GDT: Sabres @ Oilers, 9pm ET, 1/23/2018 MSG

LGR4GM

I'm actually looking forward to tonight's game.  I guess that's what a one game winning streak does.  And yes, for this years' team, I consider one win in a row as a streak.

Frankly, the Sabres already have more points on this roadie than I thought they would when it started.

Edited by Tondas

There HAS to be something to it. He hasn't been a world beater in his limited ice time, but he's looked better than at least 3 guys that have gotten regular ice time this year.

They already have Gorges in the press box. Unless he caught the flu that Josefson & Antipin had, it would appear they already have A D-man to sit in the press box. They don't need a 2nd one.

I have a feeling Gorges is done. I thought he was just horrible the last game he played

Way to bring reality back to this, Debbie Downer. :angry:

:P

I just don't understand why there is zero tolerance for his mistakes. I actually liked how they were bringing him along earlier in the year, focusing on sheltering him and playing him more at home than away. I thought it made sense to help with his transition, and it signaled a willingness to work through things over the long haul. But man, I don't know if something changed or if I just completely misread the signal, but there's clearly not a willingness to let him learn through playing.

I just don't understand why there is zero tolerance for his mistakes. I actually liked how they were bringing him along earlier in the year, focusing on sheltering him and playing him more at home than away. I thought it made sense to help with his transition, and it signaled a willingness to work through things over the long haul. But man, I don't know if something changed or if I just completely misread the signal, but there's clearly not a willingness to let him learn through playing.

No idea what it was that made him persona non grata, but he's been there since at least mid-November.

Kinda stinks as he seems to have potential. If he really does, they have a really cheap #4 already in the system. If he doesn't, eh, nothing hugely lost; but considering they NEVER play him they xan't possibly know.

And if they trade him as has been rumored, can they even get a 5th for him? The season is lost. Play the guy & find out what they have. He must have done something or else Housley has a serious anti-Soviet bias. (Went w/ that because pretty sure Victor isn't Russian.)

Python 2.7.6 (default, Oct 26 2016, 20:30:19)
[GCC 4.8.4] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import random
>>> print(random.choice(list(open('roch_dmen.txt'))))
Tennyson

That ^ don't look right. 

Could just be my computer

No, you're right. I think pi needs to update his python packages, the version is behind my RHEL 7.4 system.

[bettman@guylafleur 1017 /home/bettman/lotto-management/]$$ python
Python 2.7.5 (default, May  3 2017, 07:55:04)
[GCC 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-14)] on linux2
>>> import random
>>> random.choice(list(open('nhl17thru31.txt')))
>>> print("Edmonton")
Edmonton

No, you're right. I think pi needs to update his python packages, the version is behind my RHEL 7.4 system.

[bettman@guylafleur 1017 /home/bettman/lotto-management/]$$ python
Python 2.7.5 (default, May  3 2017, 07:55:04)
[GCC 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-14)] on linux2
>>> import random
>>> random.choice(list(open('nhl17thru31.txt')))
>>> print("Edmonton")
Edmonton

I'd prefer it in R

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.