World Juniors Game Thread

Eleven

I've been doing low carb for a couple of months now so this is the only beer I could muster up for the game tonight (please don't laugh Modo).

http://www.thebeerstore.ca/beers/sleeman-clear-20

Let's hope the boys in red and white can muster up more than that in the game tonight.

It's still 4% alcohol, like most light beers in this country. Enjoy!

US up 7-0 at the end of the second.

Announcer just told us that if the US hangs on the US will have won medals for three straight years.

Not to shabby

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Gå Team Sweden!

Sorry wintry neighbors to the north, but you keep sending me your bone chilling air so I can't root for you.

And I like MODO better.

Edited by skogslopp

US up 7-0 at the end of the second.

Announcer just told us that if the US hangs on the US will have won medals for three straight years.

Not to shabby

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Gå Team Sweden!

Sorry wintry neighbors to the north, but you keep sending me your bone chilling air so I can't root for you.

And I like MODO better.

I like you to. :D

Mittelstadt finds himself back in sole possession of the tournament scoring lead after an assist today, so far. Very impressive tournament from him.

Less so from Nylander, though he has a chance to change that tonight. At his age, this being his 3rd year in the tournament, and considering what he did last year, he should be dominating. He's been decent, but 1 goal and 7 points in 6 games is a disappointment.

Mittelstadt finds himself back in sole possession of the tournament scoring lead after an assist today, so far. Very impressive tournament from him.

Less so from Nylander, though he has a chance to change that tonight. At his age, this being his 3rd year in the tournament, and considering what he did last year, he should be dominating. He's been decent, but 1 goal and 7 points in 6 games is a disappointment.

Hatty and 1st star of the game while winning the Gold will make this all better.

Mittelstadt named Tournament MVP by Media

IIHF Directorate Awards for 2018 World Juniors

Top Forward: Casey Mittelstadt-USA (BUF)

Top Defenseman: Rasmus Dahlin-Sweden (2018)

Top Goaltender: Filip Gustavsson-Sweden (PIT)

With the help of some MODO mojo this could happen....

We get the number one pick and Dahlin is ours.

Kane to Pitts, one of the returns is a young goalie prospect named Gustavasson.

Very entertaining tourney.

Seeing how things played out, that Slovakia loss looms even larger for the US as they could've avoided Sweden (all other results being equal, which obviously isn't necessarily the case).

Tournament organizers would've been screwed if Canada also didn't make the finals. Only game of the whole tournament thst had more than 10k fans. (Caveat, didn't go to the semis, people that went to all of the games told me those had dissapointing attendance too. If they were wrong / telling stories, well, the rest of attendance did stink. ;)) Of course, they did a lot of things to hurt attendance (similar to what they dud to hurt attendance in '15 w/ the TO/Moe-ray-all split): overpriced the tix, underadvertised, didn't allow individual game sales until too late, only gave 2 hours between game start times KNOWING that w/ commercial breaks people could not catch both the end of the earlier game & the start of the next even though they were being played literally 5 minutes away from each other.

Doubt Buffalo gets the tourney again next time it comes to the US -between spreading the wealth around & poor attendance they'll put it somewhere else, but wouldn't be surprised if it comes back the time after that.

Very lucky to have skipped the quarters, had a seminar presentation the next morning & never would've gotten home in time for it.

Surprised that NS hasn't been shouting "Zadina!" more often. That kid is good.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.