GDT: Sabres @ Oilers, 9pm ET, 1/23/2018 MSG

LGR4GM

Because, God forbid, we play Antipin.

Darnell Nurse has been playing really well lately. Picking up the offense, so much so that he was promoted to PP1 unit. He went one pick before we took Risto in ‘13.

During a recent Oilers game I was watching, they said they put him on the PP1 unit because he was in a scoring funk and they were trying to jump-start him, and they remarked that it seemed to work.

Not sure which story is more accurate.

During a recent Oilers game I was watching, they said they put him on the PP1 unit because he was in a scoring funk and they were trying to jump-start him, and they remarked that it seemed to work.

Not sure which story is more accurate.

Let’s go with your story.. mine is from fantasy hockey blurbs :P

I figured it also had to do with Klefbom’s struggles this year.

Tennyson called up? Can he even get there in time? Does Phil not remember that, aside from Redmond, Tennyson was the worst player this team has iced this season? And that McCabe regularly makes more egregious gaffs than I've ever seen Antipin make?

Maybe Antipin plays and Tennyson is up "just in case."

I would love to hear the story of what got him shackled to the doghouse so thoroughly.

There HAS to be something to it. He hasn't been a world beater in his limited ice time, but he's looked better than at least 3 guys that have gotten regular ice time this year.

Maybe Antipin plays and Tennyson is up "just in case."

They already have Gorges in the press box. Unless he caught the flu that Josefson & Antipin had, it would appear they already have A D-man to sit in the press box. They don't need a 2nd one.

There HAS to be something to it. He hasn't been a world beater in his limited ice time, but he's looked better than at least 3 guys that have gotten regular ice time this year.

It could be something as mundane as Antipin was really someone XGMTM/DD wanted and JBot/HCPH doesn't want, and they're not quite sure what to do with him.

It could be something as mundane as Antipin was really someone XGMTM/DD wanted and JBot/HCPH doesn't want, and they're not quite sure what to do with him.

IF Botterill didn't want him, he didn't have to sign him. He'd been in charge for a while before Antipin signed. So, that doesn't really pass the plausibility test.

It was one of his first actions.  Maybe he felt, as a representative of the organEYEzation, that he had to honor the commitment made by the previous GM.

The Sabres weren't the only team looking to sign him. Botterill had no obligation to sign him & if he truly didn't want him, then signing him was a really foolish thing to do. NHL teams can only have 50 players under contract.

Especially considering how poorly this has worked out for Antipin, if Botterill did dign him as you suggest out of a sense of obligation it was an extremely shortsighted move as KHL FA's would be expected to think twice before considering an offer from the Sabres.

Why would Botterill, who seems to be taking a LT approach to how he operates, take such a significantly short sighted view towards Antipin? That makes even less sense than the fact that Housley has glued his butt to the pressbox (minus some damning incident that has to date remained private) when lesser players are given far more rope.

Tennyson had to be called up because you never go into a game without spare guys to draw on if you can help it.

If Gorges or Antipin isn’t ready they need another option.

If Antipin is healthy and Tennyson plays ahead of him though....

"Once Buffalo got healthier on the blue line, Tennyson went down to Rochester where he’s played 23 games with no points and was minus seven."

...yeah...playing Tennyson over Gorges or Antipin would certainly be a head scratcher. Maybe Phil knows something we don't. Hopefully Tennyson will only be up there as a body for the extra d slot as it seems like there's better D-men in rochester to choose from (unless you want the good players down there to keep playing down there).

Tennyson called up? Can he even get there in time? Does Phil not remember that, aside from Redmond, Tennyson was the worst player this team has iced this season? And that McCabe regularly makes more egregious gaffs than I've ever seen Antipin make?

Is it OK if I don't remember either Tennyson or Redmond? I think I do remember making a poet joke about Tennyson. Hmmm, that's something.

Is it OK if I don't remember either Tennyson or Redmond? I think I do remember making a poet joke about Tennyson. Hmmm, that's something.

Tennyson was singled out in a positive light multiple times by our coach, and played accordingly, despite appalling results. Redmond was your typical AHL d-man in over his head by the time the injuries get deep enough that you'd ever see him. Like Bergdorfer or Austin last year. 

To answer your question, yes - their play on the ice would be a burden on your memory so it's best for it to be flushed of them. And they didn't stay long enough for your lack of memory to be concerning medically. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

Tennyson was singled out in a positive light multiple times by our coach, and played accordingly, despite appalling results. Redmond was your typical AHL d-man in over his head by the time the injuries get deep enough that you'd ever see him. Like Bergdorfer or Austin last year. 

To answer your question, yes - their play on the ice would be a burden on your memory so it's best for it to be flushed of them. And they didn't stay long enough for your lack of memory to be concerning medically. 

I scored a 19 on the Moca test. Is that cause for concern?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.