World Juniors Game Thread

Eleven

Sweden forcing the US to play poorly and the US showing no moxie. Mittelstadt needed to pass on the 3-0. That would have changed things.

Sweden wants it and they are playing very disciplined hockey to get there.

A little disappointed Mittelstadt couldn't get on the scoresheet today. He seemed to slow down a little as the tournament went on. Could easily be a fatigue issue.

He became the focus of the other teams. They talked about it on the broadcast. Sweden has had 2 to 3 guys on him as soon as he touches the puck.

^That's a great point.

He had his chances today, though. Odd man rushes, plenty of open looks.

He did.. and he didn't get lucky.  I like that he was the focus.  I like that he still had chances.  I didn't like that he became somewhat predictable.  I absolutely hated him not passing on the 3-0.  That has to be a goal and the easiest play for the goaltender to defend is the puck carrier never really looking at a pass option.

Oh well.. he showed well and that's all we can ask for.  Nylander was one of the top 3 for Sweden as well which is encouraging.

I thought middlestadt looked pretty good still last night. Not as dominate as previous games but could of easily had a goal and assist or two.

Good luck tonight Modo. It's Canadian hunting season and I see some swedes wondering about.

I'm all in for Sweden tonight.  They should show well and if they can play the disciplined game they did against USA they should be in a great spot to win the game. 

Mittelstadt has looked great and I do hope for more today from him.  Today's game is a sign of how players respond after failing.  They blew up yesterday and anyone with pride should want to win this game big.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.