Scott Wilson to Buffalo for 5th rounder

LGR4GM

I have yet to figure out why Larsson gets lopped in with Moulson, Griffith, Criscuolo, etc. He's an NHL caliber defensive/agitating forward. Perfect for the 4th line, suitable for the 3rd in the time being.

Whatever he may have been before, he's as good as useless now. 4 points, -15. Not what I want on a third line, or even really a 4th. He'll be someone Botterill moves on from. He's too slow.

---

I like this deal.

Not only are we adding a cheap, hard working forward with playoffs and Cup experience (he did actually have 6 points for the Pens in the playoffs last year), it sends a message to the rest of the roster.

Not least because they'll be aware Botterill is bringing in a guy who thus far this year hasn't tallied a point. THAT'S who Botterill would rather have on this club over some of the players he currently has. Message sent.

Whatever he may have been before, he's as good as useless now. 4 points, -15. Not what I want on a third line, or even really a 4th. He'll be someone Botterill moves on from. He's too slow.

---

I like this deal.

Not only are we adding a cheap, hard working forward with playoffs and Cup experience (he did actually have 6 points for the Pens in the playoffs last year), it sends a message to the rest of the roster.

Not least because they'll be aware Botterill is bringing in a guy who thus far this year hasn't tallied a point. THAT'S who Botterill would rather have on this club over some of the players he currently has. Message sent.

Yeah that's what I like about this as well.

I agree with Dark this is just the beginning of the makeover. 

I made my picks in the whose the next out door thread.... I am interested to see what he can get for Reino and Kane, they have the best return potential... 

---

I like this deal.

Agreed on all counts.

I really like Larsson, but I must now caveat that with -- Larsson of the Gionta/Foligno/Larsson 3rd line era. Agitating, occasional late goal, etc. But this season he looks so very lost (more than average on this team, which is ... awful). I had really hoped he'd be our Sami Pahlsson-type, but now I think Larsson needs the change of scenery and JBot needs the speedier player.

We bolstered the bottom 6 with two simple swaps (and I like the inclusion of Fasching as well, provided he stays in the lineup).

The message is sent. And we can only hope that when the players hear the message they respond with:

<envision a gif of Delta Force Norris saying "loud and clear" and then shooting up the radio>

Agreed on all counts.

I really like Larsson, but I must now caveat that with -- Larsson of the Gionta/Foligno/Larsson 3rd line era. Agitating, occasional late goal, etc. But this season he looks so very lost (more than average on this team, which is ... awful). I had really hoped he'd be our Sami Pahlsson-type, but now I think Larsson needs the change of scenery and JBot needs the speedier player.

We bolstered the bottom 6 with two simple swaps (and I like the inclusion of Fasching as well, provided he stays in the lineup).

The message is sent. And we can only hope that when the players hear the message they respond with:

<envision a gif of Delta Force Norris saying "loud and clear" and then shooting up the radio>

I'm not sure about the "loud and clear" message in the context of a professional lockerroom. What players fear the Moulson Treatment? Is that the one bullet Botterill had in his chamber? Do these players really fear the thought of the old gang getting broken up? I can go either way on the fear of being traded, but in general, you'd have to think it would be a welcome development for most of these guys, especially the youngens without families.

"Sam, sit down. We have some bad news. You've been traded to (insert name of almost any other NHL city)." "No, Jason, please, I'll do anything."

Edited by PASabreFan

I'm not sure about the "loud and clear" message in the context of a professional lockerroom. What players fear the Moulson Treatment? Is that the one bullet Botterill had in his chamber? Do these players really fear the thought of the old gang getting broken up? I can go either way on the fear of being traded, but in general, you'd have to think it would be a welcome development for most of these guys, especially the youngens without families.

"Sam, sit down. We have some bad news. You've been traded to (insert name of almost any other NHL city)." "No, Jason, please, I'll do anything."

I agree, PA. I don't think the Moulson thing sends a message at all. These guys might be talking the talk, but they're going to have to sell me on it. I don't think any of them are worried about their roster spots. 

