World Juniors Game Thread

Eleven

I like the Danes’ uniforms.

They're not bad.

Thanks for reminding me! As an avid Team USA uniform hater, I love today's USA sweaters. I could do without the 10 patches and advertisements and the helmet logo still sucks, but the base sweater is beautiful.

They're not bad.

Thanks for reminding me! As an avid Team USA uniform hater, I love today's USA sweaters. I could do without the 10 patches and advertisements and the helmet logo still sucks, but the base sweater is beautiful.

Especially the Buffalo Sabres logo that is on the right shoulder. Why does team USA need our logo to remind them they are in Buffalo?

Middlestadt with some saucy mitts in that goal. Wow

I like Team USAs, too. Logos included. I don’t think the logos are there to remind the boys where they are. I think they’re there to remind the world who and where they are. I suspect someone paid for that, like everything else.

I don't understand why there's such a big gap between games. This US game could be on already.

They have to empty out the whole arena, clean it (so that someone else's up isn't in the cupholder for your seat; their peanut shells aren't in front of you, etc.) and then refill it with people.

I know that this is the procedure because I have witnessed it first-hand--not only today, when the guy sitting in front of me had to go downstairs and get back in line for the Canada game--but also every time we've hosted the NCAA basketball situation.

It's amazing that they're able to pull it off as quickly as they did today.

They're not bad.

There never should be ads on national team unis IMO, but the sweaters today are on point.  Not like the garbage Olympic ones.

ubkev's What to watch for:

Team USA thrashing Team Denmark.

Team Denmark having guys named Mats.

Edit: Mads, I meant Mads

I sat next to Mads Søgaard and Valdemar Ahlberg’s billet mom on my flight in this morning. Really fun lady, from Austin Minnesota (home of Spam).

I now know a lot about those two boys. Hoping they have fun this week even if they get destroyed tonight.

I sat next to Mads Søgaard and Valdemar Ahlberg’s billet mom on my flight in this morning. Really fun lady, from Austin Minnesota (home of Spam).

I now know a lot about those two boys. Hoping they have fun this week even if they get destroyed tonight.

That is pretty darn cool.

Penalty shot coming!

That penalty shot was...well, nice.

..."anyways, I just put an é on the end of it, pronounce it "deer-tay"

Up 6 and Jonesie still out there racing for pucks.

Risto was hanging around the Finn broadcast centre before and after an interview. My son got his autograph and a picture.

That game could have gone either way, Canada's first goal probably should not have counted in my opinion and Foote's save on the goal line looked in.

Luukonen looked OK, made some juice saves, he's huge.

Russia's starting goalie was a mess.

And I was on the Jumbotron wearing a commie sweater. (GF is Russian and bought Russia jerseys at the game.)

To the 1st sentence, how should he have been expected to stop any of those shots? His teammates are CERTAIN their own BL signifies Chernyobl's borders.

To the 2nd, can she explain what the non-Rush-EE-ah chant (figured that one out :p) that was working in the 1st 2 periods was?

Risto was hanging around the Finn broadcast centre before and after an interview. My son got his autograph and a picture.

That game could have gone either way, Canada's first goal probably should not have counted in my opinion and Foote's save on the goal line looked in.

Luukonen looked OK, made some juice saves, he's huge.

Probably?!?!? There couldn't have been more than 10 people in that crowd & wherever the play was reviewed that thought driving the goalie & puck into the net AFTER lifting the net off it's pegs created a good goal. Unfortunately for Finland, 1of those 10 had final say.

That was a screw job on order with the '98 Bills/Cheatriots "just give it to 'em" game.

The Foote "save" was borderline but if it wasn't in I'd like to know how that wasn't "closing the hand on the puck" which Budik got nabbed for 3 games earlier.

Edited by Taro T

To the 1st sentence, how should he have been expected to stop any of those shots? His teammates are CERTAIN their own BL signifies Chernyobl's borders.

To the 2nd, can she explain what the non-Rush-EE-ah chant (figured that one out :p) that was working in the 1st 2 periods was?

Probably?!?!? There couldn't have been more than 10 people in that crowd & wherever the play was reviewed that thought driving the goalie & puck into the net AFTER lifting the net off it's pegs created a good goal. Unfortunately for Finland, 1of those 10 had final say.

That was a screw job on order with the '98 Bills/Cheatriots "just give it to 'em" game.

The Foote "save" was borderline but if it wasn't in I'd like to know how that wasn't "closing the hand on the puck" which Budik got nabbed for 3 games earlier.

I agree that the net was off on that first goal.

The puck may have been in on Foote's save but it was a swatting motion with his hand.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.