GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Los Angeles Kings, 10/14/17, 10:30pm ET, MSG

darksabre

That sucks. Oh, and I've been trying to track you down, you have some crow to serve me concerning Will Butcher :lol:

I almost forgot about our Avatar bet.  I'm so sad about the Sabres, I hate to add to anyones misery.   His 8 pts in his 1st 5 games ties Wowie's record.  Obviously he'd have been of no use here.  I guess his agent knew a better team with a better opportunity when he saw it.  

Again, right on point. While McDavid and Matthews continuously look like tools, I've never seen a viral video of Jack doing anything suspicious

Right about Colorado too, in giving away RoR. Likely the reason they're so hesitant to trade Duchene as well, because they're waiting for another easy deal to fall in their laps

Kane is just a distraction on/off ice. Remember when he got called out for windbreakers. And if Okposo was any good as Tavares, he’d still be with the Islanders. You think Pens are letting Malkin walk that easy? Or Toews from Hawks? No way.

And I don’t mean that they have to be criminals but if you want to be a hockey player in the NHL, you have to be an a—hole too.

Kane is just a distraction on/off ice. Remember when he got called out for windbreakers. And if Okposo was any good as Tavares, he’d still be with the Islanders. You think Pens are letting Malkin walk that easy? Or Toews from Hawks? No way.

And I don’t mean that they have to be criminals but if you want to be a hockey player in the NHL, you have to be an a—hole too.

Garth Snow does have a history of making smart moves. There's no way Okposo is as good as Tavares, obviously. Probably the same reason the Pens were so hesitant to keep Letang and trade for Kessel, or why the Hawks didn't want to pay their complimentary players

Case and point, Donald Brashear. 

I want him shooting their 60% of the time.

Not me. When he's making that pass on those 2 on 1s, it's just always going in right now. He placing those feeds perfectly.

What in the world was that line out there for the PK?

I don't have the words.

Things are not going well enough for me to let slide the fact that Moulson is getting the ice time he is while Sam gets what he does. That Tennyson is playing over Antipin.

I just can't get0-5 out of my head. They really let this thing get bad.

Housley, you have to bring something to the table if you make decisions like switching Kane and Zemgus after Eichel did what he did with Zem for 5 periods in a row. Kane isn't a smart player and did a dumb thing and lost you the game. Do SOMETHING, make SOME decision that gets a better net result than the team having no coach whatsoever, because we're 0-5 right now and you don't look any good at all.

All of those lineup decisions had me completely confused. I was thinking after the first that Eichel had found his permanent left winger, and then poof, Zemgus was removed in the 3rd.

Moulson was on WAY, WAY too much, at the expense of time Reinhart should have been getting, especially in the third. They've gotta get Sam on the board, here. That's zero points in 5 games.

And why wasn't O'Reilly taking the draw at the end on the PK? Immediately ended up in our net.

Puzzling, to say the least. I can't believe we are playing ourselves out of it this early.

Edited by Thorny

I’m not a Toronto fan. You have to understand the NHL and how it works. Teams don’t let superstars walk unless they know that said player is just a product of the system. ROR, Okposo and Kane were given away by their former teams because they aren’t superstar material. People liked Eichel because he’s a good kid, never saw a report saying he was a leader or great goal scorer.

well said and unfortunately he has a point that merits serious consideration. I have felt while Jack is as good as we have and may get for a while, he is nowhere close to McDavid and/or Mathews and I was kinda amazed at the contract. he is getting a contract based on what they hope he will do and not what he has done thus far, which while his scope of work has not been too bad, it certainly has no been great. he is not the kind of guy who can take the team on his shoulders and win basically by himself (or he would have done so by now). 

in the end, we seem to be asking the same old tired questions and making the same old tired opinions we made most of last year...in fact at this point we looked better last year. Now that is scary...

well said and unfortunately he has a point that merits serious consideration. I have felt while Jack is as good as we have and may get for a while, he is nowhere close to McDavid and/or Mathews and I was kinda amazed at the contract. he is getting a contract based on what they hope he will do and not what he has done thus far, which while his scope of work has not been too bad, it certainly has no been great. he is not the kind of guy who can take the team on his shoulders and win basically by himself (or he would have done so by now). 

in the end, we seem to be asking the same old tired questions and making the same old tired opinions we made most of last year...in fact at this point we looked better last year. Now that is scary...

You can not just simply compair Eichel with McDavid and Matthews because then you'll lose the argument.

Eichel has been consistently scoring points and setting up his team mates.    7 points in 5 games played he is on pace for a 80 + point season.

The only difference between him and the two others is that the Oilers and Leafs actually have secondary scoring to win games.

This was not a good game, other than the first period. This team is winless and the fact that fans standards and what to expect are so low is beyond disheartening.

