GDT Sabres at Canucks 1-25-18 10 PM MSG GR

Brawndo

Really don't understand why Kane isn't the LW on the 2nd line...perhaps PH wants to balance out the lines? That would work if Kane could act as a driver but he needs to play with skilled players to succeed. He's had 2 assists this month, that's real bad. Put him on with ROR and let him rack up points, having him on the 3rd line is killing his trade value.

I agree. If he was going to put Kane on the 3rd line he should have done it when Reinhart was playing 3rd line center.

Too much of a loser to be a Chad. Dude is a neckbeard for sure

Getting into pedantics here but I equate Chads and Neckbeards as equal but different types of losers. I'd call him a neckbeard if he was rocking a neckbeard and fedora.

Chad's are Type A personalities to a T, rule abiders who make bureaucrats come off as easy to deal with. Neckbeards are self-serving slobs.

Too much of a loser to be a Chad. Dude is a neckbeard for sure

He's a Jeff.

A Chad is your stereotypical quarterback/lifeguard/protein powder swilling Alpha. A neckbeard is your emotionally weedy "nice" guy, coated in a fine layer of cheeto dust and lives on reddit's MRA forums.

I'm gonna say he's a Jeff- you'll find Jeffs in the gas station wild eyed at odd hours, Monster tattoo from their teenage years displayed prominently, talking up about the time they spent a week in county jail for decking another dad at their kid's little league game. They'll refer to their girlfriend/wife as "baby girl" or "old lady" and have dualie tires on their truck and at least one of their daily items (knife, wallet, phone, chew/flask) decked out in camo. 

He's a Jeff.

A Chad is your stereotypical quarterback/lifeguard/protein powder swilling Alpha. A neckbeard is your emotionally weedy "nice" guy, coated in a fine layer of cheeto dust and lives on reddit's MRA forums.

I'm gonna say he's a Jeff- you'll find Jeffs in the gas station wild eyed at odd hours, Monster tattoo from their teenage years displayed prominently, talking up about the time they spent a week in county jail for decking another dad at their kid's little league game. They'll refer to their girlfriend/wife as "baby girl" or "old lady" and have dualie tires on their truck and at least one of their daily items (knife, wallet, phone, chew/flask) decked out in camo.

Lmao

He's a Jeff.

Post of the day by far.

Up next: match your favourite Sabrespacer with the right Chad/Jeff/neckbeard category.

Edited by Mick O’Manly

He's a Jeff.

Hey! They don't sell my chew in anything but camo! And I will not be associated with any of these douchey names. I prefer boy.

...well, not anymore, unfortunately.

He's a Jeff.

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night? This was... inspired.

Really don't understand why Kane isn't the LW on the 2nd line...perhaps PH wants to balance out the lines? That would work if Kane could act as a driver but he needs to play with skilled players to succeed.

I'm blown away that this didn't get challenged.  All we heard from the lineup critics all season was that Kane needed to be separated from Jack because Kane was too much of a driver and needed to play with passengers to spread the wealth around.

He's a Jeff.

Jeff works.  Geoff is even better.  Better still, Troy.  Or Rusty.

I'm blown away that this didn't get challenged. All we heard from the lineup critics all season was that Kane needed to be separated from Jack because Kane was too much of a driver and needed to play with passengers to spread the wealth around.

Kane needs talent on his lines to succeed, the criticism of kane with eichel was that he has low hockey iq and would rip low percentagr shots that would end up going high and wide and careem out of the zone. Playung with larsson and pomenville isnt working for kane.

Edited by Mustasch av gud

OK, Randall and others, here's the deal.

I will define "western swing" as a stretch of consecutive road games including and west of Colorado. So, no Winnipeg (or Richards ho ho).

How many times has the Sabres franchise won three straight games on a western swing? More than you might expect.

(Almost pulled it off in Season One when they went 2-0-1 in LA (tie), California and Vancouver.)

78-79: Colorado, Vancouver, LA

93-94: Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

97-98: Calgary, Vancouver, Edmonton

03-04: LA, Anaheim, Colorado

11-12: Anaheim, SJ, Vancouver

An interesting tidbit is that during the Presidents' Trophy season of 06-07, the Sabres didn't play a game west of Chicago.

Edited by PASabreFan

Kane needs talent on his lines to succeed, the criticism of kane with eichel was that he has low hockey iq and would rip low percentagr shots that would end up going high and wide and careem out of the zone. Playung with larsson and pomenville isnt working for kane.

That is a VERY finely focused interpretation of the criticism. 

I knight the , Spin Doctor.

Reading the article: I totally had a flash of intuition that there was/is a love triangle going on there -- perhaps unbeknownst to Mr. Nilsson.

Interesting. My spidey sense told me that Lehner had all the hair swept up and put in a plastic Tops bag for him to keep. For what purpose, I don't know.

Also, this pretty much confirms he's crazy. What sane goaltender makes a change like this after a shutout?

That is a VERY finely focused interpretation of the criticism.

I knight the , Spin Doctor.

I wouldn't call it very finely focused. Kane's hockey sense and shot selection were MAJOR reasons many of us wanted him off Jack's line. On the other hand, plenty of us did want him driving his own line. Hell, I still do. Well, if he decides to un-quit on the team, anyway.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.