GDT: Sabres @ Oilers, 9pm ET, 1/23/2018 MSG

LGR4GM

The consequences of tanking versus not tanking are not of having Eichel versus having Strome. Not-tanking doesn't change our standings position by 2 points, nobody knows what we'd look like now. Maybe instead of Reinhart, Eichel, and Nylander we have Ehlers, Werenski, and a lotto win giving us luck with a Matthews. Nobody knows what would have happened, though I'd comfortably bet everything I have that

a.) We'd be a much better team right now than one that is...still tank-bad

b.) Pro-tankers back in 2015 after the lotto would have bet anything they had that we wouldn't be in this position in 2018 (I was and can vouch for this personally)

But the point of the tank was to know. The issue wasn't tanking, it was rebuilding. Tim Murray thankfully is gone. Imagine Eichel, Boeser, Sergachev instead of Eichel lehner and Nylander. The tank was part 1 of a lot.

But the point of the tank was to know. The issue wasn't tanking, it was rebuilding. Tim Murray thankfully is gone. Imagine Eichel, Boeser, Sergachev instead of Eichel lehner and Nylander. The tank was part 1 of a lot.

It's almost as if you have a secret agenda to work Boeser into every thread just to spite me. :lol:

You guys think Sekera and Lucic ever talk about that one time Lucic steamrolled the sabres franchise goaltender and then Sekera gently guided Lucic to the end boards and said to him "hey man, not cool." To which Lucic replied "what are you gonna do about it, bitch?" To which Sekera said "hey, there's no need for name calling."

Ahh, good times.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.