ducks organization.  I hope ANA losses in dramatic fashion.

That said, I have a dentist appoint at 7p ET which will probably be more enjoyable than watching this sh*t show.   

Enjoy your time at the dentist.

NS's optimism knows no bounds and therefore is not to be trusted.

This is not far off the mark at all.

:w00t:

It may be a good year but the best combined year was 1970, UB went to the final 4 in Division II led by Randy Smith who also was an All American in soccer

St. Bonaventure went to the final 4 led by Bob Lanier

Niagara made it to the top 16 led by Calvin Murphy

You're right! 

I don't recall 1970 myself as I was born in January that year and had other things on mind I guess. :-)

Just heard there’s not a waiting list anymore for season tickets.

Nice! It will be interesting to see what changes will be made now that they've lost their safety net for putting a bad product on the ice. Now losing STHs will actually carry the risk of lost revenue. I'll go ahead and make the bold prediction that there will be no price increases next season or they'll be increased the absolute bare minimum to maintain whatever parameters exist to qualify for small market revenue sharing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.