Comparing this crap Buffalo puts on the ice to Toronto makes me sick to my stomach. Another year my kids don't go to games is the kicker.....season over the same month it started. Enjoy the year and see you in '18.

This was not a good game, other than the first period. This team is winless and the fact that fans standards and what to expect are so low is beyond disheartening.

Comparing this crap Buffalo puts on the ice to Toronto makes me sick to my stomach. Another year my kids don't go to games is the kicker.....season over the same month it started. Enjoy the year and see you in '18.

have a good year :p

That is what I intend to do. I am just too positive of a person to have this team affect my mood the way it does. It's just easier to remove myself and not bring in the negativity right now.

Its not easy to see anything positive about this team, but I'm liking what Eichel is doing, Kane, Pommer.  

Just affraid this team will be digging to big of a hole to rebound in time.

So nfreeman what's the plan for the last 2 pages of this thread? I'd like it to be publicly known.

Anybody else notice that the PK went to squat roughly the same time Gorges got into the lineup?

Things that make you go 'hmmm.'

I'm fairly certain I also saw Tennyson on the pk at one point and barf

You caught me :lol:

I shouldn't have mentioned the orange dude in the first place. But Lehner, being a baby, reminds me so much of the orange baby that I couldn't help it. (Okay, I am actually apologizing for this one :lol: )

BTW, I voted for a republican people. Chillax.

Yea it was someone's trigger word

Actually game thoughts.

Jack Eichel is the best player on the team. He's creating offense and is on pace for 82a, 33g. So Yea he's worth it.

Reinhart actually tried and did a ton of little things well. I want ROR on his wing.

The defense is clearly still trying to figure out. They were bad.

I'm over Lehner. The 1 PP goal wasn't his fault but the other two I hated what he did. Ullmark should be called up if this continues.

A step in the right direction but you could tell as period 2 went on, this team lacks the legs to play. They weren't able to get lose pucks in the 3rd much at all. They aren't conditioned for this system. Reinhart I'm looking at you.

Oh and Kane should never be with Eichel again. It's awful. Zemgus Eichel Pommers

Actually game thoughts.

Jack Eichel is the best player on the team. He's creating offense and is on pace for 82a, 33g. So Yea he's worth it.

Reinhart actually tried and did a ton of little things well. I want ROR on his wing.

The defense is clearly still trying to figure ###### out. They were bad.

I'm over Lehner. The 1 PP goal wasn't his fault but the other two I hated what he did. Ullmark should be called up if this continues.

A step in the right direction but you could tell as period 2 went on, this team lacks the legs to play. They weren't able to get lose pucks in the 3rd much at all. They aren't conditioned for this system. Reinhart I'm looking at you. Oh and Kane should never be with Eichel again. It's awful. Zemgus Eichel Pommers

I agree with most of this. I think ROR on Sam's wing could work, give Ryan first crack at draws.

I still think they played about as complete a game as we could have hoped for last night, given how bad they've looked. The effort was there, the lines had more chemistry.

They lost this one fair and square, but they looked like a real hockey team.

Bailey getting a call-up worries me. Is Okposo going on IR....

My takes...

Can we get that 3rd round pick back from the Habs for BowlYou

I just can't wrap my brain around all the negative and hate that Kane gets from some on this board. Let's see he's our leading scorer with a +/- of 0

I can see it for our 7.5 million dollar man who's on pace for 16 points for the year

Or our 6 million dollar man who's on pace for 0 points for the year

Or our super smart 2nd pick of the draft, who is so SMART and so GIFTED and should be playing C all the time who is on pace for 0 points on the year and a +/- of (-131) for the year

Yes that's not a misprint a -131

Lehner should never had let that 3rd goal in. Shot from the point, no-one screening him, 4 seconds into the PK. If he doesn't improve drastically consider him on his last contract with the team.

You can blame Pouliot for a lame effort by not blocking that shot but PLEASE Lehner has to make that save.

Seth Griffith reminds me of a character from Mayberry and not Andy. How do you miss that wide open net with Quick off balance on top of it. 

Scandella is starting to come around but Risto and McCabe for that matter have to protect the front of the net much better than they've shown so far

How bad has Antipin been if Tennyson is getting TOI??? Another player showing ever worst than his stats.

Pomminstein can't keep up this scoring pace but he's been a bright spot on the team so far.

Eichel as good as he is can't save this team, he actually is playing or has played extremely well

Girgensons has earned a spot on the team again. If he continues his play, he'll be fine somewhere on the middle six

Saying Nolan is better than Des is pretty faint praise

Give Housley some time, as bad as things seem at the moment, I think he's pushing the team in the right direction although at times it seems uncoordinated.

I still think they played about as complete a game as we could have hoped for last night, given how bad they've looked. The effort was there, the lines had more chemistry.

They lost this one fair and square, but they looked like a real hockey team.

Bailey getting a call-up worries me. Is Okposo going on IR....

Bogo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.