World Juniors Game Thread

Eleven

They had 4 detector thingys at the one gate. Just one was working. I’m not sure if it was too cold or whatnot.

Last Bills game I was at ( a few years ago) they had a few as well but it still took an hour to get through the gate.  It's a bit ridiculous.  If their detectors don't work in the cold they sure didn't plan very well on their purchase of equipment.  Even if they never had to plan for January games they know it can still get cold in December.

Not the border but.. Was backed up at the Ralph just to get in. Only 1 metal detector thingy was working. Took some an hour to get through the gate..

Between the 90 being a parking lot after getting through the Williamsville toll barrier & nearly 40 minutes to get through the gate, surprised we caught any of the 1st. Took Union from Walden down - probably would've missed 1/2 the 2nd as well if we stayed on the Thruway.

Fun game, but the stadium logistics were disappointing as were lower bowl seats on the player bench side. Thought about requesting our seats for that one being equivalent to our Sabres seats (like they did for the originsl WC). Maybe next time.

I want to draft Tkachuk, but I’d love to find a way to trade for Bellows and Fox.

Fox is a 3rd rd pick for the Flames. Bellows was a 1st rd pick for the NYI.

I think both these guys could be acquired. If the Islanders want Lehner, how about Lehner and Baptiste for Halak and Bellows?

How about Reinhart to Calg for Fox, Bennett and a pick?

I want to draft Tkachuk, but I’d love to find a way to trade for Bellows and Fox.

Fox is a 3rd rd pick for the Flames. Bellows was a 1st rd pick for the NYI.

I think both these guys could be acquired. If the Islanders want Lehner, how about Lehner and Baptiste for Halak and Bellows?

How about Reinhart to Calg for Fox, Bennett and a pick?

Why not, I’d do both... not bad then send Kane for a D and a number 1

Really looking forward to the US -Sweden game.

To me the WJC has taken over the place that Olympic Hockey once held. The premier amateur sporting event for winter sports. Really don't care what happens to Olympic hockey as long as the WJC has this type of TV coverage.

Edited by skogslopp

Us vs Sweden will be fun to watch.  Plenty to pick through on what I am amped up about.  Mittelstadt v Nylander, Dahlin v Hughes etc etc etc.  This is the type of WJC play that gets me amped up about hockey.  Then to top it off we have Sabres Central (Ennis and Foligno) to watch versus the boys tonight.  Today is all about hockey and a good lager. 

Really looking forward to the US -Sweden game.

To me the WJC has taken over the place that Olympic Hockey once held. The premier amateur sporting event for winter sports. Really don't care what happens to Olympic hockey as long as the WJC has this type of TV coverage.

Outside of Canada, the WJC has nearly no TV coverage.

It's on NHLN in the US.  That network is uncommon.  Olympic hockey is on NBC.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.