Scott Wilson to Buffalo for 5th rounder

LGR4GM

Hmmm, looks like roster fillers. Who was it in the Moulson thread that said XGMTM should have done short contracts and RFA's for the tank years. 

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck is it going the way of another makeover ?

Now I am interested to see what else JBOT is going to do.

Hell the hockey isn't entertaining so stay tuned for the next episode of  "As the Sabres turn".    

Hmmm, looks like roster fillers. Who was it in the Moulson thread that said XGMTM should have done short contracts and RFA's for the tank years. 

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck is it going the way of another makeover ?

Now I am interested to see what else JBOT is going to do.

Hell the hockey isn't entertaining so stay tuned for the next episode of  "As the Sabres turn".    

That was me, and yes, I think we're doing another makeover. I can't see Botterill committing to any cap mistakes. Which is why I think guys like Kane and Reinhart are probably gone. He isn't going to get Kane to sign for a price he likes. Sam Reinhart is going to want more in RFA that he's probably interested in giving. So trade them away. 

sometimes a single player can make a world of difference. i am not saying that will happen here, but it can.

before i got married i was a huge baseball fan. i loved the red sox and never missed a game (almost literally, i missed like 5 in the whole season). in 2004 the red sox were a good team but were missing something, and they really could not string together a lot of wins. the trade deadline comes and they get orlando cabrerra. all of a sudden they seemed to click. orlando cabrerra was the spark the team needed. he wasnt anything special really, but they did much better when he joined the team. 

i am hoping that is the case here. Probably not, but i am still hopeful. 

The Sabres are better today then they were yesterday on paper. Erod, had he not gotten hurt, would have made the team out of camp. Wilson is a young faster and better player then Moulson at this point.

This is just the beginning. I have zero problem with Jbot getting some of his players here. His players played for a annual contender and multi-Cup winning franchise, a franchise Jbot had a significant hand in keeping stocked with talent. TM’s guys, from Ottawa, have won exactly nothing.

I also agree with the idea that Wilson is depth to avoid bringing up guys from Rochester. It’s pretty clear Jbot wants to keep the group intact as best he can so that they make a run in the playoffs.

Remember that Josefson is also hurt; so with Moulson gone are replacing two forwards.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.