Guhle and Ullmark Called Up

Brawndo

The problem is goal support, not necessarily giving up tons of grade A scoring chances... I'm fine with giving Ullmark a game or two... he wants it and deserves it.

Yea but i just think it would have been sweet if Ullmark with a now solid confidence was called up to a team with some confidence them selfs, you feel me.

But hey, im probably the one rooting hardest and always have for Ullmark+Sabres so im happy as fk for him personally whenever he gets the callup.

Yea but i just think it would have been sweet if Ullmark with a now solid confidence was called up to a team with some confidence them selfs, you feel me.

But hey, im probably the one rooting hardest and always have for Ullmark+Sabres so im happy as fk for him personally whenever he gets the callup.

You make a good point. Would be ideal if he was coming in to a better environment.

He sounds like he's in good place mentally, I enjoying listening to him speak. Less emotional than Lehner, more thoughtful and reflective. Very good demeanor for a goalie I'm excited for his future.

You make a good point. Would be ideal if he was coming in to a better environment.

He sounds like he's in good place mentally, I enjoying listening to him speak. Less emotional than Lehner, more thoughtful and reflective. Very good demeanor for a goalie I'm excited for his future.

I just hope jbot dont screw this up for him, then again Linus is a grown man now, he also needs to be able to hand situations like this and i bet this is why jbot is calling him up to see if that is true or not, but i believe as i said before that he really deserves to be playing with a good team with all the effort he has put down over the years to be in the state he is in.

Lets see how it goes, hopefully in one way he only sits on the bench.

Not sure there's anything JBott can do if Lehner is on IR. I would think Ullmark would be right pissed if they called up any goaltender except for him. I'm really rooting for this guy but if he gets lit up I don't see any other move JBott could have made.

Not sure there's anything JBott can do if Lehner is on IR. I would think Ullmark would be right pissed if they called up any goaltender except for him. I'm really rooting for this guy but if he gets lit up I don't see any other move JBott could have made.

i would be concerned the sabres horrible defense would stand around enjoying their easy bake ovens instead of playing defense and ullmark gets toasted and loses confidence. 

Edited by fettmanlitenkappa

That is a very real concern. But what is JBott suppose to do? Call up Adam Wilcox instead?

It's good to hear from you.

I saw a headline on CBC that there was a terrible fire in your town and I was fearing the worst.  When more details emerged I figured you were safe.  Horrible situation up there.

i would be concerned the sabres horrible defense would stand around enjoying their easy bake ovens instead of playing defense and ullmark gets toasted and loses confidence.

Loses confidence how? In himself? In the Sabres? Linus seems like a very stable guy. I doubt he’d go from being one of the top goalies in the A to a shattered man in the N just by having a few losses on a tire fire of a team. He’s so positive that I’d doubt he’d even lose confidence in the organization.

Take a deep breath, everyone. It will all be ok. I also expect both players to be back with the Amerks by the weekend. Jbots isn’t going to gut a winning team and disrupt development just to appease disgruntled fans. Both guys are needed in Rochester and they’ll be back to chase the Cup sooner than later.

Ya, Guhle and Ullmark make 25, so I guess if they both stay till gametime, 2 players go to IR. Lehner and Antipin I guess.

It's not a game time roster limit, it's a daily one.

If Lehner is hurt, could see the Ullmark callup as an "emergency" recall. But the Sabres had 8 healthy D the day of the Filly game. At least 1 move should've been necessary.

Per Wawrow

No plans as of yet for #Sabres  to keep Guhle beyond these next 2 games.

GM Botterill tells The AP team team will evaluate its health and D after break, before deciding on whether to bring Guhle back up.

Seriously? He needs more evaluation time for the defence?

Maybe we are tanking.

Seriously? He needs more evaluation time for the defence?

Maybe we are tanking.

Way too much invested in meaningless words.  I don't think he WANTS to bring Guhle up this year.  Evaluating the D could mean seeing what they have left after the break when they trade a few players and then deciding if they need to bring Guhle up.

I think trades that are made are going to include some throwaway player from the other team just to fill in the D and G spot so he can leave them in Rochester for this year.

Way too much invested in meaningless words.  I don't think he WANTS to bring Guhle up this year.  Evaluating the D could mean seeing what they have left after the break when they trade a few players and then deciding if they need to bring Guhle up.

I think trades that are made are going to include some throwaway player from the other team just to fill in the D and G spot so he can leave them in Rochester for this year.

Both Guhle and Ullmark need more time in the Rochester slow cooker.   

Guhle still looks lost at times in the d-zone, understandable.

Ullmark well, he made some good stops, but his rebound control was brutal and he was a little slow laterally... you can tell he's not used to NHL speed of play yet.    Has a promising future tho if he can take that next step. 

Both Guhle and Ullmark need more time in the Rochester slow cooker.   

Guhle still looks lost at times in the d-zone, understandable.

Ullmark well, he made some good stops, but his rebound control was brutal and he was a little slow laterally... you can tell he's not used to NHL speed of play yet.    Has a promising future tho if he can take that next step. 

While I think that you are right and they should go back to Rochester, the idea that Ullmark isn't up to NHL speed but will get there by going back to the AHL seems odd. 

I have loved Guhle. His speed and willingness to jump into the offensive zone is a breath of fresh air. Sure he looks like a rookie in the D zone but man, you can't teach that speed. Ullmark looked pretty good. Agree that rebound control was a bit of an issue and he got lucky with a couple of posts but one goal on 45 shots or whatever? That's still impressive. He sure looks like the goalie of the future. Saying that, let both guys finish the year in Roch with maybe one more late season callup. Keep them away from this tire fire.

Take a deep breath, everyone. It will all be ok. I also expect both players to be back with the Amerks by the weekend. Jbots isn’t going to gut a winning team and disrupt development just to appease disgruntled fans. Both guys are needed in Rochester and they’ll be back to chase the Cup sooner than later.

Russ might ask him to.

@WompFump
As expected, #Sabres have returned Linus Ullmark and Brendan Guhle to #Amerks. Ullmark made 44 saves in last night’s win over Columbus. No word on if either will be in the lineup tonight against Binghamton

Good. We can't have those guys messing up the tank. They're better off in Rochester this season to help them gear up for their playoff run.

@WompFump
As expected, #Sabres have returned Linus Ullmark and Brendan Guhle to #Amerks. Ullmark made 44 saves in last night’s win over Columbus. No word on if either will be in the lineup tonight against Binghamton

Excellent. Reward them with a taste but keep the team intact for success in Rochester. no chance of that in Buffalo this year.

Excellent. Reward them with a taste but keep the team intact for success in Rochester. no chance of that in Buffalo this year.

I wonder if the call up is more about slowing down the AHL game for them for a playoff run, than it was to reward them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.