GDT Penguins at Sabres, 7pm, MSG & Free Game on NHL.tv

LTS

Someone's Buffalo Sabres return to the ice tonight to face the Penguins of Pittsburgh in Night 1 of a home and home series.

USATSI_10412687.jpg?itok=R7dK8STu&c=9bc3

There's not a lot to say right now.  The real question is whether Buffalo can show up to a game against one of the NHL's most prolific offensive teams.  The Penguins are led by Phil "Gimme another Hot Dog" Kessel and his 32 points, followed closely by Crosby (25) and Malkin (21).  The only Sabre player over the 20 point threshold is Evander "Soon to be traded in a real deal" Kane.

There is a ton of soul searching happening at Someone's OneBuffalo and the fans could use a boost.  Speaking of boosts, Zach Bogosian should return tonight. He showed promise early on in the new look Sabres attack seen during the pre-season.  However, the Sabres have been every bit of the old look attack since the puck dropped on Game 1.

Can Bogosian make a difference?

Well, in a sport largely dominated by Canadians it surely can't hurt to have more "A"s on the ice, eh?

In other good news, the Sabres should have cleared their Movember facial hair by tonight's game and Girgensons will no longer be mistaken as the Latvian Luigi.  Good news for turtles everywhere, i suppose.

Welcome to another weekend of Buffalo sports. 

Is this a game that my young gamers might want Santa to put under the tree?

Forza 7. I want to say yes, but I don't know how old your kids are. It might be a bit challenging for them. It took me a little while to figure out what the hell was going on with the in-game credit system, mods, and if they want to play it on anything over Easy mode they're going to need to mess with tuning on their cars. This game is all about the campaign mode, so you really can't just drop in and start racing. Not like in the old days. 

But who knows, your kids could be video game geniuses compared to me. The last racing game I dedicated any time to was Gran Turismo 4 on PS2, which came out 13 years ago.  :wacko:

Forza 7. I want to say yes, but I don't know how old your kids are. It might be a bit challenging for them. It took me a little while to figure out what the hell was going on with the in-game credit system, mods, and if they want to play it on anything over Easy mode they're going to need to mess with tuning on their cars. This game is all about the campaign mode, so you really can't just drop in and start racing. Not like in the old days. 

But who knows, your kids could be video game geniuses compared to me. The last racing game I dedicated any time to was Gran Turismo 4 on PS2, which came out 13 years ago.  :wacko:

Good feedback. Thanks kindly.

Marty Biron confirmed he "thinks" bogo will be in today. Reset the counter to read "There has been Zero days since Bogosian has been injured".

Slow your roll there. We have to see if Bogo makes it through the pregame skate AND the game before we can reset the clock. 

I think I'm just going to play Forza and drink beers. 

Going to play darts and drink beer :p

GT was awesome, always been a fan of colin Mcrea rally also :p

Let the 72 straight hours of Buffalo sports misery begin....

It's not really 72 hours. The Pats will put the Bills away by halftime, like 2:30, so you can take an hour and a half off. And deduct three more hours since the Sabres game starts at 7 and the Bills game should be (technically) over by 4 or so. And then there's sleeping, eating, showers, times when the misery can be forgotten. Saturdays always go fast. It's like seven hours. It'll go by like *that*.

I do think Bogosian has value to add to our team while suiting up. Botterill has spoken of finally seeing what the team is capable of, with the full 6-man D unit he imagined. My hope is that they are very successful, and that Bogosian is a noticeable addition. That way, it'll be ever more clear to Botterill that a fully functioning 6 man unit is what Housley needs, the benefits of such on full display, leaving Botterill with no choice but to ensure he replaces Bogosian this summer so as to allow a 6 man unit to be possible for more than 50% of a season.

Edited by Thorny

I do think Bogosian has value to add to our team while suiting up. Botterill has spoken of finally seeing what the team is capable of, with the full 6-man D unit he imagined. My hope is that they are very successful, and that Bogosian is a noticeable addition. That way, it'll be ever more clear to Botterill that a fully functioning 6 man unit is what Housley needs, the benefits of such on full display, leaving Botterill with no choice but to ensure he replaces Bogosian this summer so as to allow a 6 man unit to be possible for more than 50% of a season.

+1

Risto's goal doesn't count?  It was THE nicest goal scored by our defense this season. :devil:

if it counts then they need to get on the phone and make a deal for the oilers Russell to add to the defenses goal scoring abilities!

I think you should go with Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge.

agree, always a hit with the kids, always use power drive....

Let the 72 straight hours of Buffalo sports misery begin....

meh, it's only misery if you let it get to you. After all this time I can't let it get to me and have become numb and just accept it, usually use it to an advantage when getting on the game too. Just accept the Pats will win and hope for a close game where maybe Brady takes a beating?

if it counts then they need to get on the phone and make a deal for the oilers Russell to add to the defenses goal scoring abilities!agree, always a hit with the kids, always use power drive....meh, it's only misery if you let it get to you. After all this time I can't let it get to me and have become numb and just accept it, usually use it to an advantage when getting on the game too. Just accept the Pats will win and hope for a close game where maybe Brady takes a beating?

:lol:

Decisions, decisions...

Since I am going to the game here in Daberg tomorrow, do I watch the game tonight and spoil the illusion that I could actually see a good solid well played game here tomorrow night? 

Could I watch too clunkers in row and still have a good time with the 2nd being in person ?  

I guess I could root for the Pens and then not be disappointed if they lost.... Such a conundrum...

Lets go Sabrequins...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.