GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Los Angeles Kings, 10/14/17, 10:30pm ET, MSG

darksabre

Wow, you know your hockey team is bad when a game thread degenerates into idiots arguing about Trump and Hillary! 

But about the game, I was actually happy to see effort and some speed. This was the best game we have played this year despite the loss and IF we'd shown this type of effort in all the previous games we wouldn't have lost them all. Eichel is clearly at his best when playing at top speed and I think this why Housley keeps trying to find players who can keep up. In the long run, don't worry, Eichel is going to be ok.

Pouliot has no business being in the league, so I wonder how long it will take for management to accept this mistake and sit him out of the line up. I hoped Beaulieu would surprise, and he has. he has surprised me at how bad he is!!!! Two long shot gambles that have failed for JBot.  Well, nothing given away really so whatever. I guess it was worth a try. 

It is refreshing to see people bitching about refs, that's what you're supposed to see after a game. Not a game so bad nobody cares or notices but a competitive game that is a bounce or two from a win. Good to be able to bitch about Kane taking a typical lazy penalty that he is prone to take, and not simply about how bad the team played.

They actually hit some people now and again and showed signs of life. This is encouraging. It's not great, but it's a pinstep in the right direction.

The interesting thing will be to see if the effort continues against the Ducks or will they quit and fold for the rest of the trip. That will tell us a lot about this team win or lose tomorrow. 

While I started everything with a political jab (that is frowned upon but not unheard of in the post-election Sabrespace) I don't think any real political discussion/arguments happened. I did get accused of something horrendous by a piece of , though. Who appears to have no problem with what he said. 

I don't care if I get in trouble for what I did, I would deserve it, but seriously, what a scumbag.

He might be. Wouldn't blame him for it though, I have a hard time disagreeing with any of the obvious truths he's told so far. That seems to go in line with Leafs fans too: objective truths

They were right about Matthews though. (As was I  :nana: )

But yeah I'm so wrong about so many hockey things that I'm going to flaunt the two times per year I say something that winds up being true.

Jack getting 7 points through 5 games makes me pretty indifferent about AM. We have bigger fish to fry. Bad phrase. We have to learn to tie our shoes first before we can compete in a track meet with the Leafs.

Edited by Randall Flagg

The only players who have scored at even strength have done so while Jack is on the ice, and he has a goal or an assist on 6 of those 7 plays.

Logic says that this can't continue. ROR and KO and SR will produce eventually. But how shot will our hopes be by that time? The season could be completely killed if they don't stop this right this second. 

Ugh. 

And ROR is doing all at center, and has NHL and international success at wing. Why not put him next to Samson? I'd argue that neither has done anything to deserve C over the other, but Sam's line was better at keeping the puck while he directed it. 

I’m not a Toronto fan. You have to understand the NHL and how it works. Teams don’t let superstars walk unless they know that said player is just a product of the system. ROR, Okposo and Kane were given away by their former teams because they aren’t superstar material. People liked Eichel because he’s a good kid, never saw a report saying he was a leader or great goal scorer.

Edited by JackRyanLeafEichel

The only players who have scored at even strength have done so while Jack is on the ice, and he has a goal or an assist on 6 of those 7 plays.

Logic says that this can't continue. ROR and KO and SR will produce eventually. But how shot will our hopes be by that time? The season could be completely killed if they don't stop this right this second. 

Ugh. 

And ROR is doing ###### all at center, and has NHL and international success at wing. Why not put him next to Samson? I'd argue that neither has done anything to deserve C over the other, but Sam's line was better at keeping the puck while he directed it. 

The season is bascially over already.  The only thing we have left is the hope that they will find some chemistry and begin to play at least entertaining hockey.

Why do I say this?  Because to make the playoffs this team will likely need around 95 pts.  That means in the remaining 77 games, this team will have to go 43-26-8.  Do you really see any realistic scenario where that is possible?

The season is bascially over already.  The only thing we have left is the hope that they will find some chemistry and begin to play at least entertaining hockey.

Why do I say this?  Because to make the playoffs this team will likely need around 95 pts.  That means in the remaining 77 games, this team will have to go 43-26-8.  Do you really see any realistic scenario where that is possible?

Honestly that record isn't that scary. They were going to nearly need that to get to the playoffs in the first place. But in general yeah, it's hard to picture them fixing it THAT much between now and the end. 

Today was a lot better in the "fun to watch" category. 

I’m not a Toronto fan. You have to understand the NHL and how it works. Teams don’t let superstars walk unless they know that said player is just a product of the system. ROR, Okposo and Kane were given away by their former teams because they aren’t superstar material. People liked Eichel because he’s a good kid, never saw a report saying he was a leader or great goal scorer.

Now I'm confused. What does this have to do with all democrats being pedophiles?

Honestly that record isn't that scary. They were going to nearly need that to get to the playoffs in the first place. But in general yeah, it's hard to picture them fixing it THAT much between now and the end. 

Today was a lot better in the "fun to watch" category. 

I wish I could have watched it.  Sadly Comcast did everything that could and succeeded in preventing it.   

Again, right on point. While McDavid and Matthews continuously look like tools, I've never seen a viral video of Jack doing anything suspicious

Right about Colorado too, in giving away RoR. Likely the reason they're so hesitant to trade Duchene as well, because they're waiting for another easy deal to fall in their laps

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.