Guhle and Ullmark Called Up

Brawndo

Well, everyone wants "something" to happen and so "something" is happening...

I mean, I have to admit that the thread title got me a bit excited even if it's nothing much in the end.  It's SOMETHING... :)

So, if Ullmark & Guhle were brought up, who was sent down/ to IR?

They already had 23 healthy bodies heading into last afternoon's game as IIRC Nolan, Falk, & Antipin were scratched. (3 were definitely scratched, pretty sure those were the 3.)

It seems likely that Lehner is going on IR.

Ullmark is clearly just an injury call-up. Guhle is a little more interesting. Although maybe we'll just find out someone else got hurt. It would be weird to carry so many defenders otherwise.

or that Antipin died of plague in Phil’s basement

They should replace the whole damn team. I bet Roch would beat Buf in a 7 game series.

If that were the case, every time the Sabres call someone up, that player should suddenly be nearly the best guy on the ice, no? The gap between the AHL and NHL is big. Matt Moulson had zero points in 14 games this year in Buffalo, and has 18 points in 13 games in Ontario.

So, if Ullmark & Guhle were brought up, who was sent down/ to IR?

They already had 23 healthy bodies heading into last afternoon's game as IIRC Nolan, Falk, & Antipin were scratched. (3 were definitely scratched, pretty sure those were the 3.)

Ya, Guhle and Ullmark make 25, so I guess if they both stay till gametime, 2 players go to IR. Lehner and Antipin I guess.

We have nothing to lose by playing Ullmark.  You'll never know what he's ready to do unless you play him.  It's not like we're in the fight, are ultra solid in the net, and are risk adverse.

I think we do. 

The team is in such bad shape its litterly sad to watch, putting Ullmark in net with this piece of garbage team doesnt feel fair at all, but then again

this is NHL, hockey at its best. Im happy for Ullmark getting the shot, but its not for the right reason.

I think we do. 

The team is in such bad shape its litterly sad to watch, putting Ullmark in net with this piece of garbage team doesnt feel fair at all, but then again

this is NHL, hockey at its best. Im happy for Ullmark getting the shot, but its not for the right reason.

The problem is goal support, not necessarily giving up tons of grade A scoring chances... I'm fine with giving Ullmark a game or two... he wants it and deserves it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.