Sabres prospects in the World Juniors this year

GASabresIUFAN

Interesting roster developments.  Pu left off the Canadian list of 32.  Davidsson on Sweden's list of 26 and are still interested in Nylander if Jbot allows him to play.  I thought this was a done deal. but apparently not.  Mittelstud also on the US Prelim list of 28 players.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Interesting roster developments.  Pu left off the Canadian list of 32.  Davidsson on Sweden's list of 26 and are still interested in Nylander if Jbot allows him to play.  I thought this was a done deal. but apparently not.  Mittelstud also on the US Prelim list of 28 players.

That really stinks for Pu.   Hopefully he can wipe the slate clean and avoid flushing this season down the toilet.  

Very nice pun. But seriously WTF?? Pu and Davidson left off?? What's next, Mittelstud doesn't make USA?This is why I'm the lowest I've ever been on this team. The present is dark and the future doesn't look much brighter.

And apparently I have reading comprehension problems this morning....

Very nice pun. But seriously WTF?? Pu and Davidson left off?? What's next, Mittelstud doesn't make USA? This is why I'm the lowest I've ever been on this team. The present is dark and the future doesn't look much brighter.

Pretty sure Davidsson was not left off. He's on the team.

I believe Ukko Pekka Lukoninenenenenen also is going. 

Very nice pun. But seriously WTF?? Pu and Davidson left off?? What's next, Mittelstud doesn't make USA? This is why I'm the lowest I've ever been on this team. The present is dark and the future doesn't look much brighter.

Davidsson is a lock to make team SWE.

As a 3rd rnd pick, Pu is already exceeding expectations.   Team Canada's selection process is run amok with cronyism, I wouldn't put too much weight into his being left off the invite list.     He averaged 1.36 ppg last season, this year he's at 1.31 ppg.    No reason for alarm.... he'll be a nice fit in Rochester for years to come..    He's one of those guys that could blossom in the AHL after a few years, it's good to have prospects like him in the system.

This is why I'm saying that Buffalo has a problem with their amateur scouting. With as big as scouting staff as they are supposed to have they sure don't hit on many picks. The last few years almost any one of us could have picked their first round pick. This is unacceptable and the reason why this team is in bad shape.

This is why I'm saying that Buffalo has a problem with their amateur scouting. With as big as scouting staff as they are supposed to have they sure don't hit on many picks. The last few years almost any one of us could have picked their first round pick. This is unacceptable and the reason why this team is in bad shape.

And as others have mentioned before, Botterill had a major shakeup of the scouting staff this past off season. The video scouting era was a major failure & Murray added to the scouting department.

Hopefully, the new guys get it right, but this latest incarnation has literally not been responsible for a single draft. It is very difficult to say they're awful when we don't have an ability as outsiders to judge THIS GROUP's body of work.

Video scouting: one more way the pre-Pegula ownership group cut corners & we are still paying/suffering for that mistake.

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.