World Juniors Game Thread

Eleven

Still apoplectic about that ending. What even happened on the GWG? All of the Team USA players just collapsed like they'd been hit with tranquilizer darts. Awful.

Happy Mittelstadt gave Sabres fans their highlight of the year though. That goal was magical, and the (half empty) arena was amazing when it happened.

Still apoplectic about that ending. What even happened on the GWG? All of the Team USA players just collapsed like they'd been hit with tranquilizer darts. Awful.

Happy Mittelstadt gave Sabres fans their highlight of the year though. That goal was magical, and the (half empty) arena was amazing when it happened.

Seriously Adam Fox went down and couldn’t move.

Woll tried to follow Budeck around the back of the net, glad he is a Toronto Prospect.

What the

You better not be going tomorrow

Hell no!

Nope it's my fault. My bad karma the Sabres losing games I'm in attendance for apparently extends to USA Games as well. :(

Glad I didn't stick around for that. 3 games was plenty.

Left the rinks having been very entertained. Had I re-picked up seats for that, would've left ticked off.

I bought three seats for in Section 313, when I tried to head up there they said they closed the 300 level and gave me seats in the 100 Level.

This tournament has the makings of a disaster from an attendance and marketing standpoint

I've skipped the 4th games & the 2 Wednesday but the Canada Finland game was the only of the 4 in HSBC I was at that had the 300's open. And there was enough room down below to have closed it off for that one as well. Though it would've been tight, they could've squeezed 'em in.

Based on everything I read, it's kinda been a perfect storm of ######. Between prices, weather and lack of marketing, the event was doomed to fail.

It CAN'T be that! :lol:

It also doesn't help that Team Canada doesn't have any "you absolutely have to see this kid" kids this year.

I bought three seats for in Section 313, when I tried to head up there they said they closed the 300 level and gave me seats in the 100 Level.

This tournament has the makings of a disaster from an attendance and marketing standpoint

Given the lackluster ticket sales, I was kind of banking on that when I bought the $15 tickets to Saturday's Finland-Slovakia game rather than the $40 100 levels that my wife wanted :beer:

If you haven't seen Dahlin play yet, you should. The kid is a superstar

He is.

But even the best can get beat. There was 1 play near the Sweden goal during the Czech game that Christian Reichel turned him inside & out & then back again. No goal was scored, so no harm, no foul. But it was a very impressive play by Reichel.

He is.

But even the best can get beat. There was 1 play near the Sweden goal during the Czech game that Christian Reichel turned him inside & out & then back again. No goal was scored, so no harm, no foul. But it was a very impressive play by Reichel.

There's an overage guy I would use a 6th round pick on.

It CAN'T be that! :lol:

It also doesn't help that Team Canada doesn't have any "you absolutely have to see this kid" kids this year.

Guessing you are being serious. Me too. Outside of the last couple of weeks on MSG, I can't recall seeing or hearing a thing about the game minus this forum.

Guessing you are being serious. Me too. Outside of the last couple of weeks on MSG, I can't recall seeing or hearing a thing about the game minus this forum.

Yeah, it can't be the fault of marketing. Russ Brandon is the marketing God. He single handedly kept the Bills in Buffalo with his regionalization efforts between Rochester and Southern Ontario. The guy could sell bubble gum in a lock jaw ward. There must be some other explanation.

Yeah, it can't be the fault of marketing. Russ Brandon is the marketing God. He single handedly kept the Bills in Buffalo with his regionalization efforts between Rochester and Southern Ontario. The guy could sell bubble gum in a lock jaw ward. There must be some other explanation.

Is Pegula the loan marketing group on this?  I would think the IIHF has a good level of involvement since it's their product.  

Is Pegula the loan marketing group on this?  I would think the IIHF has a good level of involvement since it's their product.  

Ok, we can blame the IIHF then. They are horrible people. We just can't let their stink get on Brandon. He's infallible, which is why he continuously gets promoted even though things have never really improved under his watch.

Ok, we can blame the IIHF then. They are horrible people. We just can't let their stink get on Brandon. He's infallible, which is why he continuously gets promoted even though things have never really improved under his watch.

Welcome to nearly every business on Earth.

Given the lackluster ticket sales, I was kind of banking on that when I bought the $15 tickets to Saturday's Finland-Slovakia game rather than the $40 100 levels that my wife wanted :beer:

I may or may not have heard that this happened for USA vs Denmark and bought my seats accordingly

Seems like the border delays are quite significant.  I wonder if that's keeping people from attending as well?  There was a video on tsn.ca about one of their reporters backed up at the border and it being a super long drive just from Toronto.

Not the border but.. Was backed up at the Ralph just to get in. Only 1 metal detector thingy was working. Took some an hour to get through the gate..

That’s something I wish the bills took a look at. Haven’t been to a bills game in a couple of years but this is what it was like the last couple times. Safety is one thing but they have to find a way to expedite it.

That’s something I wish the bills took a look at. Haven’t been to a bills game in a couple of years but this is what it was like the last couple times. Safety is one thing but they have to find a way to expedite it.

They had 4 detector thingys at the one gate. Just one was working. I’m not sure if it was too cold or whatnot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.