John's Team  

46 members have voted

1. 1. His team will be...

• New York Islanders
    • NYI
    • San Jose
    • Tampa
    • Toronto

Sorry but JT is coming to Winnipeg to play between Laine and Ehlers boys. 100 point seasons are on their way...

1.25 USD exchange rate and he is smiling all the way to the bank.

Seriously though, if he doesn't re-sign, I think he goes to a contender which makes me question reports of him talking with Dallas. I just hope he does't go to TO...the fans would be unbearable.

Toronto supposedly is offering an one year max cap deal of 15.1 Million

A Dark Horse Team is Tampa, JT is close with Stamkos and Yzerman told The Athletic they are willing to move some money around for the right free agent.

The team is loaded with players with NTCs and NMCs so it will not be an easy task.

Callahan, Johnson and Palat would be the most logical candidates to be traded, the problem is all have NTCs.

RFAs who need new contracts are JT Miller, Paquette and Erne.

Miller would be a nice target for the Sabres.

Toronto supposedly is offering an one year max cap deal of 15.1 Million

A Dark Horse Team is Tampa, JT is close with Stamkos and Yzerman told The Athletic they are willing to move some money around for the right free agent.

The team is loaded with players with NTCs and NMCs so it will not be an easy task.

Callahan, Johnson and Palat would be the most logical candidates to be traded, the problem is all have NTCs.

RFAs who need new contracts are JT Miller, Paquette and Erne.

Miller would be a nice target for the Sabres.

Part of me doesn't want Tampa to get him because they're in our division, but the other part of me desperately hopes they do so we have a shot at some of their players they'd have to move. Palat, Johnson, Miller, Killorn...I'll gladly take any of them.

Per Arthur Staple

Tavares list just about finalized, it appears.

Leafs, Sharks, Stars are in, as mentioned a couple days ago. Believe the Bruins are in as well.

Canadiens and Vegas not on the list as of now.

#Isles will get in there too, of course.

No Tampa as of now

Now Tampa is listed

Per Staple

Sounds like Tampa and/or Nashville could round out Tavares’ list of visitors starting Monday. Might end up being six teams instead of five, plus #Isles.

*immediately goes to Nashville's depth chart to see who we could acquire to help them free up cap space*

On a pure hockey note, I think that would be a great landing spot for Tavares. Stacked blue line, great wingers, and he pushes every center on the roster down to where they belong.

*immediately goes to Nashville's depth chart to see who we could acquire to help them free up cap space*

On a pure hockey note, I think that would be a great landing spot for Tavares. Stacked blue line, great wingers, and he pushes every center on the roster down to where they belong.

Tavares going to the Pres. Trophy winners would be insane. 

Arvidsson - Johansen - Forsberg (don't split up the line that works the best)

Fiala - Tavares - Tolvanen

Sissons - Turris - Watson

Hartman - Bonino - Jarnkrok

That's a top 3 center unit in the league, with a top 5 winger, another 30 goal guy, and a prospect with unbelievable scoring power. 

No need to list the star-studded defense. 

And Tavares is known for turning meh and borderline-nhl guys into 60-70 point scorers (Parenteau and Moulson both got in the 60s and never touched 40 without him IIRC)

Tavares going to the Pres. Trophy winners would be insane. 

Arvidsson - Johansen - Forsberg (don't split up the line that works the best)

Fiala - Tavares - Tolvanen

Sissons - Turris - Watson

Hartman - Bonino - Jarnkrok

That's a top 3 center unit in the league, with a top 5 winger, another 30 goal guy, and a prospect with unbelievable scoring power. 

No need to list the star-studded defense. 

And Tavares is known for turning meh and borderline-nhl guys into 60-70 point scorers (Parenteau and Moulson both got in the 60s and never touched 40 without him IIRC)

How would Nashville fit him in, they can for one year if they jettison both of their RFAs but otherwise they have 12mil in total space as of this time.

How would Nashville fit him in, they can for one year if they jettison both of their RFAs but otherwise they have 12mil in total space as of this time.

Pekka Rinne is the only player on the team with any sort of NMC and it’s modified, they can make it work if desired.

Same goes for the leafs, yeah they can offer thim the one year max deal of 15 mill.

But any long torm deal will surely result in losing one of Mathews, Nylander , Marner and maybe have to dump Kadri and still don't have a good defense.

By the way, has anyone else realized how screwed the Lightning are after next season?

UFAs:

1) Kucherov: 100pts $4.8M

2) Point: 66pts for $680k 

3) Gourde: 64pts for $1M

4) McDonagh

5) Stralman

6) Girardi

7) Coburn

So half their defense and 3 of their highest point producers will hit FA status of some kind. The forwards especially will need to be paid; they're going from about $7M in cap hits for 3 top 6 guys to probably around $18M or so.

i am going to be honest. if the sabres got JT, they could trade ROR for a solid Defenseman, and they would be a serious contender for the playoffs. I think the sabres are really only 1 or 2 good scorers and 1 defenseman away from being good and 2 years away from being really good (giving eich, mittlestadt, and dahlin some time to develop further). i think ROR is probably a problem in the clubhouse or at least there is some contention between him and eichel.

i truly believe that ullmark is the goalie the future in buffalo. 

that being said, i think he will be in an islanders jersey next year

John Tavares met with the Toronto Maple Leafs and New York Islanders in Los Angeles on Monday, TSN reported.

The 27-year-old center can become an unrestricted free agent Sunday. He reportedly will meet with the San Jose Sharks and Boston Bruins on Tuesday, followed by the Tampa Bay Lightning and Dallas Stars on Wednesday.

Tavares will speak over the phone to an additional two or three teams, who could then earn an in-person meeting, TSN said.

Seems like its not just those 5 teams, but taking calls from 3 others to make a pitch as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.