I agree, PA. I don't think the Moulson thing sends a message at all. These guys might be talking the talk, but they're going to have to sell me on it. I don't think any of them are worried about their roster spots.

Scratch Eichel and ROR for a game or two, and reward a couple Amerks with a game or two in the NHL.

Scratch Eichel and ROR for a game or two, and reward a couple Amerks with a game or two in the NHL.

I'm generally not in favor of doing this. Positive reaffirmation gives better results than negative reinforcement. That didn't exactly go well with Byslma last year. What these guys need is to just believe in themselves. Eichel's just given up because when he does try, the result is the same as not trying. It's pure apathy 

Didn't expect you to think that... interesting.

Frankly I think it's a huge message. I am sure players both respect and enjoy having Moulson around the team.  Coaches pull goaltenders when teams aren't performing well in the hopes of sending a message to a team and it usually works.  This is much bigger than that in my opinion.  Everyone knows its a possibility but when it happens it becomes really real and now they have to deal with it.

Players don't like being shipped around.  They buy homes, they make friends, they have families, they become entrenched in the community. When a player signs a contract for 6 years they are looking forward to some stability for a period of time and having that interrupted, while understanding it can happen, is not something they want.

Agreed. We've seen these 'messages' for the last 7 years. Until something changes, I'm not buying it. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, and I'll buy season tickets

Didn't expect you to think that... interesting.

Frankly I think it's a huge message. I am sure players both respect and enjoy having Moulson around the team. Coaches pull goaltenders when teams aren't performing well in the hopes of sending a message to a team and it usually works. This is much bigger than that in my opinion. Everyone knows its a possibility but when it happens it becomes really real and now they have to deal with it.

Players don't like being shipped around. They buy homes, they make friends, they have families, they become entrenched in the community. When a player signs a contract for 6 years they are looking forward to some stability for a period of time and having that interrupted, while understanding it can happen, is not something they want.

It's all talk. They need to show me. They've had ample opportunity this year to try to string two or three good games together and they can't do it. They aren't trying to do it. Why should I believe that this will have any effect? Maybe they come out and play balls to the wall tonight. So? They'll be back to their bullsh*t in two games like Matty Mo never existed.

I'm generally not in favor of doing this. Positive reaffirmation gives better results than negative reinforcement. That didn't exactly go well with Byslma last year. What these guys need is to just believe in themselves. Eichel's just given up because when he does try, the result is the same as not trying. It's pure apathy

I agree with your theory, in general. I also think a $10mil and a $7.5mil contract is plenty enough positive affirmation. A message needs to be sent, and it’s seeming like Housley doesn’t know how to do it. 27 freaking games into the season, and they’re doing something about the apathy just now???

That is called immaturity... he needs to adjust his game and figure it out, coaches can help but he has to work at it. millenials if it doesnt come easy give up..

I agree with your theory, in general. I also think a $10mil and a $7.5mil contract is plenty enough positive affirmation. A message needs to be sent, and it’s seeming like Housley doesn’t know how to do it. 27 freaking games into the season, and they’re doing something about the apathy just now???

I don't think any message is sent by publicly embarrassing these guys. It's just going to make them resent Housley and try less, because they know they're not going anywhere and he will

Want to punish them, or send a message? Do the old classic. If someone isn't putting in the effort, or screws up, or whatever, make the entire team do suicides, while that guy watches and blows the whistle. He won't do it again, I promise that

That is called immaturity... he needs to adjust his game and figure it out, coaches can help but he has to work at it. millenials if it doesnt come easy give up..

###### off

Edited by WildCard

Like all those millennials who voted for Trump because they wanted their coal jobs back instead of adapting/retraining for a new industry? 

Oh wait, that was the boomers. The biggest babies in US history. 

Like all those millennials who voted for Trump because they wanted their coal jobs back instead of adapting/retraining for a new industry? 

Fine im neither, agree, I am stuck in between both of these selfish groups so f off all of them...

Those millennials should just go get a steady job and they'd be able to afford a house like I did. - Ray, 63, South Buffalo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.