What Cody Hodgson didn't tell us

dudacek

What's this say about the Sabres medical staff? Miss GoDD for a thread like this.

Lots of diseases/disorders aren't easy to detect.  This one required a "muscle biopsy," whatever that is (without specifying the muscle, how are we to know?).  It seems that they basically were at the point where they were checking him for some type of cancer when they discovered it.  

Edited by Eleven

That explains things. The Sabres and TBN should re-publish this story to let the fans know why CoHo’s career ended.

I went to summer camp in Haliburton for years. Great place in northern Ontario. The Haliburton Hockey Heaven was a huge deal.

Minor question for the Ontarians: would Haliburton qualify as “Northern Ontario?” I tend to think of “North Ontario” as closer to Hudson Bay — but I could be out to lunch on that.

As for CH: good luck to ya, kid. I’m glad you made a good bit of cash before this was taken away from you.

Best to Cody ...

I used to vacation on Lake Baptiste. Halliburton general store was a stop for supplies. Highland Grove and Bancroft, too!

Ontario is so large, that you can be quite north, and still in southern Ontario.

PS ... God lives there.

Holy cow.  That poor SOB went through so much just to try and play, and none of us had any idea what he was battling.  I'm glad he's gotten a diagnosis and still has the ability to participate (if only peripherally) in something he loves, but damn.

For any fellow nerds interested in more about malignant hyperthermia:

https://www.my46.org/trait-document?trait=Malignant%20hyperthermia%20susceptibility&type=profile

Most people find out (too late) that they have it when they've had anesthesia for surgery, but in rare cases strenuous exercise can trigger it as well.  He is seriously lucky to be okay.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.